Commonwealth of Frémont • 16th Parliament
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:57:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Commonwealth of Frémont • 16th Parliament
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Commonwealth of Frémont • 16th Parliament  (Read 1034 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2020, 11:17:01 AM »

PARLIAMENT
OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF FRÉMONT

(1)

Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! This house will now come to order!

I welcome our members to this, the sixteenth convention of the parliament of Frémont under the constitution of the commonwealth. May only wise and honest men ever rule under this roof!

Citizens and members may use this thread to introduce legislation, motions, and resolutions for the consideration of the house. I invite our new members to take the oath of office at their earliest convenience that we may proceed with the election of a speaker. In the meantime, as president of parliament, I will adjudicate in our proceedings.

Gloria Frémontis!

Harry S Truman, first minister

(1) Wikimedia Commons.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 11:19:31 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2020, 07:13:28 AM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

MEMBERS OF THE SIXTEENTH FRÉMONT PARLIAMENT

Harry S Truman (Fianna Frémont—Labor, North Dakota), first minister
Australian Swing Voter (Meadowlark—Unaffiliated, Washington)
Oregon Blue Dog (Sinn Frémont—Labor, Oregon)
Ted Bessell (Fine Gayle—Labor, California)
Tirnam (Fianna Frémont—Labor, California)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 11:28:15 AM »

Nominating myself for Speaker, once more.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 12:15:51 PM »

Seconded
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 05:53:34 PM »

Nominating myself for Speaker.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 10:51:47 PM »

Posting for once the Speakership vote is over.

Frémont Fair Districts Act of 2020

AN ACT to strengthen democracy throughout the Commonwealth.

Section I (Title)
i. The long title of this act shall be, the "Frémont Fair Districts Act of 2020." It may be cited as the "FFDA."

Section II (Commission System Reform)
i. §4(ii-iii) of the Constituency Democratization Act are amended to read as follows:

ii. In the case of the former, the commission shall be composed of two representatives of every party which shall have received at least 10% of the vote in the last election for governor of that state,one representative appointed by the leader of each legislative chamber of that state, and one representative appointed by the leader of the largest minority party in each legislative chamber of that state, and led by an independent chair appointed by the first minister of Frémont, for a total of five representatives.
a. Each appointee to the commission must be confirmed by the aforementioned legislative body, receiving the approval of half or more of the legislators of each political party that counts as members two or more elected legislators within said body.

iii. In the case of the latter, the commission shall be composed of two representatives of every party which shall have received at least 10% of the vote in the last mayoral or county executive election in that jurisdiction,one representative appointed by the leader of the legislative body governing the municipality, and one representative appointed by the leader of the largest minority party in the aforementioned legislative body, and led by an independent chair appointed by the governor of the state, for a total of three representatives.
a. Each appointee to the commission must be confirmed by the aforementioned legislative body, receiving the approval of half or more of the body's legislators of each political party that counts as a member an elected legislator within the body.

Section III (Enactment)
i. This act shall take effect immediately after signature by the first minister.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 11:13:12 PM »

AN ACT
to combat climate change through energy investment and construction

Section I (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be the “Green Futures Act”.

Section II (Declaration of Intents)
i. The Commonwealth of Fremont hereby recognizes the deleterious threat posed by the phenomenon of climate change, and pledges to become carbon-neutral by the year 2050.

Section III (Phasing Out Fossil Fuels)
i. The Commonwealth of Fremont shall immediately cease providing subsidies to the fossil fuel industry.
ii. All offshore drilling within the Commonwealth of Fremont shall be banned. In addition, drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge shall immediately cease upon passage of this bill.
iii. A 5-year moratorium on fracking, beginning upon the passage of this bill, will be implemented in the Commonwealth of Fremont. After 5 years, an independent committee appointed by the Department of Energy will recommend if the moratorium should be lifted, or should become permanent. A two-thirds majority in this body will be required to lift the moratorium.
iv. The phasing out of petroleum drilling within the Commonwealth of Fremont shall occur gradually by December 31, 2028, and the phasing out of coal mining within the Commonwealth of Fremont shall occur gradually by December 31, 2025. After the specified dates, these procedures shall be banned.
v. Any company that ceases petroleum drilling by December 31, 2024 or coal mining by December 31, 2022 shall receive a 2% tax credit for the next fiscal year. Any company that completely ceases either operation by December 31, 2021 shall receive a 5% tax credit for Fiscal Year 2022.
vi. Production of ‘nitrous oxide’ engines within the Commonwealth of Fremont shall be immediately banned.
vii. Beginning on January 1, 2030, a 5% tax on all fossil fuel imports shall be introduced. This tax will be increased to 10% on January 1, 2040, then to 20% on January 1, 2045. All proceeds from this tax shall be used to fund renewable energy subsidies construction.
viii. A Fremont Commission on Emissions Caps shall be appointed immediately following the passage of this bill, and will be responsible for setting caps for carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide emissions, effective January 1, 2025. The cap shall be decreased by 4% every year.
ix. Any company exceeding the emissions cap will be charged an additional 1% in corporate tax for every percent that they are over the limit.
x. Any company in violation of a clause in this Section (excluding clauses viii-ix) will be fined no less than $25 million. Any company that violates a clause more than once, or is in violation of multiple clauses, will be fined no less than $35 million or 10% of their profits, per violation, from the fiscal year the violation occurred, whichever sum is greater.
xi. Corporations who reduce their carbon emissions by 20% from their 2020 levels by 2025, 50% by 2035, and/or 80% by 2045, shall receive a 3% tax credit for the two following fiscal years.

Section IV (Solar Loans Project)
i. The Commonwealth of Fremont shall install solar panels on all public buildings by 2025, where feasible.
ii. The Commonwealth of Fremont will offer zero-interest loans to individual households, apartments, and legally-recognized small businesses to cover the cost of solar panel installation where feasible, with priority being given to residents of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Atlasian Samoa, Hawai’i, California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, and Colorado, or those residing in regions with more average sunny days per annum.
iii. These loans will be paid back through the withholding of solar power reimbursement in monthly energy bills. The loan will be required to have been paid back in full 20 years after the loan was issued.
iv. All households that are legally considered below the poverty line, and have a yearly income of below $43,000, will only be required to pay back 80% of the loan.
v. Landlords and employers are forbidden from increasing rent for tenants or decreasing pay for employees due to financial considerations related to Fremont solar loans. Any landlords or employers in violation will be required to reimburse their tenants and/or employees, and will be additionally fined no less than $20,000.
vi. Individual citizens, landlords and small businesses will be eligible for loans once every 15 years.

Section V (Subsidies and Nuclear Power)
i. The Commonwealth of Fremont shall provide $40 million in subsidies to the solar power industry per year for the next 10 years, after which point the Parliament may decide to increase the subsidy, decrease it, or eliminate it.
ii. The Commonwealth of Fremont shall provide $50 million in subsidies to the wind power industry per year for the next 10 years, after which point the Parliament may decide to increase the subsidy, decrease it, or eliminate it.
iii. The Commonwealth of Fremont shall provide $35 million in subsidies to the hydroelectric industry per year for the next 10 years, after which point the Parliament may decide to increase the subsidy, decrease it, or eliminate it.
iv. The Commonwealth of Fremont shall provide $25 million in subsidies to miscellaneous renewable energy industries (including, but not limited to: geothermal power, tidal power, and biomass)  per year for the next 10 years, after which point the Parliament may decide to increase the subsidy, decrease it, or eliminate it.
v. The Commonwealth of Fremont shall provide $200 million in yearly subsidies to fund cutting-edge research collaborations between the Fremont Department of Energy, universities, and private companies, with the goal of both making existing green technology cheaper and creating new, affordable green technology. Targets of research shall include, but will not be limited to:
a. creating emission-free air conditioning and refrigeration solutions,
b. decarbonizing the agriculture industry,
c. creating more effective batteries and means of energy storage,
d. inventing carbon-capture methods to either store carbon in the ground or for use in new products,
e. creating new technology to make buildings net-zero emissions
f. decarbonizing goods production, and
g. reducing the cost of clean-energy motor vehicles.
vi. The Commonwealth of Fremont shall offer Clean Vehicle Rebates of up to $10,000, depending on engine size.
vii. These subsidies shall be effective upon the passage of the next Budget.
viii. A Fremont Commission on Nuclear Power shall be appointed immediately following the passage of this bill. The Commission will evaluate the feasibility of widespread nuclear construction in Fremont, and will determine the level of risk for contamination and potential gains in carbon-free energy output. The Commission will present a report to Parliament, detailing its findings, by January 1, 2025 at the latest.

Section VI (Renewable Energy Construction)
i. The Fremont Department of Energy shall investigate the possibility of upgrading current green energy installations, initiating green energy construction on federally-owned land, and converting existing energy plants to renewable energy, considering the following factors to determine the viability of proposed projects;
a. estimated reduction in carbon emissions
b. proximity to population centers
c. cost, and
d. environmental impact
ii. The Fremont Department of Energy will contract approved construction projects to private construction corporations, with set budget, quality standards and timeline. If the contracted builders exceed their budget by more than 10%, they will pay a fine equivalent to 115% of the amount by which they have exceeded their budget. If the contracted builders fail to meet quality standards or their timeline, as defined by the Department of Energy, they will be fined no less than 10% of their monetary compensation, and may be blacklisted from receiving federal building contracts depending on the severity of the violation.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 06:55:35 AM »

A vote is now open.

SIXTEENTH FRÉMONT PARLIAMENT
TWENTIETH ELECTION FOR THE SPEAKERSHIP

[     ] The Honorable Australian Swing Voter, MFP from Washington
[     ] The Honorable Oregon Blue Dog, MFP from Oregon

Voting will continue 48 hours or until a majority is reached.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 07:05:47 AM »

[1] OBD
[2] ASV
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 07:07:16 AM »

[ 1 ] The Honorable Australian Swing Voter, MFP from Washington
[ 2 ] The Honorable Oregon Blue Dog, MFP from Oregon
Tirnam
France

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 10:44:30 AM »

[  2  ] The Honorable Australian Swing Voter, MFP from Washington
[  1  ] The Honorable Oregon Blue Dog, MFP from Oregon
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 10:55:43 AM »

1. OBD
2. ASV
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 11:02:39 AM »

1. OBD
2. ASV
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 12:07:26 PM »

I declare Oregon Blue Dog to have been duly elected speaker. Congratulations, good sir!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 12:35:53 PM »

I declare Oregon Blue Dog to have been duly elected speaker. Congratulations, good sir!
Thank you!

The noticeboard and the first bills of this session will be up by tonight.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2020, 09:12:02 PM »

AN ACT
to combat economic blight and hunger within the Commonwealth

Section I. (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be the “Feed Frémonters Act”.

Section II. (Definitions)
i. As it is used in this legislation, "food bank" is defined as an organization providing stocks of food free of charge to people in need.

Section III. (Declaration of Intents)
i. The Commonwealth of Frémont hereby recognizes the economic peril facing many farmers throughout the Commonwealth.
ii. The Commonwealth notes that due to the ongoing recession, it is currently more cost-effective for some farmers to allow crops to rot in fields than to pay for their harvest and distribution to retailers.

Section IV. (Purchase, Donation, and Distribution of Produce)
i. Any farmer conducting business within the Commonwealth may apply to the Frémont Farm Relief Bureau (FFRB) to sell produce to the Commonwealth at cost.
ii. Any food bank or branch thereof operating within the Commonwealth may apply to the FFRB to receive produce purchased under §IV(i) of this Act free of charge.
iii. Any such food bank may also apply to the Frémont Ministry of Transportation to lease any vehicle in the Commonwealth Vehicle Fleet, free of charge, to transport produce donated by the Commonwealth.

Section V. (Funding)
i. All funds appropriated by the Fremont Farm Maintenance Act of 2018 (FFM Act) not yet allocated shall be reappropriated to finance purchases authorized under §IV(i) of this Act, and leases authorized under §IV(iii) of this Act.
ii. $500,000 of the aforementioned funding shall be appropriated within the FFRB for the purposes of creating a webpage to efficiently process applications for produce donations, and for the hiring of additional employees to help process such applications.

Section VI. (Enactment and Expiration)
i. This act shall take effect immediately after signature by the First Minister.
ii. This act shall expire once all funds appropriated by the FFM Act are exhausted, or at the end of Fiscal Year 2020, whichever comes first.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2020, 11:32:29 PM »

AN ACT
to establish uniform standards for educational licensing

Section 1 (Title & definition)
i. The title of this act shall be, the "Educational Licensing Reform Act." It may be cited as "ELRA."
ii. As they appear in this legislation, "elementary" refers to grades fifth and below, "middle" refers to grades sixth through eighth inclusive, and "high" refers to grades ninth through twelfth inclusive.

Section 2 (Educational licensing)
i. The Ministry of Education shall license applicants to teach in Frémont public schools, according to the provisions set forth herein.
ii. Licenses shall be issued upon successful completion of the licensure exam and a criminal background check, and reissued upon satisfactory completion of a performance review every third year for the first fifteen years of their licensure, and every fifth year thereafter.
iii. Five classes of licenses shall be issued.
(a) The first three classes shall authorize the bearer to teach respectively, elementary, middle, and high school grades.
(b) The fourth class shall authorize the bearer to work in special education.
(c) The fifth class shall authorize the bearer to work as a substitute teacher.

Section 3 (Prerequisites)
i. The following shall be prerequisite to sit the licensure exam.
(a) For applicants to the first class, a bachelor's degree or higher in elementary education, OR three years' relevant work experience in elementary education or a similar field.
(b) For applicants to the second and third classes, a bachelor's degree or higher, OR three years' relevant work experience in the subject for which the applicant has requested licensure.
(c) For applicants to the fourth class, a bachelor's degree or higher in special education, OR five years' relevant work experience working with mentally disabled individuals.
(d) For applicants to the fifth class, sixty credit hours towards a bachelor's degree, OR three years' relevant work experience in an educational setting.

Section 3 (Licensure exam)
i. A special committee of the Ministry of Education shall be responsible for revising the licensure exam.
ii. The committee shall be composed of five licensed educators currently or within the last three years employed to teach at a public school in Frémont, nominated by the governors of the several states and appointed by the first minister of Frémont.
iii. No applicant shall be licensed, who did not score 88% or higher on the licensure exam. No applicant may sit the exam for a particular class more than once in an academic year, nor more than thrice in a five-year period.

Section 4 (Implementation)
i. This legislation shall take effect with the 2021–22 academic year.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 11:59:50 PM »

AN ACT
to censor censorship

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Free Minds Act."

Section 2 (Ban on bans)
i. No state or territory, municipality, school board, or other authority may ban any title or other work, in whole or in part, from any school or public library.
ii. No teacher may be dismissed or otherwise disciplined for teaching or assigning readings from a particular work, including films and other visual media.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2020, 12:02:02 AM »
« Edited: June 06, 2020, 12:18:07 AM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

AN ACT
to censor and condemn cruelty to animals

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be, the Animal Lives Matter Act. It may be cited as “ALM.”

Section 2 (Moratorium on euthanasia)
i. No animal hospital or shelter may administer euthanasia to animals, except in cases where the animal is suffering from a painful injury or condition for which there is no realistic alternative treatment.
ii. The penalty for violation of this act shall be, for a first or second offense, $5,000 in fines and the suspension of the offenders' license(s) to practice veterinary medicine; and the closure of the hospital or shelter and the revocation of the offenders' license(s) after the third illegal euthanasia.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2020, 12:03:08 AM »

AN ACT
to end unwarranted police surveillance

Section 1 (Title & definitions)
i. The title of this act shall be, the “Ban Big Brother Act.” It may be cited as “BBB.”
ii. As it appears in this legislation, “traffic camera” shall refer to any video recording device posted by a state or municipal authority to monitor traffic.

Section 2 (Ban on traffic cameras)
i. Footage obtained from a traffic camera shall not be used to charge any person with a traffic violation or other misdemeanor.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2020, 12:07:56 AM »

AN ACT
to protect freedom of movement

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be, the "No Curfews Act."

Section 2 (Repeal of state and local curfews)
i. No state, municipality, or other jurisdiction shall make or enforce any law, rule, or regulation establishing an hour after which citizens may not be out of their houses, nor authorizing the arrest of any individual for being out of their home during a certain time where there is no reasonable suspicion they have committed a crime.
ii. All such existing laws, rules, and regulations are hereby repealed.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2020, 03:31:18 PM »

AN ACT
to protect victims of sexual assault

Section 1. (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be, the "Outlaw Police Rape Act."

Section 2. (Amendment to Consent Laws)
i. No sex act between a police officer and a person in police custody shall be considered consensual under the laws of the Commonwealth.

Section 3. (Enactment)
i. This act shall take effect immediately after signature by the First Minister.
Tirnam
France

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.35

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2020, 12:02:11 AM »

AN ACT
to promote the use of public transport, or greener solutions, to commute to work.

Section 1. (Title and definition)
i. The title of this Act shall be the « Green Commuting Act ».
ii. The domicile refers to the place where the employee resides during the workweek.
iii. The employer refers to any company, public or private, operating in Fremont, employing more than 20 employees.

Section 2. (Reimbursement of transit passes)
i. The employer must reimburse part of the costs of transit passes used by his employees to make the commute from their domicile to their workplace.
ii. Only passes are covered, whether annual, monthly or weekly.
iii. Reimbursement is up to 50% of the cheapest fare, for the shortest route.
iv. The reimbursement from the employer is made monthly, including for annual passes,

a. at the latest at the end of the month following the validation of the pass.

b. upon presentation of proof by the employee.
v. The amount of reimbursement is indicated on the payslip.

Section 3. (Reimbursement of personal transport costs)
i. In the event that the employee has no public transport solution for the commute, the employer must reimburse the costs of supplying rechargeable electric or hybrid cars up to a limit of $200 per year and per employee.

Section 4. (Other mobility options)
i. The employer will reimburse the transportation costs of his employees when they use an alternative means of transport.
ii. The following means of transport are concerned :

- bicycle 

- car sharing
- shared transport (rental of electric or hybrid cars, bikes, scooters)
- public transport (without passes)

iii. The reimbursement of these options may not exceed $400 per year, per employee

Section 5. (Tax exemption)
i. The benefit to the employee resulting from the coverage by the employer of transportation costs is exempt from State income tax.

Section 6. (Implementation)
i. This legislation will take effect on January 1, 2021
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2020, 07:43:31 PM »

AN ACT
to recommit to the right to counsel

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be, the “Hugo Black Assistance of Counsel Act of 2020.” It may be cited as the “Black Act,” as the “Assistance of Counsel Act of 2020,” or as “BACA.”

Section 3 (Structural reforms to the COPD)
i. To account for the admission of Atlasian Samoa, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands, the Commonwealth Office of Public Defenders (COPD) is expanded to oversee the jurisdictions of Atlasian Samoa, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands.

Section 2 (Case caps)
i. Caseloads for public defenders shall not exceed 300 misdemeanors nor 100 felony cases annually, with felonies counting as two misdemeanors in mixed case loads.
ii. The COPD shall hire a number of public defenders sufficient to service all cases assigned to it in accordance with the provisions of §2(i) of this act.

Section 3 (Implementation)
i. The COPD shall aim to complete hiring no later than 31 December 2020.

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2020, 02:49:31 AM »

AN ACT
to improve public safety throughout the Commonwealth

Section 1 (Title)
i. The long title of this act shall be, the “Frémont Public Safety Act." It may be cited as the "FPSA."

Section 2 (Declaration of purpose)
i. The Parliament of Frémont finds and declares all of the following:
a. The complexities of emergency issues surrounding crises in mental health, intimate partner violence, community violence, substance abuse, homelessness, and natural disasters can, at times, be addressed more safely, with greater impact, and more cost-effectively and efficiently with community organizations, which often have deeper knowledge and understanding of the issues, trusted relationships with the people and communities involved, and specific knowledge and relationships surrounding the emergency.
b. Furthermore, young people of color, people with disabilities, people who are gender nonconforming, people who are formerly incarcerated, people with immigration status issues, and people who are unhoused or homeless, face significant barriers to engaging with law enforcement and other first responder personnel. Data demonstrates that these populations often do not reach out for needed help when dealing with crises in their communities because of their fear and challenges with engaging law enforcement, which puts lives and families at risk for continued harm and trauma. Community organizations that specialize in working with these populations, understanding their issues, and maintaining deep relationships in their communities have a more successful track record of engaging and supporting them.
c. Philanthropic and community organizations in cities and counties throughout the Commonwealth have recognized the need to expand innovative approaches to emergencies and have created programs to do so.
d. These alternative approaches have strengthened the response to emergencies in places throughout the Commonwealth by deepening impact, preventing violence, deescalating volatile situations, protecting property and the environment, reducing law enforcement use of force, and ensuring the health and safety of communities while, at the same time, saving money by decreasing calls for service and the sole reliance upon first responders for emergency situations.
e. Even as crime rates have decreased or remained static, police spending throughout the Commonwealth has increased significantly over the past 20 years; furthermore, while police play an important role in keeping Frémont safe, tasking them with response to the aforementioned public safety issues requires police officers to do jobs that can be more effectively done by community organizations, which in turn has necessitated such dramatically increased levels of spending.
f. Despite the innovative approaches led by community organizations, the Commonwealth does not have a policy, or a set of protocols to support community organizations’ involvement in addressing emergencies, or to effectively rein in local government spending on law enforcement.
g. This act seeks to remedy those issues by articulating a policy framework to support innovative approaches to build capacity in, and to facilitate grants for, community organizations to support emergency response, while reallocating some resources from law enforcement to support these grant programs.

Section 3 (Local police spending caps)
i. Spending on sheriff's offices, police departments, and equivalent entities by county and municipal governments may not exceed $125 per resident within such an entity's jurisdiction.
ii. Beginning in FY 2022, county and municipal governments shall eliminate annually 20% of the differential between FY 2021 spending levels and those mandated by §3(i).

Section 3 (Guidelines for reallocating resources)
i. The Frémont Ministry of Emergency Services (FMES) shall develop a set of guidelines for providing municipal grants to community organizations, for the purpose of incorporating the participation of such organizations into local emergency response, and for the expanded use of unarmed first responders to address nonviolent situations affecting public safety and well-being.
a. The FMES shall complete the development of these guidelines by January 1st, 2021.
ii. $4,000,000 shall be appropriated to the FMES in FY 2021, and every year thereafter for six years, for the purpose of providing direct aid to local governments in the development of programs for such grant administration and such expansion of unarmed emergency response services, or for other programs intended to assume responsibility for services outlined in §2(i(a)), as well as traffic enforcement, currently provided by law enforcement agencies.

Section 4 (Implementation)
i. This legislation shall take effect immediately upon signature by the First Minister, except where otherwise specified herein.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies