BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:52:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Author Topic: BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump?  (Read 21100 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2020, 09:55:15 PM »

Nobody is basing their November decision on this, no matter how much right-wingers want it to be true.

Yeah I do agree no large group will actually base their decisions on it but people probably aren't as sympathetic anymore once you just show those clips

I'll agree but add most people that are basing their decision to vote for Trump on this probably weren't going to vote for Biden in the first place--if anything it'll be used to turn out cons who might've stayed home.

I guess I'll rephrase, nobody at all is going to even remember this come November, except people directly impacted by the events.

I'm fairly certain Trump will saturate the airwaves as it'll get some people's attention off of his mishandling of the pandemic.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2020, 09:56:42 PM »

Nobody is basing their November decision on this, no matter how much right-wingers want it to be true.

Yeah I do agree no large group will actually base their decisions on it but people probably aren't as sympathetic anymore once you just show those clips

I'll agree but add most people that are basing their decision to vote for Trump on this probably weren't going to vote for Biden in the first place--if anything it'll be used to turn out cons who might've stayed home.

I guess I'll rephrase, nobody at all is going to even remember this come November, except people directly impacted by the events.

I'm fairly certain Trump will saturate the airwaves as it'll get some people's attention off of his mishandling of the pandemic.

100k+ dead with 20% unemployment, and Trump is spending his time talking about protests where everyone agrees the cop cold-blooded murdered the guy.

Yeah, I'm sure that'll work out swimmingly.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2020, 09:57:29 PM »

Nah, I think that even white people are starting to get fed up with the cops getting off scot-free every time they kill a person, which is a privilege that most people, including those who are law-abiding gun owners defending themselves and their families, do not have.  I can personally attest to the fact that police brutality affects white people as well.  People are sick of being bullied and murdered by jackboots and would rather police themselves.

White privilege does not exist. In reality outside of your urban bubble, whites reject the term.
This post in of itself is white privilege. 
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2020, 10:11:12 PM »

Greatest part of this post is the 2 blue avatars who reco'd OP and the horde of 82 (currently) red and green avatars who recommended dingojoe's reply
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2020, 10:33:42 PM »

Greatest part of this post is the 2 blue avatars who reco'd OP and the horde of 82 (currently) red and green avatars who recommended dingojoe's reply

That's the worst part of this thread, in my view. It saddens me that people are going to brigade in force upon a new poster, establishing from the beginning that they shall be as an outcast on this forum. And for what? A electoral question?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2020, 11:45:58 PM »

Minnesota is trending Republican, but this isn't going to shift the needle.

Everyone made up their minds about police violence five years ago.
Phenix621
Rookie
United States

« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2020, 11:48:54 PM »

Not only will it give Trump Minnesota, it will hand him Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania as well. Seeing the church of target being looted is going to put the fear in suburban white moms who will now vote for law and order. I’m not saying the anger black communities feel isn’t justified nor warranted, but America is still a very guarded country when it comes to perceptions of race relations.

The reason why Trump won in 2016 is that he successfully used fear about hordes of POC flowing over borders and the threat of burning down cities as a war upon the “American” way of life that huge swaths of the population see the world through.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2020, 11:53:05 PM »

I think it will be part of the reason why Trump eeks out MN
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2020, 11:53:52 PM »

No, not at all.  But these riots are outrageous and the police need to step in at some point.  We are witnessing large scale criminal activity on tv as we speak.

It's immature for the liberal news agencies to act as if this is no big deal.  It's also a bit hypocritical as MSNBC and CNN were freaking out about Liberate protestors not social distancing.  None of the outlets have focused much on the criminal rioters failing to social distance.  That is the kind of hypocrisy that could damage the Democratic brand in 2020.

That said, I still hate Trump and a lot of people do too so this is probably a nothing burger for 2020.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2020, 12:58:18 AM »

100k+ dead with 20% unemployment, and Trump is spending his time talking about protests where everyone agrees the cop cold-blooded murdered the guy.

Yeah, I'm sure that'll work out swimmingly.

I'm not saying it'll work--just that he'll make sure people haven't forgotten by election day.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2020, 01:07:30 AM »

The people most directly impacted by this are people of color.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2020, 03:04:57 AM »

Atlas mod team taking over Twitter !

roxas11
United States

« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2020, 03:32:20 AM »

Not only will it give Trump Minnesota, it will hand him Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania as well. Seeing the church of target being looted is going to put the fear in suburban white moms who will now vote for law and order. I’m not saying the anger black communities feel isn’t justified nor warranted, but America is still a very guarded country when it comes to perceptions of race relations.

The reason why Trump won in 2016 is that he successfully used fear about hordes of POC flowing over borders and the threat of burning down cities as a war upon the “American” way of life that huge swaths of the population see the world through.

wrong

He really won because voters who hated both him and Hillary broke for him At the end
Langley because Hillary never fully recovered from the FBI suddenly announcing that she was still under investigations days before the election.

Secondly there is big difference between candidate trump Attacking A black President for the racial tensions in the county vs Trump now actually being the president this time around.

I do not believe for 1 second that a sitting president Dem or Republican benefits when something like this goes down while they are in office. having chaos even if its racial chaos does not help trump at all. if anything it simply plays into Biden theme about returning to normalcy and A wanting to move away from the chaotic Trump years
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2020, 04:16:19 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 04:22:27 AM by Ridin with Biden »

In that tweet Trump said "when the looting starts, the shooting starts"

YIKES! Just like with Charlottesville VA, Trump turned a leadership opportunity into an a sad attempt by a petulant man-child. He also threatened violence. This response is more disappointing than watching that police station go up in flames. Only Trump could turn a burned police station into a net loss.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2020, 06:20:32 AM »

In that tweet Trump said "when the looting starts, the shooting starts"

YIKES! Just like with Charlottesville VA, Trump turned a leadership opportunity into an a sad attempt by a petulant man-child. He also threatened violence. This response is more disappointing than watching that police station go up in flames. Only Trump could turn a burned police station into a net loss.

WTF

Is this some kind of joke
I hope this is wrong because if he actually said this
he is making things a lot worse

and to think there were actually people on here not too long ago actually saying that Trump could win over some black voters because of Biden breakfast club interview.

Well Biden comments ain't got nothing on "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" lol
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2020, 07:13:56 AM »

A CNN reporter (and his colleagues) has been arrested for MN protest coverage for doing their jobs:

Shame should be felt today by local police in MN, state police in MN (who appear to have done this), and the president for inciting violence against those protesting.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2020, 07:16:23 AM »

That’s pretty fascist on part of the MN police ...
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2020, 07:54:21 AM »

Nah, I think that even white people are starting to get fed up with the cops getting off scot-free every time they kill a person, which is a privilege that most people, including those who are law-abiding gun owners defending themselves and their families, do not have.  I can personally attest to the fact that police brutality affects white people as well.  People are sick of being bullied and murdered by jackboots and would rather police themselves.

White privilege does not exist. In reality outside of your urban bubble, whites reject the term.
This post in of itself is white privilege. 

White privilege does not exist.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2020, 08:47:18 AM »

You gotta imagine this makes it even less likely that the Republican convention is held in Charlotte.  The coronavirus is a valid reason for not holding a political convention this year.  Holding a political convention for a racist president in a city that is 35% black and majority non-white in the present environment on top of that is a recipe for disaster. 
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2020, 08:53:04 AM »

The reliable Trump voters on this board who are saying they think this will boost Trump's prospects are telling on themselves.

We hear you loud and clear, folks.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2020, 09:20:30 AM »

You're not American, so I wouldn't expect you to understand racism in America.

Wow, someone else who acknowledges people in major cities aren't real Americans! Happy to hear it!
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2020, 09:42:46 AM »

This would be a bigger risk to Sanders and that part of the left. Biden is smart enough to stay away from the worst of the worst and avoid mistakes regarding the violence. Yes he makes knucklehead comments but not the type that average people care about.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2020, 10:14:38 AM »

You gotta imagine this makes it even less likely that the Republican convention is held in Charlotte.  The coronavirus is a valid reason for not holding a political convention this year.  Holding a political convention for a racist president in a city that is 35% black and majority non-white in the present environment on top of that is a recipe for disaster.  
If they riot at the convention that would give Trump an even bigger boost. Trump was against the cop too, he wasn't on the wrong side of this.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2020, 11:15:30 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 11:44:55 AM by Progressive Pessimist »

Leave it to Trump to always find a way to be the worst person in a situation. He had a real opportunity here to actually have his cake and eat it too by being for "law and order" while simultaneously being sympathetic to the situation at hand and actually also coming across as the advocate for criminal justice reform that he keeps trying to be. He could have just said, or tweeted, something like:

"Last night's looting and rioting was unacceptable, but the circumstances that led to the anger we all saw shouldn't be dismissed either. As President I will do everything in my power to work to curb police abuses and reform our justice system, and I will have even more opportunities to do so if re-elected."

That's all he had to do. It's honestly probably the most rational reaction possible by anyone. But no! He is incapable of rationality and he cannot help himself not to have these knee-jerk reactions that make everything worse and completely miss the point of why the rioting happened in the first place. This is ine of those specific circumstances where Michelle Obama's "they go low, we go high" philosophy is still apt. Oh wait, is it all just 4D chess for him to have future riots help him politically? That's even worse! The first instinct of anyone should never be to take advantage of a community in anguish and try to exploit that for political gain. Good luck winning Minnesota now, and good luck stopping black voters from also taking their anger out on him electorally. What a piece of s*** our President is!
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2020, 11:33:44 AM »

You gotta imagine this makes it even less likely that the Republican convention is held in Charlotte.  The coronavirus is a valid reason for not holding a political convention this year.  Holding a political convention for a racist president in a city that is 35% black and majority non-white in the present environment on top of that is a recipe for disaster.  
If they riot at the convention that would give Trump an even bigger boost. Trump was against the cop too, he wasn't on the wrong side of this.

You are aware that Trump has been on the wrong side of racial issues for his entire life, right?  He's a racist.  That's the truth.  Holding a convention for a racist in a city that is majority non-white during thse times is a recipe for disaster.  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies