2020 Protests megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:05:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  2020 Protests megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 60
Author Topic: 2020 Protests megathread  (Read 64965 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: June 01, 2020, 07:34:04 PM »

Oh God you guys got NovaGreen all hot and bothered again and now he's posting like some WWII era partisan again. Nice going Tongue
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #676 on: June 01, 2020, 07:38:57 PM »

Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #677 on: June 01, 2020, 07:42:50 PM »

Trump's speech was great. No mercy for rioters and looters. Trump's bringing me (and many other pubs) home with these remarks.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #678 on: June 01, 2020, 07:43:24 PM »

Support of BLM is surging right now:

Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #679 on: June 01, 2020, 07:44:44 PM »

LOL no they aren't. People are seeing the true thuggish nature of the movement just like they did 4 years ago.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #680 on: June 01, 2020, 07:46:21 PM »

Why does he look like a fourth grader bsing his way through a book report without having read the book?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #681 on: June 01, 2020, 07:46:51 PM »

LOL no they aren't. People are seeing the true thuggish nature of the movement just like they did 4 years ago.

Facts don't care about your feelings.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #682 on: June 01, 2020, 07:48:29 PM »

College educated whites have gotten a lot more racially progressive since BLM started. The Floyd killing was the spur that was needed to finally get them to come all the way home.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #683 on: June 01, 2020, 07:49:34 PM »

Trump's speech was great. No mercy for rioters and looters. Trump's bringing me (and many other pubs) home with these remarks.

I didn't him condeming the rioters and lootters, only their victims.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #684 on: June 01, 2020, 07:50:00 PM »

I am genuinely sad to say that I always suspected you'd go back to Trump in the end.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #685 on: June 01, 2020, 07:51:40 PM »

Yep. Today is the day Trump stepped up to the plate. After completely losing me for the last three months, I am cautiously teetering back toward him again. He still seems a bit weak, but I would be extremely confident if he put someone dependable like Tom Cotton in charge of the response since he is a bit too lazy.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #686 on: June 01, 2020, 07:54:30 PM »

Yep. Today is the day Trump stepped up to the plate. After completely losing me for the last three months, I am cautiously teetering back toward him again. He still seems a bit weak, but I would be extremely confident if he put someone dependable like Tom Cotton in charge of the response since he is a bit too lazy.

So, he threatens to violate posse comitatus to use military force against American citizens, and that's what brings you back to the fold?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #687 on: June 01, 2020, 07:54:39 PM »

Oh God you guys got NovaGreen all hot and bothered again and now he's posting like some WWII era partisan again. Nice going Tongue

Only for you Sanchez.... Wink

Thought you had me on ignore?   Smiley
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #688 on: June 01, 2020, 07:56:12 PM »

So, he threatens to violate posse comitatus to use military force against American citizens, and that's what brings you back to the fold?
They were always going to go back to the fold. They just needed the excuse
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #689 on: June 01, 2020, 07:57:32 PM »

I'm really hyped at our selection for 2024. Hawley (economic nationalism), Cotton (social ruthlessness), DeSantis (great leadership), and many more. The future is bright for the GOP, but sadly, only if Trump loses. However, i'm now contemplating favoring him in the race.

You mean thugs, rioters, and looters? Yeah, that's exactly what's bringing me into the fold.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #690 on: June 01, 2020, 07:57:50 PM »

What Trump said was fine, just like almost all his prepared speeches which are written by other people are fine. But it was just the baseline that any president would say-- the rule of law, etc. Smilo giving him a lot of credit, but if he hadn't stepped up to the plate after a week of nationwide rioting something would really be up. The reality is there are deeper problems in this country that he hasn't fixed.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #691 on: June 01, 2020, 07:58:13 PM »

The fascism turns them on.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #692 on: June 01, 2020, 07:58:37 PM »

I'm really hyped at our selection for 2024. Hawley (economic nationalism), Cotton (social ruthlessness), DeSantis (great leadership), and many more. The future is bright for the GOP, but sadly, only if Trump loses. However, i'm now contemplating favoring him in the race.

You mean thugs, rioters, and looters? Yeah, that's exactly what's bringing me into the fold.

He literally gassed peaceful protestors right before his speech. How are they thugs, rioters, and looters?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #693 on: June 01, 2020, 08:00:15 PM »

Lol

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #694 on: June 01, 2020, 08:02:41 PM »

He literally gassed peaceful protestors right before his speech. How are they thugs, rioters, and looters?

You know how.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #695 on: June 01, 2020, 08:04:10 PM »

What I will say is that anarchy is not a self sustaining system, and that's what the left has become. While it'd be great to see police reform come out of this that fixes our racial problems, history suggests a Bismarckian solution. You use the Iron Fist to obliterate the symptoms of the problem so that the rest of society can go on. Weakness attracts hoodlums. The smell of weakness is picked up by hoodlums. That's a fact.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #696 on: June 01, 2020, 08:06:08 PM »

If it weren’t for Covid-19 and Trump’s climate change denialism, I would probably be considering supporting Trump.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #697 on: June 01, 2020, 08:08:25 PM »

Anderson Cooper spitting fire:

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #698 on: June 01, 2020, 08:10:37 PM »

new_patomic

« Reply #699 on: June 01, 2020, 08:12:23 PM »

Nickelodeon of all networks had ~9 minutes of silence with the words 'I can't breathe' on the screen for Floyd's death. People can make jokes about #wokecapitalism and the like but clearly public opinion is shifting, or else a bunch of these brands decided to play fast and loose with their marketing.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 60  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies