Top Ten Most Conservative Colleges/Universities in America
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:28:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Top Ten Most Conservative Colleges/Universities in America
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Top Ten Most Conservative Colleges/Universities in America  (Read 20422 times)
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2006, 04:10:53 AM »

My nephew goes to #4.

Though there is a high stress on professionalism and disipline, I have heard nothing about any serious political bias at the university from him.

Of course, the terms 'liberal' and 'conservative' are a bit vacuous anyway. 

In a way, these lists seem to describe more of a communitarian/libertarian axis than liberal/conservative.  but even that is generalizing a bit.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006, 05:10:34 PM »

I agree that Hillsdale is quite conservative, though I would've put Hope higher.
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2006, 02:42:36 PM »

I wonder how the U.S. Military Academy as well as the U.S. Coast Guard Academy failed to make the list? The other three service academies did.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2006, 02:52:16 PM »

I wonder how the U.S. Military Academy as well as the U.S. Coast Guard Academy failed to make the list? The other three service academies did.

It was probably a selective move.  You can allign the Coast Guard Academy with Kings Point, and West Point with Annapolis (in the way they noted those two at the end of the other Academy listings).  I would think having all five service academies dominating the list would come across as being a bit unfair.  Smiley  I'm just tickled that Kings Point made the list.  hehehe
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2006, 02:55:41 PM »

But now Kings Point and Coast Guard are in different conferences. That is going to make the Secretary's Cup less of a big deal. Besides, don't they work for DIFFERENT secretaries now? (Transportation vs DHS)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2006, 03:07:44 PM »

But now Kings Point and Coast Guard are in different conferences. That is going to make the Secretary's Cup less of a big deal. Besides, don't they work for DIFFERENT secretaries now? (Transportation vs DHS)

hehehe . . . well, I'm sure we'll find a way around that.  As far as being under different secretaries, I'm not sure who has the claim on Kings Point these days.  I know the Navy's investment in the school has increased since 9/11 (and it is apparent when you go up there to visit), but I'm not sure if they now fall under Department of Defense or Homeland Security.  If I remember correctly (and this has been a few years now), the Navy was funding about 20% of the schools cost, primarily to maintain the T-AGOS which they received from MSC and to run CAORF (the navigation simulator) and the continuing education center.  Dept. of Trasportation was covering all other expenses for logistics, facilities, and education.

NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2006, 04:32:54 PM »

From what I can tell from the websites USCGA is now operated by DHS and USMMA remained at DOT. Maybe both secretaries will feel compelled to attend the game now! Go Mariners!
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2006, 05:49:03 PM »

Uh, Hillsdale College voted Bush with around 60 percent of the vote and ranks first, while Brigham Young voted Bush with over 90 percent and is third?  Gee.

Where did these statistics come from, Alcon?  I'd really like to know the breakdown for other colleges!
PS, what about Colorado University?  Their student body is notoriously Conservative.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2006, 06:58:17 PM »

Uh, Hillsdale College voted Bush with around 60 percent of the vote and ranks first, while Brigham Young voted Bush with over 90 percent and is third?  Gee.

Where did these statistics come from, Alcon?  I'd really like to know the breakdown for other colleges!
PS, what about Colorado University?  Their student body is notoriously Conservative.

I looked them up myself. Smiley

Do you mean Colorado Tech or the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs?

It looks like the Colorado Tech precinct was 66% for Bush.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2006, 09:26:40 PM »

I looked them up myself. Smiley

Do you mean Colorado Tech or the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs?

It looks like the Colorado Tech precinct was 66% for Bush.

U of C
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2006, 09:39:43 PM »

I'm assuming you don't mean Boulder's campus, and are talking about Colorado Springs.

The precinct containing U of C is pretty big, and I'm not sure if there is actually student housing in it (it contains a lot of residential areas), but Bush received 68% there.

All surrounding precincts also voted heavily for Bush.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies