Blood, Sweat, and Gore: A 2008 Election Game by Aaron and Dat
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:19:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore: A 2008 Election Game by Aaron and Dat
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore: A 2008 Election Game by Aaron and Dat  (Read 10762 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2020, 09:44:43 PM »

I would like the endorsement of Mark Pryor.

Got it.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2020, 09:47:14 PM »

Could I get the endorsement of Dianne Feinstein?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2020, 09:49:37 PM »

For Obama's "free" endorsement, I'd like Representative John Lewis (D-GA).
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2020, 09:53:02 PM »

To Cabbage/Aaron, if most layers have posted announcement speeches by June 1st, could we get the first polls as well as the Gameplay thread up and running?

I don't see why not. If the vast majority have posted announcement speeches by the deadline, you'll probably see a polling update on the gameplay thread
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2020, 09:55:43 PM »

Could I get the endorsement of Dianne Feinstein?

For Obama's "free" endorsement, I'd like Representative John Lewis (D-GA).

Indeed you can.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2020, 10:20:07 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2020, 01:56:35 AM by AshtonShabazz »

Hillary Clinton Presidential Announcement Video
Feb 10th, 2007

I believe in the United States of America and I believe in our nation's citizens. I grew up in the middle of America in a middle-class household. I was taught the values of hard work and how to make a living.

These are the values that American's abide by every day. The values that if you work hard and play by the rules you should be able to make a living for you and your family. But that dream has been growing less and less true every day. Americans are losing hope and are unsure of their future, and it doesn't have to be this way.

That is why I am running for President of the United States of America, it is time for all of us to come together as Americans and unite behind a candidate that has kept these values to heart no matter what life has thrown at
them. Let's continue the progress of the past 8 years of President Gore. It is time for Americans to come together again and that is why I want to be your President.

So join us in Manhattan as we kick-off our campaign and make history. It is your time, and this is our chance. So join me in this campaign and let's do this...

Together.

Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2020, 10:25:00 PM »

TRUMP/FLYNN TICKET ANNOUNCES FIRST CAMPAIGN ENDORSEMENT DURING RALLY IN MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA

MARCH 1ST, 2007

"Oh wow, big crowd, big crowd. You know, everywhere I go, I get gigantic crowds, the biggest and so many media reporters come up to me and say 'how do you do it, Donald?' and I tell them one simple thing. I make it exciting to be at a rally. I say things you would never hear a politician say. I speak what is on my mind. There is no filter for me, as what I say is what comes out. However, I'm not out here for me. I'm out here to make an announcement. Today, me and General Flynn are proud to announce our very first campaign endorsement. This individual is a great man and has been one of the biggest supporters of this campaign with him telling me in private that my ideas would truly make this country amazing. Ladies and gentlemen, this man has served your state for the last 12 years nobly and honorably, Senator Jeff Sessions."

Source : Wikimedia Commons

"I am honored to be here in the great city of Montgomery amongst the citizens of my great state, Many of you may be surprised with my sudden endorsement of someone not in my political party. My simple reasoning is that the current crop of candidates from my political party, the Republican Party, simply isn't good enough. Moderate Collin Powell? Liberal War Hawk John McCain? No, I refuse to support anyone and the only man who I know holds most of my belief but likely has little to no chance in the primaries is Virginia Senator George Allen. This is why I'm endorsing Mr. Trump for President. As an Independent, he'll bring the nation together unlike any other, with his running mate being a Democrat while I myself am a Republican. The Trump/Flynn ticket will truly Make America Great Again and I pledge to support them until Election Day itself!"

Despite knowing what this might do to his re-election chances in the Senate, Jeff Sessions goes to Campaign for Mr. Trump across the SOuth, mainly in Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee in an effort to raise his popularity and win over supporters from the Democrats or the Republicans. Meanwhile, multiple reports have come out stating that most right-wing actors/comedians/radio hosts, as well as Representative Steve King and the Constitution Party itself has stated that they do hold sympathies for the Businessman but are witholding any potential endorsements until there is proof Trump has a chance of winning. The Trump/Flynn campaign responds with stating that if they wanted to, their endorsements would be greatly appreciated and that while the ticket would appreciate the support of the Constitution Party, Trump will remain an Independent but suggests that the party could actively campaign for him and withdraw from the ballot on several states to give him a better chance of winning the election should he get the endorsement of the minor party..
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2020, 10:26:59 PM »

I'll do some classic Trump tweets tomorrow once more candidates have entered the race.
Balsanator03
Rookie

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2020, 10:28:21 PM »

I would like to get the endorsement of NY Governor George Pataki
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2020, 10:28:40 PM »

Donald J. Trump Announcement Speech

January 17th, 2007

Trump Tower, Manhattan, New York City, New York

"Wow. A lot of people showed up here today. A whole lot of people came here to hear an announcement. It's so amazing to see each and every one of you coming out here to hear an announcement from me. It's very humbling, especially to someone like me and I'm honored to see the face of every person here. I can say one thing, there has been no crowd quite like this and there likely won't be one ever again. But, I have to say my announcement before I get far too off track.

Our country is in serious, serious trouble. We don't win anymore. We haven't had a real victory since the 1990s. When was the last time we got the upper hand over China or say Canada in a trade deal? It doesn't happen anymore. It doesn't happen, but I beat them all the time, all the time. When was our last victory over Japan? Don't get me wrong, beautiful country and amazing, absolutely wonderful people, but we don't win against them anymore. We import their cars by the millions while our companies cannot open up in their markets.

When do we best Mexico at the border? We have the laxest border security in the world. The globe, it's laughing at us because of how pathetically weak our border restrictions are. and now, we are losing to Mexico economically despite what President Gore or several others might say. They are not our friend, Believe me. The United States is now the trash bin for every problem the world has. If a nation finds a problem, they toss it towards us and expects us to deal with both the problem and the aftermath of it while they go off Scott free. That can't happen any longer, that isn't what America should be seen as.

It is time for some major change in this country as we stand on the precipice. As we slowly reach our limits at the border, I hear border patrols saying that while there are good people, there are also bad people too. These bad people look to abuse our current border situation at the detriment of American citizens everywhere. This isn't just coming from Mexico either. It's coming from all across South and Latin America and from other parts of the world that are far less fortunate than us. We used to be able to handle this, but we don't know how anymore. Our political leaders are completely and utterly incompetent and we have no idea how to handle a situation like this one.

And then we look at the Middle East, where we see dictators such as Saddam Hussein of Iraq or Muammar Gaddafi of Libya doing horrible things to their people. What they do, it doesn't make these men human, they are animals, monsters, rabid dogs who must be taught that America will not let transgressions against human rights be left unchecked. However, the Gore administration has all but ignored the issue for other, in my opinion, less important things. That is just my opinion. I don't support invading them or the like, no, I don't want to risk any of the lives of our beautiful volunteers in the armed service unless absolutely necessary. Instead, should these dictators continue to commit human rights violations, there will be harsh consequences.

And now we go back to the United States. Here, our unemployment in the double digits, Indeed they are. Do not trust any other number. Don't believe it. The reason for such a high number is because we are losing our jobs and quickly. We're losing them to China, we're losing them to Mexico, we're losing them everywhere. They have jobs themselves but not us. As we get weaker, our enemies grow stronger and become more emboldened. As our influence wanes, the Russian Bear looms over the horizon ready to snap at us once again.

And then we have another idea, President Gore's healthcare plan that he is sending to Congress. I highly recommend that Congress does not approve of this legislation until it is either properly fixed or the American people can decide what they want in it by voting for the President in November.

It's clear this country needs somebody, not a politician, as they have failed us so many times in the past before. If another politician is elected, the same thing as the last 16 years will be done. Neither party is different and both are ruled by the political elite who think they're better than you. There are some people from both parties that I am personal friends with and some of them are considering running for President and to each and every one of them, I wish them the best of luck. However, they aren't talking about what I'm talking about, folks. No they aren't. They don't tell it like it is. I do, however.

And so, with all this in mind and with the knowledge that I have the support of all of you behind me, I am officially running for President of the United States of America and I pledge to Make America Great Again, not as a Republican, or a Democrat, of which both have failed us many times, but instead as an Independent, for the sake of the American People!
"

[Loud cheering is heard along with people chanting Trump over and over. This continues for two minutes before Trump signals for it all to quiet down]

"However, I think we all know this road will be long and rather difficult and I have decided that, in order to be honest with each and every person in the United States, I will announce my running mate right from the start of the campaign. He is a proud man and has served this country for over twenty years before announcing his retirement from the military a few months ago when I first contacted him and discussed a potential presidential campaign. He's been completely on board ever since I told him and has become a close friend of mine. Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce to you the great retired Lieutenant General, Micheal T. Flynn."

Flynn takes the stage from Trump while shaking his hand as the Audience cheers and applauds them. Trump and his family stands beside him as he begins to speak

"Indeed, what you just heard was correct. I, Micheal T. Flynn of Rhode Island, am now the official running mate to Mr. Donald J. Trump. On practically everything, Mr. Trump has been consistent and he's been saying the right thing over and over again. The Gore and Clinton administrations have been too weak on too many fronts and so was the Bush administration and so now, we must focus on healing the damage done. Both the Republican and Democratic Parties have failed and while I doubt Perot could've done much better with a congress opposed to him at every turn, he was correct in his predictions, especially with a Giant Sucking Sound going south in '92. I admit, I myself am a registered Democrat and voted for the Democrat for several years before recently, but this shows that Mr. Trump doesn't care about political backgrounds or old party affiliation, he cares about getting the job done. As President, he'll work to unite both parties together and bring a common sense of unity to the nation. Together, when elected, Mr. Trump and I will Make America Great Again!"

Businessman Donald John Trump Sr. (I-NY)/Retired Lieutenant General Micheal Thomas Flynn (I-RI)
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Following Mr. Trump's announcement speech, the Trump/Flynn ticket set up a campaign by opening offices and headquarters in New York, California, Florida, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. The Media Mogul begins to recruit a massive volunteer force with all the cash he has on hand at the time while he also spends time at several fundraisers to raise his war chest in the case its needed. He knows that his messages will resonate the best in the rust belt and the South and decides that, instead of elsewhere, those two regions and California and New York is where he'll spend most of his campaign going for. With over a year until the first Presidential Debate arrives in September or October of 2008, Trump hopes to reach at least 15% in national polling at that point in time to arrive on the debate stage. However, his main campaign is using the internet to his advantage, with the creation of a Youtube Channel, Twitter Account, and several other Social Media accounts to gain a closer connection to his supporters. it is hoped the outreach will give Trump a major boost in the months to come.

I just hate to be a total nitpicker, but are you sure you want General Flynn as your running mate? It's a rather horrible look to have an active duty general on the ticket, for any candidate, in my opinion.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2020, 10:29:35 PM »

Agreed, also Twitter isn't nearly as big in 2007.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2020, 10:30:50 PM »

Agreed, also Twitter isn't nearly as big in 2007.

Yeah, but Trump (and Obama) would be the two people in the race to actually be using it at this point.

I might try to craft some Obama tweets later, if I feel like it.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2020, 10:31:38 PM »

I would like to get the endorsement of NY Governor George Pataki

Got it.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2020, 10:33:21 PM »

January 17th, 2007

"Wow. A lot of people showed up here today. A whole lot of people came here to hear an announcement. It's so amazing to see each and every one of you coming out here to hear an announcement from me. It's very humbling, especially to someone like me and I'm honored to see the face of every person here. I can say one thing, there has been no crowd quite like this and there likely won't be one ever again. But, I have to say my announcement before I get far too off track.

Our country is in serious, serious trouble. We don't win anymore. We haven't had a real victory since the 1990s. When was the last time we got the upper hand over China or say Canada in a trade deal? It doesn't happen anymore. It doesn't happen, but I beat them all the time, all the time. When was our last victory over Japan? Don't get me wrong, beautiful country and amazing, absolutely wonderful people, but we don't win against them anymore. We import their cars by the millions while our companies cannot open up in their markets.

When do we best Mexico at the border? We have the laxest border security in the world. The globe, it's laughing at us because of how pathetically weak our border restrictions are. and now, we are losing to Mexico economically despite what President Gore or several others might say. They are not our friend, Believe me. The United States is now the trash bin for every problem the world has. If a nation finds a problem, they toss it towards us and expects us to deal with both the problem and the aftermath of it while they go off Scott free. That can't happen any longer, that isn't what America should be seen as.

It is time for some major change in this country as we stand on the precipice. As we slowly reach our limits at the border, I hear border patrols saying that while there are good people, there are also bad people too. These bad people look to abuse our current border situation at the detriment of American citizens everywhere. This isn't just coming from Mexico either. It's coming from all across South and Latin America and from other parts of the world that are far less fortunate than us. We used to be able to handle this, but we don't know how anymore. Our political leaders are completely and utterly incompetent and we have no idea how to handle a situation like this one.

And then we look at the Middle East, where we see dictators such as Saddam Hussein of Iraq or Muammar Gaddafi of Libya doing horrible things to their people. What they do, it doesn't make these men human, they are animals, monsters, rabid dogs who must be taught that America will not let transgressions against human rights be left unchecked. However, the Gore administration has all but ignored the issue for other, in my opinion, less important things. That is just my opinion. I don't support invading them or the like, no, I don't want to risk any of the lives of our beautiful volunteers in the armed service unless absolutely necessary. Instead, should these dictators continue to commit human rights violations, there will be harsh consequences.

And now we go back to the United States. Here, our unemployment in the double digits, Indeed they are. Do not trust any other number. Don't believe it. The reason for such a high number is because we are losing our jobs and quickly. We're losing them to China, we're losing them to Mexico, we're losing them everywhere. They have jobs themselves but not us. As we get weaker, our enemies grow stronger and become more emboldened. As our influence wanes, the Russian Bear looms over the horizon ready to snap at us once again.

And then we have another idea, President Gore's healthcare plan that he is sending to Congress. I highly recommend that Congress does not approve of this legislation until it is either properly fixed or the American people can decide what they want in it by voting for the President in November.

It's clear this country needs somebody, not a politician, as they have failed us so many times in the past before. If another politician is elected, the same thing as the last 16 years will be done. Neither party is different and both are ruled by the political elite who think they're better than you. There are some people from both parties that I am personal friends with and some of them are considering running for President and to each and every one of them, I wish them the best of luck. However, they aren't talking about what I'm talking about, folks. No they aren't. They don't tell it like it is. I do, however.

And so, with all this in mind and with the knowledge that I have the support of all of you behind me, I am officially running for President of the United States of America and I pledge to Make America Great Again, not as a Republican, or a Democrat, of which both have failed us many times, but instead as an Independent, for the sake of the American People!
"

[Loud cheering is heard along with people chanting Trump over and over. This continues for two minutes before Trump signals for it all to quiet down]

"However, I think we all know this road will be long and rather difficult and I have decided that, in order to be honest with each and every person in the United States, I will announce my running mate right from the start of the campaign. He is a proud man and has served this country for over twenty years before announcing his retirement from the military a few months ago when I first contacted him and discussed a potential presidential campaign. He's been completely on board ever since I told him and has become a close friend of mine. Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce to you the great retired Lieutenant General, Micheal T. Flynn."

Flynn takes the stage from Trump while shaking his hand as the Audience cheers and applauds them. Trump and his family stands beside him as he begins to speak

"Indeed, what you just heard was correct. I, Micheal T. Flynn of Rhode Island, am now the official running mate to Mr. Donald J. Trump. On practically everything, Mr. Trump has been consistent and he's been saying the right thing over and over again. The Gore and Clinton administrations have been too weak on too many fronts and so was the Bush administration and so now, we must focus on healing the damage done. Both the Republican and Democratic Parties have failed and while I doubt Perot could've done much better with a congress opposed to him at every turn, he was correct in his predictions, especially with a Giant Sucking Sound going south in '92. I admit, I myself am a registered Democrat and voted for the Democrat for several years before recently, but this shows that Mr. Trump doesn't care about political backgrounds or old party affiliation, he cares about getting the job done. As President, he'll work to unite both parties together and bring a common sense of unity to the nation. Together, when elected, Mr. Trump and I will Make America Great Again!"

Businessman Donald John Trump Sr. (I-NY)/Retired Lieutenant General Micheal Thomas Flynn (I-RI)
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Following Mr. Trump's announcement speech, the Trump/Flynn ticket set up a campaign by opening offices and headquarters in New York, California, Florida, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. The Media Mogul begins to recruit a massive volunteer force with all the cash he has on hand at the time while he also spends time at several fundraisers to raise his war chest in the case its needed. He knows that his messages will resonate the best in the rust belt and the South and decides that, instead of elsewhere, those two regions and California and New York is where he'll spend most of his campaign going for. With over a year until the first Presidential Debate arrives in September or October of 2008, Trump hopes to reach at least 15% in national polling at that point in time to arrive on the debate stage. However, his main campaign is using the internet to his advantage, with the creation of a Youtube Channel, Twitter Account, and several other Social Media accounts to gain a closer connection to his supporters. it is hoped the outreach will give Trump a major boost in the months to come.

I just hate to be a total nitpicker, but are you sure you want General Flynn as your running mate? It's a rather horrible look to have an active duty general on the ticket, for any candidate, in my opinion.

I did say in the speech that he retired sometime before Trump's announcement. As the Timeline doesn't really say what happens to specific individuals or if they remain in the position they're in or not and it does say outright that Flynn is retired. If Cabbage or Aaron does have a problem with this, however, I'll change it without issue.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2020, 10:36:02 PM »

Yeah, we need a ruling on whether Flynn actually did retire.
Balsanator03
Rookie

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2020, 10:36:07 PM »

Bloomberg for America 2008 Kickoff
Attendance: 5,049

Hello Norfolk. Thank you for having me here today in front of such great people. I grew up here, did you know, before I moved up to New York City. It is with great pleasure today that I announce my candidacy for President of the United States under the Republican Party.

America needs new leadership. Leadership that will bring a strong America working for American ideals on the foreign stage. Leadership that will help bring thousands of jobs to the people. Gore's leadership has lead to a globalized America, working more for the jobs of NATO than upholding the ideals of the United States. I stand for unity in the UN, NATO and other organizations but we need to help our nation as well!

Gore's leadership has lead to higher taxes on businesses, especially if they emit carbon gases. Without this vital money, businesses have been laying off thousands of hard-working, middle to lower class individuals.

My business, Bloomberg L.P., has helped compensate up in New York City. Our business has been very open to those recently laid off.

We need competent leadership in the White House, not leadership pushing our ideals away, not leadership forcing you out of jobs.

I encourage you all to vote for me, NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg, to be the next Republican nominee for President of the United States!

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2020, 10:37:29 PM »

January 17th, 2007

"

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

I did say in the speech that he retired sometime before Trump's announcement. As the Timeline doesn't really say what happens to specific individuals or if they remain in the position they're in or not and it does say outright that Flynn is retired. If Cabbage or Aaron does have a problem with this, however, I'll change it without issue.

Just for the sake of the ticket, I'll allow it.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2020, 11:25:10 PM »

I'd like the endorsement of Susan Collins.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2020, 11:39:57 PM »

January 1, 2007

Allen for President 2008
New America

In this nation at this time, those in middle America are being squeezed into poverty by high taxes. Our nation's values are being torn apart by Activist Judges. and our laws are being written by the  Liberal elite in Washington, Los Angeles, and New York. I am here today in Ames, to say that no longer can we accept the status quo, no longer can we let Activist Judges let the desecration of our nation's standard, our image, and our freedom continue to be destroyed by those who would see our nation on her knees. I am running for President in 2008, not to continue the radical Liberal Agenda of President Gore, but to reinstate a common-sense conservative government to our nation, we need lower taxes, a strong military, and a balanced budget. 

60%, that is how many Americans support the constitutional amendment to ban the desecration of our nation's flag. The Democrats in Congress oppose it, letting those cowards, because that's what they are, cowards. Burn our flag, is nothing more than treasonous. The activist judges who have allowed for those cowards to continue their destruction of our flag disrespect every brave American, no matter the race, religion, creed, or skin color who has laid down their lives in defense of it. Hundreds of thousands of men and women have made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of that flag. As President, I will appoint judges who won't take activist stances and will allow the United States to continue as it has the last 200 years as a nation of the people, for the people, and by the people.

16 years, we elected Bill Clinton to be President. Those last 16 years have been a nation in decline, we have lost jobs across the nation, from Iowa to Florida, to the coast Virginia. These jobs have been squeezed out of our country, by taxes, by regulations, and by those who wish to see America fail. for 16 years those who have been winning are the Liberal class, but the American people say no more! We need to get jobs back to the middle class, and the working class. On day one of my administration, we will eliminate the death tax, the tax that steals from thousands of Americans every year. During my Presidency we will lower taxes, and balance the budget, by eliminating government waste and fraud, by instituting welfare reform to ensure that Social Security and Medicare continue to serve future generations of Americans. 

During my administration, there are key priorities I will have. I call these the 3 A's, I will be presenting all 3 to Congress when we return from Recess,  Amendment 1, The Federal Marriage Amendment, an amendment that enshrines in the constitution that marriage is and will continue to be between one man and one woman. Amendment 2, the Balanced Budget amendment, this will allow for America to longer be chained to our debt, because the nation is like a business, we can't just keep on taking money out and hope that it will be alright, we need to ensure in our nation's most forsaken document that we will not run a deficit, Amendment 3, The Flag desecration amendment this will ensure that no one who has committed the ultimate sacrifice will be dishonored so greatly by a coward burning the flag that they fought and died to protect.

As President, I am going to be tough on crime and on terrorism. The unspeakable acts that were committed by terrorists across our nation these 8 years, those cowards struck at a place of worship in Texas, a place that's goal is only to spread the message of love and forgiveness preached by Jesus Christ. There is no more despicable act than the murder of innocents, and to do that at a place of worship makes it just more cruel and horrible. As Governor I worked with Democrats and Republicans in the State Assembly to pass a three-strikes law, to clean up the streets of Virginia and ensure that murderers, rapists, and drug cartels no longer plagued the streets.

Tonight, with me is a great friend of mine and someone I feel has mentored me during my time in the Senate, and even when I was the Governor of Virginia. That man is your Senator, Chuck Grassley! Together in the Senate, we have worked to defeat the liberal interests, block activist judges from destroying our constitution, and lowering taxes on Middle Americans, because we know when Middle America does good all of America does good. Thank you all, God Bless you all, and God Bless the United States of America!

Evan H

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2020, 11:43:07 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2020, 12:01:08 AM by Evan H »

New York Governor George Pataki announces a Presidential run, advocating on his fundamental principles of liberty, freedom, and prosperity. He will work tirelessly for the working person and discuss her reforms throughout the course of this campaign.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2020, 11:48:46 PM »

John Lewis, at Centennial Park, Atlanta, Georgia, February 7, 2007

So, first off, I want to address the speculation brewing that I will be running for President. That isn't true, and I don't where that is coming from.

Now, Senator Obama announced he is running yesterday. To me, he is the embodiment of the hope African-Americans have long been denied. I mean, did anyone pay attention to his Senate campaign? As such, I am proud to endorse Barack Obama for President of the United States, and I will do anything to get him elected.
atlas_epideli
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2020, 11:53:53 PM »

Liberman for President Announcement[/i]

Welcome everyone! I am so glad to stand in front of you on this very, very, nice day. The last eight years, have been some of the best in U.S. history, with increases in jobs, GDP, and overall happiness of the average American. Under the leadership of our great president, Al Gore, we have managed to make America a much better place. This leadership must continue in order to keep America as a welcoming place for all. We can only achieve this through working together and working side-by-side to get things done.

After much consideration, I have decided that I will be running for President of the United States, to preserve the success of this country that President Gore has worked on. However, I have thought about what party's nomination I will be seeking no party's nomination for President. Instead, I will be running as an Independent for president. I feel as if the Democratic Party has moved away from the values that I hold, and instead have moved toward more radical and progressive values. At the same time, I feel that the Republican Party is too far to the right and regressive. I am not binding to any party, and instead binding to the people's will.

This marks a continued progress for America, and in this campaign, we are running on the message of by the People and for the People. We stand united as a people, fighting for the rights of all people and working together to accomplish things that all of us can get behind. Together, we will achieve and together, we will win! God bless you all and God bless America!
atlas_epideli
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2020, 11:55:53 PM »

Requested endorsement of Al Gore.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2020, 11:57:59 PM »

Liberman for President Announcement[/i]

Welcome everyone! I am so glad to stand in front of you on this very, very, nice day. The last eight years, have been some of the best in U.S. history, with increases in jobs, GDP, and overall happiness of the average American. Under the leadership of our great president, Al Gore, we have managed to make America a much better place. This leadership must continue in order to keep America as a welcoming place for all. We can only achieve this through working together and working side-by-side to get things done.

After much consideration, I have decided that I will be running for President of the United States, to preserve the success of this country that President Gore has worked on. However, I have thought about what party's nomination I will be seeking no party's nomination for President. Instead, I will be running as an Independent for president. I feel as if the Democratic Party has moved away from the values that I hold, and instead have moved toward more radical and progressive values. At the same time, I feel that the Republican Party is too far to the right and regressive. I am not binding to any party, and instead binding to the people's will.

This marks a continued progress for America, and in this campaign, we are running on the message of by the People and for the People. We stand united as a people, fighting for the rights of all people and working together to accomplish things that all of us can get behind. Together, we will achieve and together, we will win! God bless you all and God bless America!

I know Lieberman was an Independent OTL at this point...but there's no way a Vice President Lieberman would run as an Independent.
atlas_epideli
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2020, 11:58:42 PM »

Well, he did.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies