Part of Republican National Convention will be held in Jacksonville (UPDATE: No it won't) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:37:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Part of Republican National Convention will be held in Jacksonville (UPDATE: No it won't) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Part of Republican National Convention will be held in Jacksonville (UPDATE: No it won't)  (Read 9588 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: May 25, 2020, 10:46:30 AM »

Could they even move it? The RNC is exactly 3 months from now. (August 24th-27th) That is extremely short notice for an event this large.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 12:35:43 PM »

Luckily for the Republicans, they only have 2,550 delegates, over 2,000 fewer than the Democrats have, so if you're doing away with the audience, the venue could be considerably smaller than if the Democrats tried to pull this.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 11:53:11 AM »

I strongly suspect he wants to move it to Mar-a-Lago to maximise the grift, but objecting to any mask-wearing (even non-mandatory mask wearing) is counterproductive. His campaign would have been better off selling MAGA/KAG masks.

Mar A Lago isn't big enough to accomodate 10s of thousands watching his speech like he wants.

My guess is Jacksonville, FL would be a good choice, as a large enough city that's also at least somewhat Trumpy.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 03:20:25 PM »

I'm also hearing Phoenix is a possibility. If that happens you can cross AZ of the Board.

I mean, yes, the people of Phoenix will be angered by this and it will help Biden, but I'm not sure it'll help Biden enough to make AZ Safe Dem.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 09:11:25 PM »

Trump should go all in and embrace the Confederacy given how far he already has gone.  It would be a fine way of giving the middle-finger to all those stiff-necked liberals demanding political correctness, and showing BLM and Antifa what he really thinks of them.  As he campaigns in his safe space in towns and cities across the South, he should humor the locals by standing reverently at attention as Confederate reenactors march by him:

And then as he walks to the podium to give his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention in Jacksonville, Florida, he should have a live band play Dixie:

Libs owned!

Trump, the Copperhead in Chief.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 12:14:44 PM »

Why didn't they move the convention to a random town in WY under open sky with physical distance?

You still need tens of thousands of people to travel to the location and stay there for a few days, so proximity to an airport and hotel accommodations are needed (the RNC delegates aren't camping in tents).

EDIT: That said, your proposal (basically Republican Burning Man) is funny to imagine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies