Labor blocks tax cuts for Atlasian small businesses (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:27:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor blocks tax cuts for Atlasian small businesses (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor blocks tax cuts for Atlasian small businesses  (Read 819 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« on: May 25, 2020, 12:58:50 AM »

This is the opposite it was a tax cut for large businesses at the expense of middle class/upper middle class families in high tax areas such as NY, NJ, and CA.
The small businesses that would've recieved tax cuts in OSR's bill actually contribute far more to the economy and to communities all across Atlasia than you and your family.

I'd also point out that the stimulus bill cut taxes significantly. Your argument that Labor and Peace members of congress don't want to cut taxes for people is simply wrong. Tax cuts for the higher brackets was always the area of contention, and if I was someone to grandstand I'd start a similar thread condemning right wing members for their support for tax cuts for the rich. This is an extremely dishonest and unproductive way of doing politics.
I know you don't like it when your actions get fairly criticized, but how is having a legitimate discussion on ideological policy in a politics and government simulator any more dishonest and unproductive than you and your party wielding and maintaining power in near total secrecy through discord?

I applause the national congressional representatives for voting down this awful attempt at austerity during a pandemic. The bill was awful.
Cutting taxes is by definition expansionary fiscal policy which is not austerity.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies