Part of Republican National Convention will be held in Jacksonville (UPDATE: No it won't) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:36:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Part of Republican National Convention will be held in Jacksonville (UPDATE: No it won't) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Part of Republican National Convention will be held in Jacksonville (UPDATE: No it won't)  (Read 9652 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: May 25, 2020, 12:58:08 PM »

Have the convention at Mar-a-Lago

There's no doubt it ends up there if it gets moved out of Charlotte. Smiley
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 02:49:55 PM »

Hot take: The 2020 Republican convention will end up being held in one of Trump's hotels. Or possibly in Trump Tower itself.

Of course, he's implicitly endorsing the idea of personally profiting from the RNC, as long as it's in one of his properties with w big enough ballroom. I suggest Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama. It just has the right ambience for today's GOP.

How about Trump Towers Istanbul?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 08:19:33 AM »

Trump wants to bail out the cruise industry, right?  They should hold it on one of the giant cruise ships. Smiley
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 08:30:03 AM »
« Edited: May 31, 2020, 10:39:33 AM by GeorgiaModerate »

If all goes wrong I honestly think they will just put it in the Stegeman Coliseum in Georgia.

ROFLMAO!  Stegeman Coliseum is the on-campus arena at the University of Georgia, which is located in Athens - one of the most Democratic cities in the state.  It would be hilarious, but there's no way it would happen.

If the convention were to move to Georgia, it would almost have to be held in Atlanta.  But I strongly doubt the mayor would allow it.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 01:48:00 PM »

And there it is: NC rejects the convention without health protocols.

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-rejects-gop-convention-without-health-protocols-nashville-being-considered/EEbCtxlhNB8HjPLf3Pk2bO/

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 07:13:23 PM »

Trump wants to sicken and kill as many of his fellow Republicans as possible:

Trump is reportedly insisting the Republican National Convention be held without face masks or social distancing measures

I really don't see this convention happening if Trump sticks to his guns here.  At least not in North Carolina.   

I wonder how many of his MAGA cultists would go to the convention without PPE or the 6 feet rule? I could see it being around 50-50.

They'll be selling MAGA-branded hydroxychloroquine at the door.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 02:53:15 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 11:51:31 AM »

I've been to Jacksonville for a conference, although it was quite a few years ago.  Unless things have changed in the interim (which they quite possibly have) I'd be surprised if it has the necessary amount of hotel space to host a large convention.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 04:33:24 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 10:25:59 AM »

LMFAO!! I would've expected Ted Nugent of all people to have more respect for himself than to support Trump and at least vote 3rd party this year

The tweet was a joke.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies