BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:05:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14
Author Topic: BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump?  (Read 20723 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2020, 02:50:55 PM »

I'm sure this will play well.

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #301 on: June 01, 2020, 06:19:11 PM »

Welp I really thought this was in fact going to help Trump because the riots look bad.  But of course, I forgot to realize that Trump would find a way to look worse than the rioters with his smug, awful behavior today.  Net wash.  Trump back on track to losing bigly. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #302 on: June 01, 2020, 08:39:56 PM »

AA whom are putting on these riots dont know the difference between AA being stopped in a fancy car, teenagers with Grang affiliation is and AA being discriminated against in employment and schools.

There is still racism in society, Aubrey and Trayvon cases were much more racially sensitive than Floyd and there were peaceful protests.

They need to stop this
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #303 on: June 01, 2020, 09:11:24 PM »

Oh man, this didn't age well.

I don't blame OP, I also thought at first that the riots would help Trump in Minnesota greatly. But public opinion seems firmly on the side of the protesters, and Trump has not helped himself, calling for a violent crackdown and then hiding in a bunker. He wants to be a wartime leader, but his crisis management is absolutely god-awful and will most likely turn out moderates and non-voters against him.

I mean, it's only June. Who knows where we'll be by November. But as it stands right now, the ongoing situation is NOT helping Trump at all.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2020, 09:23:55 PM »

I don't blame OP, I also thought at first that the riots would help Trump in Minnesota greatly. But public opinion seems firmly on the side of the protesters, and Trump has not helped himself, calling for a violent crackdown and then hiding in a bunker. He wants to be a wartime leader, but his crisis management is absolutely god-awful and will most likely turn out moderates and non-voters against him.

I mean, it's only June. Who knows where we'll be by November. But as it stands right now, the ongoing situation is NOT helping Trump at all.

Yeah pretty much agree with you here.  At first this concerned me, like there would be a suburban backlash, but then Trump spoke and I remembered how Trump has been racial demagoguing for 4 years now and thought to myself... no actually suburban voters will think that Trump's rhetoric is to blame for this to begin with.

This video sums it up well:

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1267230766196355073
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2020, 11:13:32 PM »

Hot take: Minnesota is 2/3 Washington State, 1/3 North Dakota.

BLM might hurt Biden in the North Dakota part of Minnesota, but that's not where he's gonna get his support anyway.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2020, 11:25:56 PM »

Yeah pretty much agree with you here.  At first this concerned me, like there would be a suburban backlash, but then Trump spoke and I remembered how Trump has been racial demagoguing for 4 years now and thought to myself... no actually suburban voters will think that Trump's rhetoric is to blame for this to begin with.

This video sums it up well:

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1267230766196355073

On a visceral level, I hate that they used the George Floyd video that way. I understand the rhetorical impact, and I agree with the message 100%, but that's a snuff film. OTOH, the nation needs to see that this happened. It needs to come to terms with what's going on. I'm torn.

I just hope they asked the family of George Floyd first.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2020, 11:31:24 PM »

I never thought these protests would help Trump. When they become riots and incumbents act poorly they reflect badly on the incumbent.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2020, 11:35:44 PM »

Welp I really thought this was in fact going to help Trump because the riots look bad.  But of course, I forgot to realize that Trump would find a way to look worse than the rioters with his smug, awful behavior today.  Net wash.  Trump back on track to losing bigly. 
Gotta wait for the polls Wed Thurs dude. You seriously were all over the dems yesteday now you're back to Trump hate?
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #309 on: June 01, 2020, 11:36:25 PM »

I never thought these protests would help Trump. When they become riots and incumbents act poorly they reflect badly on the incumbent.
So Trump is to blame for riots? Wow
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #310 on: June 01, 2020, 11:38:04 PM »

Its not his fault, but he hasn’t made things better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #311 on: June 01, 2020, 11:39:25 PM »

Trump is to blame for rather than taking charge and trying to unify and heal the nation instead hiding in his bunker and throwing tantrums on Twitter blaming other people.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #312 on: June 01, 2020, 11:46:38 PM »

Trump is to blame for rather than taking charge and trying to unify and heal the nation instead hiding in his bunker and throwing tantrums on Twitter blaming other people.
If dems biggest critique of Trump is tweets they're in deep crap
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2020, 11:55:23 PM »

If Trump's biggest action in response to this is to tweet than he's in deep crap.

The issue is not that Trump's tweets are stupid, it's that he's completely neglecting his duty and focusing on that and still being pissy about Twitter modding him than doing his job. He's cowardly hiding in his bunker and blaming everything on Governors and mayors.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #314 on: June 02, 2020, 06:02:59 AM »

This take was already bad. And then Trump tear gassed peaceful protesters bc he wanted a photo op. So.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #315 on: June 02, 2020, 06:12:42 AM »

They aren't BLM riots.  Don't call them that.

BLM isn't the ones doing the riots.  Anarchists, communists, Antifa, anti-capitalist idiots, that's who's doing the riots.  They are stealing BLM's moment.

roxas11
United States

« Reply #316 on: June 02, 2020, 07:49:33 AM »

Trump himself blamed Obama for the 2014 riots

SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #317 on: June 02, 2020, 08:30:59 AM »

Says the guy who's candidate is down 6-8 points
According to the polls which have been notoriously wrong. Also it's only June 2nd.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #318 on: June 02, 2020, 08:36:44 AM »

According to the polls which have been notoriously wrong. Also it's only June 2nd.

It's worth pointing out that the 2016 national polls had Clinton up by 3.3 points, and she won the NPV by 2.1 points. The narrative that pollsters don't know what they're doing and are "notoriously wrong" is not supported by the numbers.

What the polls missed was the shift towards Trump in the last two weeks in PA, MI, and WI, which probably would have been reflected in the polls had the campaign gone on longer.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #319 on: June 02, 2020, 09:50:13 AM »

It's worth pointing out that the 2016 national polls had Clinton up by 3.3 points, and she won the NPV by 2.1 points. The narrative that pollsters don't know what they're doing and are "notoriously wrong" is not supported by the numbers.

What the polls missed was the shift towards Trump in the last two weeks in PA, MI, and WI, which probably would have been reflected in the polls had the campaign gone on longer.
They got it wrong in the swing states period and the national polls were also too much toward Clinton.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #320 on: June 02, 2020, 10:36:38 AM »

They got it wrong in the swing states period and the national polls were also too much toward Clinton.

The polls got it wrong, but it wasn't a historically bad performance and they were hampered by understandable failure to capture a late swing to Trump thanks to the Comey Letter. If the Comey Letter came out in this cycle in October, the more polarised political climate would work against any attempt to push Democratic-leaning voters into the Republican column and the legitimacy of such a leak would be questioned far more frequently than it was in 2016 thanks to a deepening of distrust in institutions.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #321 on: June 02, 2020, 10:37:54 AM »

There is one odd way in which the protests might deliver MN to Trump even if they're actually a net negative for him here (as they're shaping up to be). If they encourage previously foolish Republican strategists to invest here, even if that happens for completely the wrong reasons, they'll see dividends in a state they've consistently underrated.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #322 on: June 02, 2020, 10:40:50 AM »

"...and the national polls were also too much toward Clinton."

I repeat, are you stupid, ignorant, or both?  I'm thinking both.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #323 on: June 02, 2020, 11:11:08 AM »

LOL

TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #324 on: June 02, 2020, 11:12:12 AM »

LOL

As usual, subsample health warnings apply.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies