S.20.2-13: Bane of S019 Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:07:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.20.2-13: Bane of S019 Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.20.2-13: Bane of S019 Act (Debating)  (Read 1005 times)
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« on: May 27, 2020, 08:14:18 PM »

I'd like the Author/Sponsor, Delegate PragmaticPopulist to advocate for his bill.
(He has been notified this is on the floor)

This bill is a genuine joke and the South should not have this joke bill occupying one of its valuable slots. I urge a Delegate to table this.
Perhaps if the Lincoln Council Speaker stuck to his own jurisdiction bills like this wouldn't have been drafted by members of his own party. The only person at their legislative slot capacity is the Governor, with four. Also maybe your point would have more weight if there weren't multiple slots available for other members of this chamber to use. Furthermore there are no pieces of legislation waiting in the introduction thread at this point in time. I will once again advise the Lincoln Council Speaker that he should stick to his own region and leave us Southerners alone to do our own thing in our own way. I hope you take heed. It will make life easier for everyone.

Thank you speaker for pointing out the importance of this bill.

The south takes undesirable outside influence very seriously. Can't have outside actors turning the region into a puppet show. We must take action to prevent that from happening.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 02:55:56 PM »

Amendment Key
Additions | Removals | Moved
Quote from: Potential Amendments to Bane of S019 Act
Quote from: Bane of S019 Act
Bane of S019 Act

1. Lincoln Council Speaker S019 shall not interfere in the affairs of the South while he holds elected office in another region, unless personally requested by the Southern Chamber of Delegates.

2. If S019 does not abide, the government of the South shall fine him for disturbing the peace.

3. If S019 still does not abide, the government of the South shall have the authority to recommend to the regional government of the region he resides in to impose a SALT (State and Local Tax) cap on him.

Any thoughts on these potential amendments?
I am fine with this amendment. I did not add it because I was not sure if the government of the south had the authority to fine someone from another region.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 10:40:44 AM »

AYE
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies