Bold Predictions for November (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:28:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bold Predictions for November (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bold Predictions for November  (Read 11221 times)
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« on: May 26, 2020, 05:16:13 AM »
« edited: May 26, 2020, 05:19:46 AM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

TX will shift heavily to the right and give Trump a 15% win.

Yep, still a Trump optimist.

I can't see Trump surging in Texas if he can't flip support in formerly-Republican suburbs (such as the one in which I was raised).  

Of course, this is anecdotal and I can't speak for every one of these voters in every single Texas suburb, but these old-guard Bush-era Republicans (mostly white and college-educated) DON'T like Trump.  And it's not even a "he has a big mouth and I wish he'd tweet less, but I'll still vote for him"-type situation.  

Now, that's not to say that these voters will unanimously switch their registration and start voting Democratic from now on, but Trump needs these voters to attain pre-2016 level margins -- combined with a modest surge in rural votes. 

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 10:15:04 AM »

I think Trump will win re election regardless of the EV count. However, I think It he will win big. He will definitely pick up NH and ME (at large) as well as Minnesota. Then, I think he could also take Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, and Virginia. I think that's about it, but it would not be too far out that he picks up a blue state like Oregon or Connecticut.

VERY BOLD prediction lol.

Welcome to Talk Elections!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies