SC-Civiqs: TIE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:06:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  SC-Civiqs: TIE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC-Civiqs: TIE  (Read 2707 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: May 27, 2020, 11:30:18 AM »

This race remains Likely Republican, but this result is nevertheless a horrific one for Graham. His disapproval rating is particularly astonishing, but as I've said before, he has never been that popular in South Carolina. I think Graham will underperform Trump, and that Harrison stands a very good chance of coming within single digits. A Graham victory of around 7-9%, similar to McMaster's 2018 gubernatorial victory, would not surprise me at all.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 10:09:21 AM »

Likely R. Good poll, but Graham will expand his lead in the autumn. All we can do, is hope and turn out and vote Trump and the Republicans away.

Dont you realize, that we aren't in an average election yr where the economy is at 25% unemployment, not 3.5 percent.  If Tim Scott can win, so can Harrison

In the words of Tip O'Neill, "All politics is local."

Unemployment in South Carolina is only 12.5% as of May, not 20%, and it has most impacted people who wouldn't have voted for Graham or a Republican anyway. Harrison will do better than Hutto did six years ago. He might even be able to hold Graham to a mere plurality in the general.

However, back in 2014, Graham never had a majority, just pluralities in the polls and he ended up winning 54-39, so there's every reason to expect the undecideds will break his way again, just probably not as strongly as in elections past.

Do you think it is probable that Harrison comes within single digits? I could see this race having a very similar outcome to the 2018 gubernatorial election, when McMaster beat Smith 54-46%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies