Blood, Sweat, and Gore: A 2008 Election Game by Aaron and Dat
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:27:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore: A 2008 Election Game by Aaron and Dat
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore: A 2008 Election Game by Aaron and Dat  (Read 10820 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2020, 12:01:09 AM »

Liberman for President Announcement[/i]

Welcome everyone! I am so glad to stand in front of you on this very, very, nice day. The last eight years, have been some of the best in U.S. history, with increases in jobs, GDP, and overall happiness of the average American. Under the leadership of our great president, Al Gore, we have managed to make America a much better place. This leadership must continue in order to keep America as a welcoming place for all. We can only achieve this through working together and working side-by-side to get things done.

After much consideration, I have decided that I will be running for President of the United States, to preserve the success of this country that President Gore has worked on. However, I have thought about what party's nomination I will be seeking no party's nomination for President. Instead, I will be running as an Independent for president. I feel as if the Democratic Party has moved away from the values that I hold, and instead have moved toward more radical and progressive values. At the same time, I feel that the Republican Party is too far to the right and regressive. I am not binding to any party, and instead binding to the people's will.

This marks a continued progress for America, and in this campaign, we are running on the message of by the People and for the People. We stand united as a people, fighting for the rights of all people and working together to accomplish things that all of us can get behind. Together, we will achieve and together, we will win! God bless you all and God bless America!

I know Lieberman was an Independent OTL at this point...but there's no way a Vice President Lieberman would run as an Independent.

Yeah and Gore wouldn't endorse an independent over a Democrat even if he was his vice president.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2020, 12:01:45 AM »

Liberman for President Announcement[/i]

Welcome everyone! I am so glad to stand in front of you on this very, very, nice day. The last eight years, have been some of the best in U.S. history, with increases in jobs, GDP, and overall happiness of the average American. Under the leadership of our great president, Al Gore, we have managed to make America a much better place. This leadership must continue in order to keep America as a welcoming place for all. We can only achieve this through working together and working side-by-side to get things done.

After much consideration, I have decided that I will be running for President of the United States, to preserve the success of this country that President Gore has worked on. However, I have thought about what party's nomination I will be seeking no party's nomination for President. Instead, I will be running as an Independent for president. I feel as if the Democratic Party has moved away from the values that I hold, and instead have moved toward more radical and progressive values. At the same time, I feel that the Republican Party is too far to the right and regressive. I am not binding to any party, and instead binding to the people's will.

This marks a continued progress for America, and in this campaign, we are running on the message of by the People and for the People. We stand united as a people, fighting for the rights of all people and working together to accomplish things that all of us can get behind. Together, we will achieve and together, we will win! God bless you all and God bless America!

I know Lieberman was an Independent OTL at this point...but there's no way a Vice President Lieberman would run as an Independent.

I'm forced to agree with NYE here
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2020, 12:02:47 AM »

Can we get a GM ruling on the plausibility of Lieberman running as an Independent in this scenario? I honestly don't think it's realistic at all, given he's Vice President.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2020, 12:05:03 AM »

Can we get a GM ruling on the plausibility of Lieberman running as an Independent in this scenario? I honestly don't think it's realistic at all, given he's Vice President.

Yeah, same. This should've cleared up because not only would Lieberman not run as an Independent, but the precedent wouldn't be there. No vp president has ever became independent when running.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2020, 12:07:28 AM »

Yeah, same. This should've cleared up because not only would Lieberman not run as an Independent, but the precedent wouldn't be there. No vp president has ever became independent when running.

This
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2020, 12:24:32 AM »

This

It's not really a question, Joe Liberman can't be an Independent.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2020, 12:25:53 AM »

This

Also, can we agree 'well, he did' is the weakest argument ever?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2020, 12:26:52 AM »

This

Also, can we agree 'well, he did' is the weakest argument ever?

Agreed.
atlas_epideli
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2020, 12:36:37 AM »

Lieberman will be running as a Democrat.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2020, 12:39:30 AM »

Thank you for fixing that. You might want to go back and edit your announcement speech, for continuity purposes.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2020, 12:44:31 AM »

Glad you understand where we're coming from. Sorry if we seemed rude, but we just had to make you realize what you were trying to do wouldn't happen realistically
RGM2609
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2020, 01:34:15 AM »
« Edited: May 31, 2020, 01:45:08 AM by RGM2609 »

I would like Russ Feingold, please
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2020, 07:54:30 AM »

New York Governor George Pataki announces a Presidential run, advocating on his fundamental principles of liberty, freedom, and prosperity. He will work tirelessly for the working person and discuss her reforms throughout the course of this campaign.

Yes, this means Michael Bloomberg can pick a new free endorsement.

I would like Russ Feingold, please

You got it.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2020, 07:55:32 AM »

I'd like to run as Jon Huntsman.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2020, 07:57:00 AM »

(all images courtesy of Wikimedia Commons)

Candidates will be allowed one free endorsement prior to the campaign starting; these endorsements are not bound by any factors except party and timeframe (i.e. if you're any Democrat and want Jimmy Carter, go for it; John Boehner or a still-alive Bobby Kennedy, not so much). Preferably not someone from the lists of candidates until signups close. Also, Democrats will not be allowed to receive the endorsement of President Gore in the primaries.

You got it.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2020, 08:03:56 AM »

I'd like the endorsement of Susan Collins.

Got it.
romanthaddeus007
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2020, 08:40:27 AM »

Hey, could I get Tom Daschle and the endorsement of Senator Tom Harkin?
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2020, 08:45:30 AM »

Hey, could I get Tom Daschle and the endorsement of Senator Tom Harkin?

Granted!
RGM2609
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2020, 09:34:33 AM »
« Edited: May 31, 2020, 09:43:49 AM by RGM2609 »

I would like the endorsement of Rep. Bruce Braley, please. Also, ITTL Florida and Michigan had that conflict with the DNC which prevented them from participating in the convention vote too?
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2020, 09:47:56 AM »

I would like the endorsement of Rep. Bruce Braley, please. Also, ITTL Florida and Michigan had that conflict with the DNC which prevented them from participating in the convention vote too?

You're good to get Braley, but no, Florida and Michigan will not be having a similar incident to OTL.
Balsanator03
Rookie

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2020, 10:34:11 AM »

New Endorsement since Pataki is in the race: Tom Corbett Governor of PA
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2020, 11:44:43 AM »

Wikimedia Commons

Brian Schweitzer for President: The People's Democrat

Oh, there we go, mic is on. Hello Montanans, I'm happy to be here in Billings today. Jag, Nancy and I are here for a very special announcement, and of course it would have to be in Montana, and I think Billings is a good example of the good work we've done to help Montanans. The story of this state is the story of the struggle for working people. Most in the other 49 don't know that this state was once effectively the private property of the Anaconda corporation. We were their own personal cash cow to them. But the Montanans routed them, we kicked them out, we sent the Anacondas running. As Governor I've tried to do my best to keep them out, and make Montanans proud and keep this state prosperous and happy. That means massive budget surpluses, investing in early childhood education, big time investment in education in Indian country, getting all those domestic energy jobs, defending our 2nd Amendment rights, telling the Feds to leave Montana hunters, fishermen, and ranchers the hell alone, and yes vetoing all those bad, frivolous, unconstitutional bills that the GOP keeps sending my way, and if I need to use a branding iron, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll do it! And there is more on the way folks.

But folks, the Anacondas are back. They've slithered into Washington. It's no surprise Walmart keeps conquering Mom and Pop shops, Homeland Security Departments and rigged trade deals are forced onto small town America, and domestic energy production is shoved into the ground. Now it's gotten a lot better since the days of winner take all, rich man's trickle down economics and corruption up to here, it has. And President Gore did a mighty fine job telling that puppet of the big military industrial companies Dick Cheney to go back to Wyoming, he did a fine job with that I'll say. But there is much more work to do, I'm not beholden to any special interest. I'm not Governor of Montana for anybody but Montanans. I believe that every American deserves a leader who can truthfully say, without a moment of reservation that they are in it for the American people, and I think Americans are looking for that. And it's for that reason that I stand before you to announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America. It's gonna be a long fight, and yes they'll make it nasty, but I'm committed to it. The American people deserve it, and I believe that I can be a the candidate for working Americans, for our children and grandchildren, and a President who can fight everyday for the American people. Thank you my friends, and today our journey begins!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2020, 12:16:16 PM »

New Endorsement since Pataki is in the race: Tom Corbett Governor of PA

Got it.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2020, 12:39:23 PM »

The Elephant in the Room

Ernie Fletcher would be faced with a minor dilemma in a bid for the Presidency. For at least the beginning portion of the campaign, he would have to balance a re-election campaign with a Presidential campaign. Though he's the easy favorite for another term, thanks to an expected Republican wave, he will still have to fend off mildly challenging competitors to hold the Governor's mansion. Ernie Fletcher would run for President in all but name by February 2007, publicly announcing an exploratory committee and expressing interest in national media interviews, though shying away from any actual announcement. He would garner endorsements, donors, fundraising and staff in preparation for a run, as well as making appearances with conservative groups and at conferences, but he would publicly express the need to "put Kentucky first" before "national ambitions." He would use the Governor's race to his advantage, using the extra media coverage to advance his profile as a staunch social conservative, hoping to become a national darling of the Religious Right over the course of his Governor's campaign without doing much national campaigning.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2020, 12:41:36 PM »

Can I take Adam Putnam
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies