Senator YE (D-NV) vs. Penn Quaker Girl (R-TX)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:13:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Senator YE (D-NV) vs. Penn Quaker Girl (R-TX)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for? Who would win?
I'd vote for Senator YE and I also think Senator YE would win

I'd vote for Senator YE but I think Penn Quaker Girl would win

I'd vote for Penn Quaker Girl and I also think Penn Quaker Girl would win

I'd vote for Penn Quaker Girl but I think Senator YE would win

Other stance

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Senator YE (D-NV) vs. Penn Quaker Girl (R-TX)  (Read 2079 times)
538Electoral

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 27, 2020, 11:05:52 PM »

So, With Penn Quaker Girl holding a steady lead in Laki's GOP primary thread and Senator YE leading big in my own Dem primary thread, I think it's time to pit these two together in a matchup. Who would you vote for and who do you think would win in a primary matchup?

I'd probably be slightly more tilted to vote for PQG but I'd likely vote third-party if there was a good option there instead. I'd think an election between the two would be a toss-up.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 11:09:25 PM »

I actually NEVER see Penn Quaker talk policy. All I know is that she's a RINO blue avatsr that trusts scientists, doesn't trust Trump and doesn't hate brown people. That's literally all I know. I'm voting YE for that reason. Penn would win for sure though.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 11:09:58 PM »

PQG/PQG
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 11:21:41 PM »

YE/PQG
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 01:10:59 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 06:15:17 PM »

I'd vote for YE, but I would be able to tolerate a Penn Quaker Girl Presidency. She is probably the best Republican who could ever possibly be elected these days and that's exactly why I think YE would win. She is too sane to get the kind of Republican base turnout she needs.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 06:47:59 PM »

The guy that lives in North Dallas Wasteland part-time, part-time in Lost Wages vs. the chick that comes from L.A. + LA's baby raised by wolves?

Tough call, but YE's a decent Mod so him I guess.

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 11:40:44 AM »

I like both of them a lot.
I would vote YE for stronger agreements on fiscal policy, although I would be more than happy if PQG was elected over what we have now.
I’m not sure who would win.
Conventional wisdom would suggest PQG since she is more moderate, but base turnout means a lot and I have skepticism PQG would motivate Trumpists to vote. I could even see some Trumpists voting YE just to spite their party for choosing a moderate.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 12:52:35 PM »

Being brown helps with not hating brown, King TC. 

And how am I the only person who went PQG/YE?

His campaign slogans write themselves:

"YEs, We Can!"

Or "YEet" for the youngsters. 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 01:10:11 PM »

And how am I the only person who went PQG/YE?

"YEs, We Can!"

Charlie Baker would beat Jeff Merkley in an election and so you would also beat YE
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 05:03:41 PM »

I only mentioned it because you are a Republican, and apparently in America, "do you hate brown people or not" is a legitimate policy position you can use to differentiate what type of Republican somebody is.

"YEs, We Can!"

"YEET 2020" has a good ring to it.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2020, 05:30:42 PM »

YE/YE
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2020, 10:30:56 PM »

YE all the way!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2020, 10:33:31 PM »

In all honesty, I would leave my presidential ballot blank in this scenario there's just the positives and negatives of each candidate balancing out. I don't know either one of them well enough for their policies, but YE and PQG are both fine people.
538Electoral

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2020, 04:39:07 AM »

Locked voting.

and most Atlasians would vote for YE over PQG which does make sense as Atlas leans heavily Democratic despite PQG identifying as a more moderate never-Trumper Republican.

However, a slim majority of Atlasians do believe PQG would win in a matchup between her and YE.

442-96

Essentially what I think a 21 point Democratic victory nationwide would look like. I also gave YE the benefit of the doubt in UT as he neighbors UT to the west.

Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2020, 04:46:32 AM »

Penn probably. Don't know enough about YE yet.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2020, 05:14:11 PM »

I would get a fake ID and fake mustache just so I could commit voter fraud and vote for each of them once.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2020, 03:17:10 PM »

I'm undecided, but this map looks more like 2000/2004 than 2016

I'd guess PQG gets a narrow victory by winning VA, CO, NV, and NH from the 2016 map, while YE only flips IA. The tipping point state is OH, which PQG wins by around a few thousand votes, attributed to her surprisingly strong showing in Hamilton County, winning it by around 7 points, YE does okay in the Appalachian part of the state, but struggles in places like Trumbull County, which makes it hard for him to win the state following his underperformance in the suburban parts of the state, such as Hamilton and Delaware counties. Both of these candidates align to coalitions of the early 2000's in both parties, and thus they'd win a significant amount of ancestral voters, who simply wouldn't vote for anyone else from their party.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2020, 01:02:41 PM »

I'd guess PQG gets a narrow victory by winning VA, CO, NV, and NH from the 2016 map, while YE only flips IA. The tipping point state is OH, which PQG wins by around a few thousand votes, attributed to her surprisingly strong showing in Hamilton County, winning it by around 7 points, YE does okay in the Appalachian part of the state, but struggles in places like Trumbull County, which makes it hard for him to win the state following his underperformance in the suburban parts of the state, such as Hamilton and Delaware counties. Both of these candidates align to coalitions of the early 2000's in both parties, and thus they'd win a significant amount of ancestral voters, who simply wouldn't vote for anyone else from their party.

I'd be surprised if I won NH. 
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2020, 01:06:18 PM »

YE would not lose NV.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2020, 06:42:27 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2020, 06:48:04 AM by Chips »

Penn Quaker-Girl/Another moderate Republican: 316 electoral votes and 52% of the popular vote
Senator YE/Another moderate Democrat: 222 electoral votes and 47% of the popular vote

Closest states: CO, WI, MI

From the 2016 map: YE barely flips MI while PQG flips CO, VA and NH. YE narrowly holds onto Nevada as it is where he hails from though PQG also puts up a strong fight in NV and holds YE to about a 2% margin there. I gave WI to PQG because....why not? and PA to PQG as she has roots in the region. This is why I also give NH, ME-02 and VA to PQG. CO goes to PQG as she does better than Trump in the suburbs. Another reason why she narrowly wins VA.

PQG is elected as the 46th president of the United States by a decisive margin in both the electoral college and popular vote.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2020, 06:18:43 AM »

Penn Quaker-Girl/Another moderate Republican: 316 electoral votes and 52% of the popular vote
Senator YE/Another moderate Democrat: 222 electoral votes and 47% of the popular vote

From the 2016 map: YE barely flips MI while PQG flips CO, VA and NH. YE narrowly holds onto Nevada as it is where he hails from though PQG also puts up a strong fight in NV and holds YE to about a 2% margin there. I gave WI to PQG because....why not? and PA to PQG as she has roots in the region. This is why I also give NH, ME-02 and VA to PQG. CO goes to PQG as she does better than Trump in the suburbs. Another reason why she narrowly wins VA.

PQG is elected as the 46th president of the United States by a decisive margin in both the electoral college and popular vote.

Gah, I'm still not seeing where this "PQG would flip NH" thing is coming from. 
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2020, 09:36:07 AM »

Gah, I'm still not seeing where this "PQG would flip NH" thing is coming from. 

You're probably a moderate enough Republican to win it and you do have roots in PA which is kinda close to NH.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2020, 11:19:25 PM »

Why would I struggle in WI or PA? WOW outvoting the Driftless and tanking in the Philly suburbs outvoting NE PA or Appalachia?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2020, 04:58:45 AM »

Why would I struggle in WI or PA? WOW outvoting the Driftless and tanking in the Philly suburbs outvoting NE PA or Appalachia?

I'd think you would be a good fit for the Philly suburbs. 
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies