Part of Republican National Convention will be held in Jacksonville (UPDATE: No it won't) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:37:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Part of Republican National Convention will be held in Jacksonville (UPDATE: No it won't) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Part of Republican National Convention will be held in Jacksonville (UPDATE: No it won't)  (Read 9632 times)
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« on: May 25, 2020, 12:35:28 PM »

Lmao like Cooper cares whether Trump hosts his personal cult party in his state.

What a moron, you can’t just reschedule these things on the fly.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 03:17:31 PM »

The RNC's fallback options:

I mentioned awhile ago that Las Vegas is the natural fit for a Trump convention. Of course, local and state leadership won't be onboard with it. This is going to cause massive headaches for the RNC, not only will it be a pain to reschedule on such short notice, but very few local and state governments are going to be willing to set up the venue to Trump's specifications.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 05:11:39 PM »

The RNC's fallback options:

I mentioned awhile ago that Las Vegas is the natural fit for a Trump convention. Of course, local and state leadership won't be onboard with it. This is going to cause massive headaches for the RNC, not only will it be a pain to reschedule on such short notice, but very few local and state governments are going to be willing to set up the venue to Trump's specifications.

I still think the RNC will end up compromising as needed on scaling back the size of the convention as long as Trump is allowed to end the week with an acceptance speech that's done as a big outdoor rally with lots of people.  I assume that some local/state government somewhere in the South will agree to that.

Probably, but it's still a highly inconvenient process to have to go through. I would not want to be involved in the event planning for a backup venue.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 02:07:02 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2020, 02:11:38 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

Conventions are just giant, drunken soirées for party insiders. A night full of joviality and revelries while they go through the motions on symbolic delegate apportionment and the routine commitment to their principles through the platform. It’s a highly nominal affair that lost its substantive purpose awhile ago, so they have basically no effect on election results in the state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies