Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:15:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 43
Author Topic: Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd  (Read 47411 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: June 02, 2020, 01:46:59 PM »

DA Medical Examiner is now also calling the Floyd killing a homicide.

Im shocked. Who'd a thunk crushing someones windpipe for the length of a Quibi video would cause them to suffocate?

What are the symptoms of fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use?

If this is the new narrative that we're going with -- that Floyd was "intoxicated" on Fentanyl, then he would not have been nearly as coordinated or coherent as he appears in the various videos taken pre-arrest.  From my experiences, people who have overdosed on Fentanyl appear to be severely drunk (depending on the dosage).  

None of this matters anyway.  Let's say that Floyd was high-as-a-kite, his cardiovascular health was in dire straits and he was minutes away from an unrelated infarction.  Chauvin's actions still directly contributed to his death.  
What do you mean by the part that I have bolded? The store clerk who made the 911 Call said that Floyd looked drunk or something. That there wasn't something right with him. That Floyd was sitting in his car. It appears to be that it was 7 minutes between the 911 Call and the time the first officers arrived.

He was handcuffed and arrested at that time, he appears to have his knees buckled at that time. The formal arrest appears to be while Floyd was sitting/sprawling on the ground.

The store clerk thought that Floyd was drunk or something. If Floyd had not been intoxicated, the store clerk would not have been able to run down the street and yell at him and get the license plate, because Floyd would have driven off. If Floyd had not been intoxicated, he would not have been sitting in the car 7 minutes later when the police arrived.

Imagine that a drunk is beating the c__p out of his wife. Do you send a doctor, nurse, EMT, marriage counselor, or a police officer?

Amy Cooper said she was being threatened.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #876 on: June 02, 2020, 02:08:42 PM »

Im shocked. Who'd a thunk crushing someones windpipe for the length of a Quibi video would cause them to suffocate?

If this is the new narrative that we're going with -- that Floyd was "intoxicated" on Fentanyl, then he would not have been nearly as coordinated or coherent as he appears in the various videos taken pre-arrest.  From my experiences, people who have overdosed on Fentanyl appear to be severely drunk (depending on the dosage).  

None of this matters anyway.  Let's say that Floyd was high-as-a-kite, his cardiovascular health was in dire straits and he was minutes away from an unrelated infarction.  Chauvin's actions still directly contributed to his death.  
What do you mean by the part that I have bolded? The store clerk who made the 911 Call said that Floyd looked drunk or something. That there wasn't something right with him. That Floyd was sitting in his car. It appears to be that it was 7 minutes between the 911 Call and the time the first officers arrived.

He was handcuffed and arrested at that time, he appears to have his knees buckled at that time. The formal arrest appears to be while Floyd was sitting/sprawling on the ground.

The store clerk thought that Floyd was drunk or something. If Floyd had not been intoxicated, the store clerk would not have been able to run down the street and yell at him and get the license plate, because Floyd would have driven off. If Floyd had not been intoxicated, he would not have been sitting in the car 7 minutes later when the police arrived.

Imagine that a drunk is beating the c__p out of his wife. Do you send a doctor, nurse, EMT, marriage counselor, or a police officer?
That doesn’t justify pretty blatant homicide. I mean, Floyd was already disabled as a threat minutes before he started begging for air. When Mr Floyd desperately gasped out in pleas to get a bit of air, that should have been pretty damn obvious for the officer, even with the context. A lot of police allegations are exaggerated/miss context. This one doesn’t and is pretty obviously murder on the officer’s part.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #877 on: June 02, 2020, 02:24:57 PM »

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #878 on: June 02, 2020, 02:28:43 PM »

Freedom State
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #879 on: June 02, 2020, 02:47:51 PM »

And Walz has announced a formal investigation:
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #880 on: June 02, 2020, 04:02:24 PM »

This is going to be another NC-9 ramblefest.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #881 on: June 02, 2020, 04:17:16 PM »

FF Gov Evers (WI) on the events in Minneapolis:

https://www.facebook.com/GovernorTonyEvers/videos/340592540244383/
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #882 on: June 02, 2020, 04:22:15 PM »

The fact that PQG and jimrtex are both Texas Republicans is giving me whiplash reading this exchange. You never know what you're going to get!

(but seriously, thanks for fighting the good fight, PQG)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #883 on: June 02, 2020, 04:26:35 PM »

Minnesota should consider doing a Camden on Minneapolis. Namely, by breaking up their police force and rebuilding from the ground up.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #884 on: June 02, 2020, 04:35:36 PM »

Minnesota should consider doing a Camden on Minneapolis. Namely, by breaking up their police force and rebuilding from the ground up.

As far as I'm aware, Camden had only peaceful protests this time around (so it does seem to have delivered some real change).
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #885 on: June 02, 2020, 04:39:13 PM »

As far as I'm aware, Camden had only peaceful protests this time around (so it does seem to have delivered some real change).
the Camden cops were a class act yeah. They even marched with the protestors and posted #BlackLivesMatter stuff in their twitter.
Kevinstat

« Reply #886 on: June 02, 2020, 06:46:04 PM »

This is seriously sick. The entire MPD just needs to be disbanded and rebuilt from the bottom up.
The police chief should be fired.
Because of some of your other comments regarding George Floyd's death, I'm curious as to to whether the police chief should be fired because of the actions of the four officers (particularly Chauvin) or for firing/consenting to the firing of (I'm not sure entirely how that process works) the four officers (or some of them) without "due process"?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #887 on: June 02, 2020, 06:48:14 PM »

I realize that Trump is historically illiterate, but there's this pesky thing called the Posse Comitatus Act that got passed at the end of Reconstruction that prevents him from carrying out his very stable fantasies about sending in the troops. Under the circumstance, it's a little ironic since a prime motivation behind the act was to prevent a future President from sending in the troops to protect the negroes.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #888 on: June 02, 2020, 06:56:39 PM »

I realize that Trump is historically illiterate, but there's this pesky thing called the Posse Comitatus Act that got passed at the end of Reconstruction that prevents him from carrying out his very stable fantasies about sending in the troops. Under the circumstance, it's a little ironic since a prime motivation behind the act was to prevent a future President from sending in the troops to protect the negroes.

What's this, then? They are not wearing patches.

Edit: these guys are in dc so your point still stands, but it's still weird to me.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #889 on: June 02, 2020, 07:18:50 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2020, 07:29:53 PM by Southern Archivist Punxsutawney Phil »

This is seriously sick. The entire MPD just needs to be disbanded and rebuilt from the bottom up.
Because of some of your other comments regarding George Floyd's death, I'm curious as to to whether the police chief should be fired because of the actions of the four officers (particularly Chauvin) or for firing/consenting to the firing of (I'm not sure entirely how that process works) the four officers (or some of them) without "due process"?
For what its worth, I personally do not think the chief can be held responsible for the officers' behavior. Kroll was at the drivers' seat if anthing. He pushed them into and subjecting them to military-style training for instance, and if anything poured gasoline over the fire, slowly, over the years he's been on the political scene.
The new chief just took over last year. Was he supposed to be able to have the foresight, and the political capital, and the ability to surmount the various roadblocks, to fire Chauvin? I don't really think he could have.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #890 on: June 02, 2020, 07:22:22 PM »

A lot of these vital institutions that have been infiltrated by radicals are in serious need of being rebuilt.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #891 on: June 02, 2020, 07:50:43 PM »

I was going off of the videos I'd seen just prior to his arrest.  I admittedly didn't read the full 911 transcript.

My point still stands, though: Floyd potentially being intoxicated does not absolve the officer(s) in this case.  I'm not sure if that's the angle you're going for, jimrtex, but he was handcuffed on the ground with a fully-grown man putting his weight on his neck for almost nine minutes.  That's inexcusable, point blank.  
When Floyd is in the van, you can't see him. When he is taken out of the van and handcuffed he appears to be struggling, though the van blocks the view. There may be more on the body cam. The indictment of Chauvin says that Floyd resisted arrest. He also appears to have stumbled a bit.

He is then placed against a wall in a sitting position, but more of a sprawling position. He is then formally arrested for passing the counterfeit bill(s). The officer either wrote a citation or was reading Miranda rights (he had what appears to be a ticket sheet, and a pen). It would not be surprising if an officer is trained to state each right, and to check it off.

It is at this point that he is "arrested". At this point it looked entirely normal for a stop for public intoxication. I don't know whether it is possible to easily distinguish between alcohol intoxication and fentanyl intoxication.

According to the indictment of Chauvin, Floyd several times said that he could not breathe while still standing.

Restraining a prisoner who is belligerent is not wrong. The sex of the officer or his age has nothing to do with the case. He was not using his full weight. Most of his weight was on his other foot.

Whether the officers should have realized that Floyd had stopped breathing is a separate issue.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #892 on: June 02, 2020, 07:53:44 PM »

That doesn’t justify pretty blatant homicide. I mean, Floyd was already disabled as a threat minutes before he started begging for air. When Mr Floyd desperately gasped out in pleas to get a bit of air, that should have been pretty damn obvious for the officer, even with the context. A lot of police allegations are exaggerated/miss context. This one doesn’t and is pretty obviously murder on the officer’s part.
According to the indictment, Floyd had said that he could not breathe several times while standing up.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #893 on: June 02, 2020, 08:19:26 PM »

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/4575061-mpls-community-members-stand-behind-police-chief-arradondo/

Responsibility starts at the top.

The last police chief was forced out after a police officer shot and killed a civilian. This might have also led to the defeat of the incumbent mayor (who finished 3rd).
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #894 on: June 02, 2020, 08:24:44 PM »

Article IV Section 4
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #895 on: June 02, 2020, 09:15:07 PM »

Article IV Section 4

I don't get what you thought you were trying to imply.  If anything, between the language there "on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened)" and the Tenth Amendment, it would seem that even without the Posse Comitatus Act, the Federal government can't send troops into the States to engage in policing unless the government of that State asks for such assistance.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #896 on: June 02, 2020, 09:16:16 PM »

According to the indictment, Floyd had said that he could not breathe several times while standing up.
...We have video evidence of everything, I don’t know who you are trying to fool here.
Elgato1978
Rookie
« Reply #897 on: June 02, 2020, 09:38:47 PM »

Fact is that the warrior mentality or the approach of fear based policing is to blame . While it makes for a good post that simply wishing Police into the bowels of history. Short of having Justice League of America or Batman here to protect us. It might take a lot of hard work and perhaps intestinal fortitude to actually change the culture and remove officers who believe themselves to be robo cop and understand that a cop is to serve not to oppress! A cop needs to respect the people in the community he serves instead of recreating scenes from “Judge Dredd”
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #898 on: June 02, 2020, 09:39:23 PM »

Article IV Section 4

I've got some bad news for you. The bit where it says "shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government" doesn't actually mean that any random collection of bigoted, demagogue-worshipping authoritarians who come along and take over the name 'Republican Party' automatically get to be in charge.

(And speaking of the Constitution, you might want to consider whether anything your cowardly Chief Cheeto has done is constitutional, given that he has been in violation of Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 and Article II, Section 1, Clause 7 ever since the moment he pretended to take his Oath of Office.)
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #899 on: June 02, 2020, 09:56:05 PM »

...We have video evidence of everything, I don’t know who you are trying to fool here.
Quote from: State of Probable Cause against Derek Chauvin
"While standing outside the car, Mr. Floyd began saying and repeating that he could not breathe."

The state authorities have the body cam videos/audios. They prepared the indictment. It is not likely that they would make it up.

I won't know who "we" is in your statement. Do you work for the Minnesota or Minneapolis authorities or FBI?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies