Dem forum primary between 12 forum posters: Who would you vote for?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:37:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Dem forum primary between 12 forum posters: Who would you vote for?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in a hypothetical between 12 Democratic forum posters?
BRTD (D-MN)

S019 (D-NJ)

Chancellor Gowron (D-GA)

brucejoel99 (D-FL)

Badger (D-OH)

Xing (D-WA)

Progressive Pessimist (D-NJ)

Alben Barkley (D-KY)

pbrower2a (D-MI)

Senator YE (D-NV)

Ghost of Ruin (D-CO)

President Biden (D-MA)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Dem forum primary between 12 forum posters: Who would you vote for?  (Read 1542 times)
538Electoral

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2020, 06:38:18 AM »
« edited: May 23, 2020, 06:43:30 AM by 538Electoral »

Obviously inspired by Laki's thread.

The premise is the exact same but instead of voting between 12 blue avatars, You're voting for 12 red ones I picked at random.

I excluded left leaning posters without red avatars (Laki, NHI) as well as posters not from the US (President Johnson, AndriyValeriovich)

Anyway, as a Republican I wouldn't be interested much to vote for any of these even though some of them I think are decent posters. sorry.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 07:30:27 AM »

BRTD (D-MN) Don't know his political views enough, but he's memed a lot around here.
S019 (D-NJ) Good guy, surely, but I'd rather vote for Biden than him and that should tell you enough. No hard feelings though.
Chancellor Gowron (D-GA) Never heard of
brucejoel99 (D-FL) Good quality poster, but wouldn't be enthusiastic voting for him. Sure, i prefer him over Biden, and he would get my vote. but that's about it.
Badger (D-OH) Don't know much about him. I think he's a FF. He formerly identified as a Republican, because he had a R-avatar, and that's about the only thing i know
Xing (D-WA) The guy whose views i know the most, as he was a outspoken Sanders supporter. He would get my vote in this primary.
Progressive Pessimist (D-NJ) Gen. Eric Democrat, i think. That being said, he would defeat everyone else in a landslide if he truly was Gen. Eric Democrat. I read a lot about his posts, but nothing is really unexpected about him.
Alben Barkley (D-KY) Never heard of
pbrower2a (D-MI) Heard of, but I know absolutely nothing about his political views.
Senator YE (D-NV) I know him from Atlasia. But don't know enough to Judge.
Ghost of Ruin (D-CO) Only thing i know about him is that he's frequently mentioned as Trump's greatest critic. I think he fails to realize why Trump has a lot of support, but I don't seem to engage with him a lot. I don't know his views well enough.
President Biden (D-MA) Never heard of.

Most of this list are generic Democrats, and they fail to "outshine" the others, not negatively meant. I know them barely, just. I know the blue avatars on Atlas better. Xingkerui would get my vote.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 07:43:43 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2020, 07:52:09 AM by Laki »

Obviously inspired by Laki's thread.

The premise is the exact same but instead of voting between 12 blue avatars, You're voting for 12 red ones I picked at random.

I excluded left leaning posters without red avatars (Laki, NHI) as well as posters not from the US (President Johnson, AndriyValeriovich)

Anyway, as a Republican I wouldn't be interested much to vote for any of these even though some of them I think are decent posters. sorry.
President Johnson, AndriyValeriovich would do well i think in a forum polling. Tack50 probably too. Those are posters i appreciate a lot. But my views are quite different with those generic Democrat posters, and that's not a bad thing.

I wouldn't do well in a forum poll i think (because i'm not critical enough on Trump, and because i'm too leftist/populist), maybe better in an actual primary if i tactically make the right moves, and plan my route ahead. If i did run as an actual leftist, I would tactically go hard after Trump. While if i ran as a populist, i would expose Trump for who he actually is, and target a lot of Obama - Trump voters. In Belgium, i would almost certainly run as a leftist, while in the USA that's less viable, because i'm arguably to the left of Bernie Sanders on some issues, except for social issues. Although to US norms, i'm still left-wing on social issues. I'm surely convinced that I won't be able to run a campaign as good as that of Bernie Sanders who is as consistent (which i'm not), pure, honest and clear as his. You know what you're going to get, that's going to be less clear for me. Even i don't know what i would do if elected in office. I would probably moderate my handlings more compared to what I would say, except for some issues where i would try to profile myself more on. What I certainly wouldn't do is undermine democracy or rule as an actual marxist. But I doubt I would be a good leader that would actually accomplish a lot in certain things, regardless of how I run and how I rule, because the country is so divided, and to a certain extent this applies to all democratic countries, and to many people. It's easy to criticize, but governing ain't easy.

I'm not sure if i would handle COVID-19 well. I would be torn between re-opening too fast because of pressure or extending the lockdown to prevent being hit by a boomerang for a second wave (and being criticized for re-opening too soon). But extending the lockdown for too long, will create unhappiness and more economic damage. That's a tough decision to make. What I would do is certainly listen to the people, even if I don't entirely believe in it. You're elected as a representative, so you have to represent them. Although direct referenda are better suited for that.

I honestly think i'm much better in campaigning and debating, than in actual governing, but you'll never know until you're in power. Chances i'll ever be at the very least a city councilman are very small though, but It's something i would like to do, certainly. Of course, i'm 24 so i'm not experienced enough for higher office, so that can explain my doubt i would do very well. You have to climb up and first do well in local office (city councillor, state representative / state senator).

Ah yeah, you need advisors for that. You're never alone. I think Parrotguy or PresidentJohnson are two examples of good advisors in the case i ever came to power lol.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 10:58:28 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2020, 11:06:17 AM by АndriуValeriovich »

I don't think I would do well in Atlas Democratic primary because of my center-right position on social issues (especially abortion and marijuana legislation)

I would vote for President Johnson if he was on the list. But among these candidates, KYWildman and YE are the closest to my views, so they share the first place

My top 5:
1. YE
1. KYWildman (Alben Barkley)
3. S019
4. brucejoel99
5. President Biden
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 10:59:41 AM »

Did KYWildman change his username recently, is he Harry S Truman or the guy who said Beshear would win and than told "i told you so" in his signature or is he someone else?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 11:05:21 AM »

Tied between Alben Barkley (KYWildman) and brucejoel99. Both high quality posters who were with Uncle Joe for a long time and who are liberal, but not too far left.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 12:15:58 PM »

Progressive Pessimist

He seems to generally be my east coast counterpart.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 12:21:14 PM »

Amazing, of all the Democrats on Atlas you managed to construct a very unrecognizable list (except for a few) and for me, only the first 3 or 4 are even worth thinking of voting for Tongue

1. YE
2. Brucejoel99

3. Xing
4. Progressive Pessimist

5. BRTD
6. Badger
7. S019
8. pbrower2a
9. Ghost of Ruin

10. Politician

No idea who are the other 2.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 01:06:30 PM »

1. YE
2. xingkerui

Don't care at all for the rest.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 01:39:26 PM »

YE (Protectionism yay) or Pres Biden (sort of right wing from what I've seen.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 05:19:09 PM »

1. Pbrower2a
2. YE
3. Progressive Pessimist
4. Ghost of Ruin
5. Xingekurui
6. Badger
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 07:44:18 PM »

1. S019
2. brucejoel99
3. YE
4. Badger
5. xingkerui
6. GWBFan
7. Ghost of Ruin
8. ProgressivePessimist
9. pbrower2a
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 03:41:07 AM »
« Edited: May 24, 2020, 06:07:37 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

I'm flattered to have been included, though I imagine that I'll be performing towards the bottom of this primary.

Here's how I'd rank my fellow candidates (excluding myself) mostly on the basis of electability versus the Republican from the other thread:

1. Xing: checks just about every box I would want out of a Democratic candidate, even as I'm not as crazy about Sanders as he is. He is a progressive while also being mainstream and inclusive. He would be a perfect nominee to keep the Democratic Party united.
2. YE: I'm more familiar with them as a mod than as a poster but I have no reason to be skeptical of their ability to win an election.
3. Ghost of Ruin: The ultimate Trump opponent and someone I tend to almost always agree with beyond that. He is perhaps a bit predictable though.
4. Brucejoel99: Potentially too moderate, but even then is still mainstream enough. I wouldn't be worried too much about him in a general election.
5. Badger: I like him a lot but his confrontational tendencies and speech-to-text mishaps could cause problems.
6. Politician: I'm not entirely sure about their views, I mostly know them for their election takes on the 2020 board. But they seem safe enough.
7. Prower2a: I like him but I don't know much about his political views, I know him mostly for his polling maps and long, dry posts. There's nothing wrong with that, but as a candidate might be missing an excitement factor.
8. KYWildman: He would have ranked within the top three if not for his impatience to reopen economies amid the pandemic. That said, he would be the perfect antidote against a more moderate Republican though. It's also possible that I'm thinking of Bandit instead.
9. GWBFan: The fact that he is a former Republican who voted for Bush, even though he has more than made up for it, would be bad for Democratic turnout in a general election. Outside of that, admittedly big piece of baggage that I could see constantly hanging over his head, I like him a lot.
10. S019: I like my fellow suburban New Jerseyan a lot too, and ordinarily that would cause pressure for me to endorse him, but I just see him as too Bloomberg-like to appeal to enough people in order to win a general election, especially when it comes to his Republican past and being in favor of repealing the Second Amendment. He doesn't even have Bloomberg's money either.
11. BRTD: Entertaining poster, but would make a bad nominee. He is way too quirky and a bit of a wildcard.

I'll emphasize that I like, and would vote for, all of these posters in a general election, but those are my preferences.

Also I would love to see someone make a map of this primary.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 05:40:08 AM »

BRTD, with YE in close second

I barely recognize most of the names on the list lol
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 02:12:49 AM »

Ghost Of Ruin
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 02:38:45 AM »

I'm going to be supporting Badger, I don't know his positions but it's time we stopped pussyfooting around we need an attack dog.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 03:26:58 AM »

I'm going to be supporting Badger, I don't know his positions but it's time we stopped pussyfooting around we need an attack dog.
He's against police racism, police brutality, harsh drug laws, corruption, the private prison industry. He's pro choice pro diversity pro immigration pro LGBTQ anti discrimination. If he was a Republican, he'd definitely be a Kasich Romney type, but he hasn't been one for years.

If any of this is wrong, somebody please correct me.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 07:32:56 PM »

BRTD. Imagine the inauguration!

Also gotta love the male privilege on display here. Anti-reproductive freedom views would and should never make it through a primary.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 08:17:04 PM »

I'm flattered to have been included, though I imagine that I'll be performing towards the bottom of this primary.

Here's how I'd rank my fellow candidates (excluding myself) mostly on the basis of electability versus the Republican from the other thread:

1. Xing: checks just about every box I would want out of a Democratic candidate, even as I'm not as crazy about Sanders as he is. He is a progressive while also being mainstream and inclusive. He would be a perfect nominee to keep the Democratic Party united.
2. YE: I'm more familiar with them as a mod than as a poster but I have no reason to be skeptical of their ability to win an election.
3. Ghost of Ruin: The ultimate Trump opponent and someone I tend to almost always agree with beyond that. He is perhaps a bit predictable though.
4. Brucejoel99: Potentially too moderate, but even then is still mainstream enough. I wouldn't be worried too much about him in a general election.
5. Badger: I like him a lot but his confrontational tendencies and speech-to-text mishaps could cause problems.
6. Politician: I'm not entirely sure about their views, I mostly know them for their election takes on the 2020 board. But they seem safe enough.
7. Prower2a: I like him but I don't know much about his political views, I know him mostly for his polling maps and long, dry posts. There's nothing wrong with that, but as a candidate might be missing an excitement factor.
8. KYWildman: He would have ranked within the top three if not for his impatience to reopen economies amid the pandemic. That said, he would be the perfect antidote against a more moderate Republican though. It's also possible that I'm thinking of Bandit instead.
9. GWBFan: The fact that he is a former Republican who voted for Bush, even though he has more than made up for it, would be bad for Democratic turnout in a general election. Outside of that, admittedly big piece of baggage that I could see constantly hanging over his head, I like him a lot.
10. S019: I like my fellow suburban New Jerseyan a lot too, and ordinarily that would cause pressure for me to endorse him, but I just see him as too Bloomberg-like to appeal to enough people in order to win a general election, especially when it comes to his Republican past and being in favor of repealing the Second Amendment. He doesn't even have Bloomberg's money either.
11. BRTD: Entertaining poster, but would make a bad nominee. He is way too quirky and a bit of a wildcard.

I'll emphasize that I like, and would vote for, all of these posters in a general election, but those are my preferences.

You are thinking of Bandit
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2020, 06:13:12 PM »

You are thinking of Bandit

Okay, I'll update my order:

1. Xing.
2. YE.
3. Ghost of Ruin.
4. KYWildman.
5. Brucejoel99.
6. Badger.
7. Politician.
8. Pbrower2a.
9. GWBFan.
10. S019.
11. BRTD.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2020, 06:23:33 PM »

Enthusiastically ProgPes who is the most normal person by a dozen miles. Beyond that, I basically just agree with ParrotGuy's rankings and am pretty good with the top four plus BRTD just behind them.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2020, 06:51:03 PM »

Exclusion is noted Sad
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2020, 06:52:44 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2020, 07:19:58 PM by KaiserDave »

Alben Barkley...I agree with much of his posts and I think we're aligned much politically.

Also we both agreed that Warren/Bullock would be an awesome ticket.

edit: Although he hates bernie waaaaaaay too much
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2020, 07:04:53 PM »

Enthusiastically ProgPes who is the most normal person by a dozen miles. Beyond that, I basically just agree with ParrotGuy's rankings and am pretty good with the top four plus BRTD just behind them.

Thanks! But I wouldn't even consider myself "the most normal person" in comparison to anyone.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2020, 10:05:09 PM »

Easily Brucejoel and I'm surprised he isn't doing better.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies