Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:36:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 43
Author Topic: Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd  (Read 46981 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: May 29, 2020, 10:32:32 PM »

The protests/riots/looting in MSP are a very different thing than the violent attacks going on around the country. Those groups are largely white and seem to be trying to escalate the situation as much as possible.

So every instance of rioting has been a conspiracy by those wicked, wicked, wicked white people AGAIN?

This isn't about race, it's about politics. The Berners warned us this was coming, and they found an excuse to make their move.
Higgins
« Reply #676 on: May 29, 2020, 10:33:41 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2020, 08:53:01 AM by texasgurl »

Police needs to start bringing out the riot gear and engaging.

That works until it doesn't work and then what? One of these days the police bringing out the riot gear isn't going to do anything. Most police forces in major cities are a couple thousand. NYC has the largest force and is 40k if these protest spread, there are not enough police, riot gear, nor jails to stop anything.

One day with the way things are going you'll wake up to an America where authoritarian crackdowns in the name of "law and order" don't do anything.

Are you doing some bit as a racist Janet Reno or are you just heavily undermedicated?

The poster I responded to threatened full armed rebellion, armed action that even police and riot police "couldn't handle." I said that should be the response.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #677 on: May 29, 2020, 10:34:24 PM »

The protests/riots/looting in MSP are a very different thing than the violent attacks going on around the country. Those groups are largely white and seem to be trying to escalate the situation as much as possible.

I mean tbf Minneapolis is one of the whitest metro areas in the nation. Looks like a decent bit of ANTIFA  esque people however.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #678 on: May 29, 2020, 10:37:42 PM »

So every instance of rioting has been a conspiracy by those wicked, wicked, wicked white people AGAIN?

This isn't about race, it's about politics. The Berners warned us this was coming, and they found an excuse to make their move.

> Sanders supporters only exist on Twitter and not in swing states
> Sanders supporters are violent saboteurs across the nation
Pick one.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #679 on: May 29, 2020, 10:38:29 PM »

Poster threatened full fledged armed rebellion that the police wouldn't be able to stop.

Higgins expressed a desire to see the full force of the US military used against said rebels, if said rebellion happened.

Nobody threatened anything you're paranoid and need help. I stated a fact. A few thousand officers can not stop a much larger number of protesters. Violence is not the answer to this as I stated long term. You really think if they kill people's children(as you suggested) that somehow we'll all wake up the next day and everything will be normal?

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #680 on: May 29, 2020, 10:42:33 PM »

Pick one.

I think this has conclusively been answered tonight, no?

Although a lot of these are the "Bernie is kind of acceptable, even though he's a weak liberal squish" types.
Higgins
« Reply #681 on: May 29, 2020, 10:45:19 PM »

Poster threatened full fledged armed rebellion that the police wouldn't be able to stop.

Higgins expressed a desire to see the full force of the US military used against said rebels, if said rebellion happened.

Nobody threatened anything you're paranoid and need help. I stated a fact. A few thousand officers can not stop a much larger number of protesters. Violence is not the answer to this as I stated long term. You really think if they kill people's children(as you suggested) that somehow we'll all wake up the next day and everything will be normal?

A large number of rioters overrun the police, they deserve everything they get. It will repeat again and again until they stop rioting. It won't be normal until they submit. Bring in the army if need be to subdue them. I don't care.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #682 on: May 29, 2020, 10:48:42 PM »

Mask off moment today for some 'moderate, liberal' red avatars
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #683 on: May 29, 2020, 10:49:54 PM »

Imagine being white and rioting lol.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #684 on: May 29, 2020, 10:52:06 PM »

The reaction here reminds me of what Phil Ochs said about American liberals - 'Ten degrees to the left of center in good times, ten degrees to the right of center if it affects them personally'.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #685 on: May 29, 2020, 10:53:35 PM »

Pick one.

I think this has conclusively been answered tonight, no?

No, I don't think so. Perhaps you could point me to a comprehensive analysis of the attitudes of Sanders supporters towards these saboteurs (because all property damage outside MSP is definitely coordinated sabotage and not in any way linked to the anger of the protests) and the attitudes of the saboteurs to Sanders supporters. Parts of Rose Twitter saying "Rioting can be good, actually" doesn't cut the mustard and in any case, you're supposing the protests are separate from the violence.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #686 on: May 29, 2020, 11:45:36 PM »

The college football hall of fame has been destroyed. Take every terrorist who cares to be outside their home out by any means necessary.
Here's a link: College Football Hall of Fame damaged in Atlanta protests

From what I've seen, Atlanta's situation seems to be the most out of control for no reasonable justification. Minneapolis has some justification for burning and looting due to Floyd's completely inexcusable death at the hands of police. But Atlanta? Why Atlanta? Why the CNN Center? Why the freaking College Football Hall of Fame? It seems like its more of an excuse for those who like destroying things to do so, more than anything
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #687 on: May 29, 2020, 11:47:07 PM »

Bob Kroll should go.

https://www.startribune.com/kroll-wins-decisively-in-race-for-police-union-presidency/417711203/

https://www.insider.com/president-minneapolis-police-union-wore-white-power-patch-lawsuit-2020-5
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #688 on: May 29, 2020, 11:48:30 PM »

The college football hall of fame has been destroyed. Take every terrorist who cares to be outside their home out by any means necessary.
Here's a link: College Football Hall of Fame damaged in Atlanta protests

From what I've seen, Atlanta's situation seems to be the most out of control for no reasonable justification. Minneapolis has some justification for burning and looting due to Floyd's completely inexcusable death at the hands of police. But Atlanta? Why Atlanta? Why the CNN Center? Why the freaking College Football Hall of Fame? It seems like its more of an excuse for those who like destroying things to do so, more than anything

The fact that so many people do that shows that they want to break the law. They want to break windows. They want to be troublemakers.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #689 on: May 29, 2020, 11:53:10 PM »

Those who ravage Atlanta, if they continue to choose to not heed the words of their mayor and if they suffer from the inevitable restoration of order in the aftermath, should have no one to blame but themselves. The leadership of the city did everything they could to show empathy and yet the rioters showed in turn their municipal leadership and fellow Atlantans they had none in return.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #690 on: May 29, 2020, 11:55:44 PM »

Back The Blue congressman Mike LiPetri is getting feedback for aligning with cops too much.

https://twitter.com/TheMikeLiPetri/status/1266399204466966531

SoulMan007
@Man007Soul
·
10h
Replying to
@TheMikeLiPetri
Cops are out of control all over the place. Ahmoud Arbery, George Floyd, and Breonna Taylor murders require that our lawmakers take a strong stand against police misconduct. Unfortunately, Mike LiPetri stands with the police ALL THE TIME. That's his voting block.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #691 on: May 30, 2020, 12:01:59 AM »

Atlanta is the capital of Black Capitalism, of course, it was going have a lot of people upset. It was also going to have a lot of people try to take advantage of the situation as well.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #692 on: May 30, 2020, 12:08:45 AM »

So, apparently, Governor Walz can't even enforce his own curfew. 

Once the dust settles on this, Frey, Freeman, and Walz have a LOT of 'splaining to do.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #693 on: May 30, 2020, 12:09:54 AM »

Atlanta is the capital of Black Capitalism, of course, it was going have a lot of people upset. It was also going to have a lot of people try to take advantage of the situation as well.

Is it? Why is Atlanta rather than DC or NYC?
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #694 on: May 30, 2020, 12:10:14 AM »

Tbh the revelation that the cop and George Floyd worked together (and probably knew each other) leads me to believe that this was less an act of random racism/brutality and that the cop had it out for Floyd for some reason. Doesn't make it any less heinous and if anything he should be guranteed the most serious charges in that situation.

Wow. So it's worse if it's not racist. Got it.

Why would adding premeditation to the mix NOT make it worse?  I'm not expressly discounting racism as a factor either.  Can you give it break with your dumb hot takes for once?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #695 on: May 30, 2020, 12:12:00 AM »

I can't say why, but I've heard this line a few times before.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #696 on: May 30, 2020, 12:15:13 AM »

Keisha Lance Bottoms would be the most reassuring Vice President imaginable at this point. Tells it like it is! Very impressive.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #697 on: May 30, 2020, 12:22:54 AM »

I never heard of NYC being thought that way although Prince George's county has that argument.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #698 on: May 30, 2020, 12:26:14 AM »

I really hope Biden is vets Keisha Lance Bottoms.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #699 on: May 30, 2020, 12:32:12 AM »

This is very depressing. Richmond, VA is having dangerous and violent protests as well

And now the national guard is in Atlanta and Atlanta has historically not had violent protests.

The general public will go against their cause and I am in agreement with the entirety of their causes.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies