Commonwealth of Frémont • 16th Parliament (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:41:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Commonwealth of Frémont • 16th Parliament (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Commonwealth of Frémont • 16th Parliament  (Read 1057 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: May 26, 2020, 11:17:01 AM »

PARLIAMENT
OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF FRÉMONT

(1)

Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! This house will now come to order!

I welcome our members to this, the sixteenth convention of the parliament of Frémont under the constitution of the commonwealth. May only wise and honest men ever rule under this roof!

Citizens and members may use this thread to introduce legislation, motions, and resolutions for the consideration of the house. I invite our new members to take the oath of office at their earliest convenience that we may proceed with the election of a speaker. In the meantime, as president of parliament, I will adjudicate in our proceedings.

Gloria Frémontis!

Harry S Truman, first minister

(1) Wikimedia Commons.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 11:19:31 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2020, 07:13:28 AM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

MEMBERS OF THE SIXTEENTH FRÉMONT PARLIAMENT

Harry S Truman (Fianna Frémont—Labor, North Dakota), first minister
Australian Swing Voter (Meadowlark—Unaffiliated, Washington)
Oregon Blue Dog (Sinn Frémont—Labor, Oregon)
Ted Bessell (Fine Gayle—Labor, California)
Tirnam (Fianna Frémont—Labor, California)
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 06:55:35 AM »

A vote is now open.

SIXTEENTH FRÉMONT PARLIAMENT
TWENTIETH ELECTION FOR THE SPEAKERSHIP

[     ] The Honorable Australian Swing Voter, MFP from Washington
[     ] The Honorable Oregon Blue Dog, MFP from Oregon

Voting will continue 48 hours or until a majority is reached.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 07:05:47 AM »

[1] OBD
[2] ASV
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 12:07:26 PM »

I declare Oregon Blue Dog to have been duly elected speaker. Congratulations, good sir!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 11:32:29 PM »

AN ACT
to establish uniform standards for educational licensing

Section 1 (Title & definition)
i. The title of this act shall be, the "Educational Licensing Reform Act." It may be cited as "ELRA."
ii. As they appear in this legislation, "elementary" refers to grades fifth and below, "middle" refers to grades sixth through eighth inclusive, and "high" refers to grades ninth through twelfth inclusive.

Section 2 (Educational licensing)
i. The Ministry of Education shall license applicants to teach in Frémont public schools, according to the provisions set forth herein.
ii. Licenses shall be issued upon successful completion of the licensure exam and a criminal background check, and reissued upon satisfactory completion of a performance review every third year for the first fifteen years of their licensure, and every fifth year thereafter.
iii. Five classes of licenses shall be issued.
(a) The first three classes shall authorize the bearer to teach respectively, elementary, middle, and high school grades.
(b) The fourth class shall authorize the bearer to work in special education.
(c) The fifth class shall authorize the bearer to work as a substitute teacher.

Section 3 (Prerequisites)
i. The following shall be prerequisite to sit the licensure exam.
(a) For applicants to the first class, a bachelor's degree or higher in elementary education, OR three years' relevant work experience in elementary education or a similar field.
(b) For applicants to the second and third classes, a bachelor's degree or higher, OR three years' relevant work experience in the subject for which the applicant has requested licensure.
(c) For applicants to the fourth class, a bachelor's degree or higher in special education, OR five years' relevant work experience working with mentally disabled individuals.
(d) For applicants to the fifth class, sixty credit hours towards a bachelor's degree, OR three years' relevant work experience in an educational setting.

Section 3 (Licensure exam)
i. A special committee of the Ministry of Education shall be responsible for revising the licensure exam.
ii. The committee shall be composed of five licensed educators currently or within the last three years employed to teach at a public school in Frémont, nominated by the governors of the several states and appointed by the first minister of Frémont.
iii. No applicant shall be licensed, who did not score 88% or higher on the licensure exam. No applicant may sit the exam for a particular class more than once in an academic year, nor more than thrice in a five-year period.

Section 4 (Implementation)
i. This legislation shall take effect with the 2021–22 academic year.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 11:59:50 PM »

AN ACT
to censor censorship

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Free Minds Act."

Section 2 (Ban on bans)
i. No state or territory, municipality, school board, or other authority may ban any title or other work, in whole or in part, from any school or public library.
ii. No teacher may be dismissed or otherwise disciplined for teaching or assigning readings from a particular work, including films and other visual media.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 12:02:02 AM »
« Edited: June 06, 2020, 12:18:07 AM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

AN ACT
to censor and condemn cruelty to animals

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be, the Animal Lives Matter Act. It may be cited as “ALM.”

Section 2 (Moratorium on euthanasia)
i. No animal hospital or shelter may administer euthanasia to animals, except in cases where the animal is suffering from a painful injury or condition for which there is no realistic alternative treatment.
ii. The penalty for violation of this act shall be, for a first or second offense, $5,000 in fines and the suspension of the offenders' license(s) to practice veterinary medicine; and the closure of the hospital or shelter and the revocation of the offenders' license(s) after the third illegal euthanasia.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2020, 12:03:08 AM »

AN ACT
to end unwarranted police surveillance

Section 1 (Title & definitions)
i. The title of this act shall be, the “Ban Big Brother Act.” It may be cited as “BBB.”
ii. As it appears in this legislation, “traffic camera” shall refer to any video recording device posted by a state or municipal authority to monitor traffic.

Section 2 (Ban on traffic cameras)
i. Footage obtained from a traffic camera shall not be used to charge any person with a traffic violation or other misdemeanor.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 12:07:56 AM »

AN ACT
to protect freedom of movement

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be, the "No Curfews Act."

Section 2 (Repeal of state and local curfews)
i. No state, municipality, or other jurisdiction shall make or enforce any law, rule, or regulation establishing an hour after which citizens may not be out of their houses, nor authorizing the arrest of any individual for being out of their home during a certain time where there is no reasonable suspicion they have committed a crime.
ii. All such existing laws, rules, and regulations are hereby repealed.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 07:43:31 PM »

AN ACT
to recommit to the right to counsel

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be, the “Hugo Black Assistance of Counsel Act of 2020.” It may be cited as the “Black Act,” as the “Assistance of Counsel Act of 2020,” or as “BACA.”

Section 3 (Structural reforms to the COPD)
i. To account for the admission of Atlasian Samoa, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands, the Commonwealth Office of Public Defenders (COPD) is expanded to oversee the jurisdictions of Atlasian Samoa, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands.

Section 2 (Case caps)
i. Caseloads for public defenders shall not exceed 300 misdemeanors nor 100 felony cases annually, with felonies counting as two misdemeanors in mixed case loads.
ii. The COPD shall hire a number of public defenders sufficient to service all cases assigned to it in accordance with the provisions of §2(i) of this act.

Section 3 (Implementation)
i. The COPD shall aim to complete hiring no later than 31 December 2020.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2020, 05:08:17 PM »

A RESOLUTION
to renew our revolutionary heritage

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be, the "Spirit of '76 Resolution."

Section 2 (Preamble)
i. WHEREAS, on the fourth day of July 1776, a declaration was adopted by the Second Continental Congress including, among other things, the following, to wit:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.—That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, —That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
ii. WHEREAS, at the time of its ratification, and by every age and generation since, this sentiment was understood to be wholly inimical to the institution of slavery;
iii. WHEREAS, the author of the declaration arranged the original draft of that document to condemn that institution in terms powerful and explicit; but
iv. WHEREAS, by the intrigue of certain delegates representative of the Southern Slave Power, these expressions were removed;
v. WHEREAS, this original contradiction, between the stated principles and subversive acts of the state, is the source of the struggle for human liberty which has continued twelve score and four years;

Section 3 (Resolves)
i. WE, THEREFORE, the representatives of the commonwealth of Frémont, in parliament assembled, do solemnly publish and declare, that the following deleted passage of the Declaration of American Independence be ratified by these states, from this date retroactively.
He has waged cruel war against human nature itself, violating its most sacred rights of life and liberty in the persons of a distant people who never offended him, captivating & carrying them into slavery in another hemisphere or to incur miserable death in their transportation thither.  This piratical warfare, the opprobrium of infidel powers, is the warfare of the Christian King of Great Britain. Determined to keep open a market where Men should be bought & sold, he has prostituted his negative for suppressing every legislative attempt to prohibit or restrain this execrable commerce.  And that this assemblage of horrors might want no fact of distinguished die, he is now exciting those very people to rise in arms among us, and to purchase that liberty of which he has deprived them, by murdering the people on whom he has obtruded them: thus paying off former crimes committed again the Liberties of one people, with crimes which he urges them to commit against the lives of another.
ii. And wherefore may we achieve a more enlightened understanding of our history, and a general appreciation for the principles upon which the republican experiment is —and is not —maintained, without reference to modern revisionism which seeks to refute the moral sensibilities of the founding generation, in order to excuse their own disregard for the rights of their fellow citizens, we further urge that these resolves be published alongside the Declaration in commemoration of the anniversary of American independence, with note of their authorship and deletion.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2020, 09:34:25 PM »

COMMONWEALTH BUDGET
for the fiscal year of 2021

I. REVENUES

☞ Income Tax: $141,458,440,106
$0K – $125K (0%): $0
$125 – $200K (5%): $4,544,572,163
$200K – $1M (15%): $51,494,832,936
$1M – $10M (30%): $45,459,789,567
$10M – $100M (45%): $30,242,234,007
$100M+ (60%): $9,717,011,433

☞ Corporate Taxes: $222,721,286,871
$0 – 100K (0%): $0
$100K – 1M (20%): $1,052,287,645
$1M – 10M (40%): $7,087,226,512
$10M+ (60%): $214,581,772,714

☞ Excise Taxes: $30,457,309,589
Alcohol (15%): $13,087,791,871
Gas & Diesel ($0.30/gallon): $14,653,207,484
Tobacco (15%): $2,716,310,234

☞ Misc. Taxes and Penalties: $64,747,757,223
Fremont Carbon Taxation Act: $31,011,738,620
Green Vehicle Promotion Act § 2(ii): $3,602,574,479
Royalties Act:
Coal: $2,877,687,513
Gas: $1,500,722,750
Oil: $11,355,570,000
Gaming Tax: $5,100,495,700
Estate Tax (50%): $5,852,884,365
Drug Tax: $3,446,083,796
Lodging Facility Sales and Use Tax: $5,091,240,579.71

☞ FY2020 Surplus: 18,159,573,897

II. EXPENDITURES

☞ Tax Credits: $1,660,474,443
Green Vehicle Promotion Act §2(i): $1,236,935,443
Teacher's Tax Credit: $423,539,000

☞ Mandatory Spending: $206,060,590,457 (List A)

☞ Discretionary Spending: $415,502,000,000
Education: $195,282,000,000
Health and Human Services: $130,676,000,000
Justice: $36,491,000,000
Home Office: $53,053,000,000

TOTAL REVENUES:
TOTAL EXPENDITURES:
TOTAL SURPLUS:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies