Huron Co Ohio primary results--hacked? or inhabited by Extraterrestrials?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:49:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Huron Co Ohio primary results--hacked? or inhabited by Extraterrestrials?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huron Co Ohio primary results--hacked? or inhabited by Extraterrestrials?  (Read 716 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2020, 10:11:58 PM »

So, we've all seen on election nights, counties post really weird results and it's because some old person can't type in or read the numbers right and they always get fixed.  Or we've seen rural ancestral D counties in OK or WV that just don't give a .... anymore and vote as randomly as possible.  So, when Huron Co posted these results

Joe Biden           Delaware   Democratic   1,43044.62%
Mike Bloomberg   New York   Democratic   439   13.70%
Bernie Sanders   Vermont   Democratic   392   12.23%
Amy Klobuchar   Minnesota   Democratic   301   9.39%
Tulsi Gabbard   Hawaii   Democratic   165   5.15%
Elizabeth Warren Mass   Democratic   151   4.71%
Pete Buttigieg   Indiana   Democratic   123   3.84%
Tom Steyer   California   Democratic   77   2.40%
Michael Bennet   Colorado   Democratic   77   2.40%
Deval Patrick   Mass    Democratic   50   1.56%

on election night that didn't resemble any of the counties around them or anywhere else, I was like, "whatever, when Grandma sobers up they'll fix it in the morning"  For those, unfamiliar with the overall results, Biden underperformed by almost 30%, Bernie actually underperformed too and everybody else, and I mean everybody way overperformed. 

There's nothing unique or interesting about Huron Co.  Farmers and small industry ancestral Republican no colleges or coal mines, no weird religions no history of odd voting.  It's two weeks later and Huron has certified the election and what has changed? Except for a few strays ballots added not a damn thing.  So let's look at the certified precinct results

https://www.huron.boe.ohio.gov/wp-content/uploads/Huron-County-Official-Canvass-Precinct-by-Precinct.pdf

So, Huron actually has 46 precincts and a couple of modest towns, Norwalk and Willard. 

Let's start at the bottom....Deval Patrick finished with 53 votes.  Lots of 0 and 1,2 per precinct and then Precint 64--Ridgefield Twp  Deval wins 29 out of 62 votes cast! Wins a precinct.  OK that's weird, but maybe Deval has a cousin who lives and convinced his neighbors to vote for Deval.  So Deval got 29 votes in 1 precinct and 24 in the other 45 combined.

Next up Michael Bennett.  Lots of 0,2 a 5, and then BAM! Willard 3, Bennett gets 36 out of 80 votes and wins a precinct!  So, Bennett gets 36 votes in one precinct and 43 in the other 45 combined.  OK, lightning strikes twice

But, it's all gotta stop with Steyer right?  Looks like it...until tiny Peru where Steyer wins 19 out of 43 votes and.....wins a precinct!!

Pete's next!  Nope a couple of 2nds but doesn't win a precinct.

Warren's up.  She ties for first in Hartland with 31 out of 87 votes and then BAM! wins Townsend with a dominating 38 out of 64 votes.  So, she got 69 votes in 2 precincts and a combined 83 in the other 44.

Next is Tulsi with a record shattering 5% county wide.  Huron is Tulsi country!  Well, sort of, she gets 30 or more votes in 4 precincts winning one, Wakeman, and finishing 2nd in the other three.  Altogether she got 138 votes in those 4 precincts and 33 combined in the other 42.

Klobbering Klobaucher is on deck with more than 9% of the vote more than 8X her statewide numbers.  Yeah, she wins some precincts including Willard 4 with 52 out of 96 votes. 

Willard is an interesting town, as mentioned above Bennett won Willard 3 with 36 votes, but had 0 votes in the other 3 precincts.  Klobaucher in the 3 precincts she didn't win managed a total of 5 votes.  Biden and Bloomberg won the other two and each had 50% plus of the vote in their respective precincts.  So in Willard, you better know who runs your part of town.

Slacker Bernie finished 3rd countywide to Bloomberg, the only county he did so (and really Bloomberg didn't come close elsewhere).  Bernie's best showing?  Tying for 1st in Hartland with Warren, where they combined for 62 out of 84 votes.  Hartland  Purple heart

Bloomberg has his best finish of any county again with random dominating precincts interspersed with next to nothing in the next.

So, just to recap.  Nine different candidates won precincts.  Everybody but Pete.  Out of curiosity I checked Noble Co where Biden got 60% and the rest was split among several others.  Biden won every precinct.  I'm saying barring some very bizarre sociological experiment there is no way this could have happened.  Now, while the county has certified this, the state hasn't so maybe somebody with say WTF. 

Now, if this was a NOVA thread there would have been maps, but I ain't taking two (or five) hours to do that.  However, here is a song

ibagli
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 02:37:35 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2020, 04:07:18 AM by ibagli »

I don't know anything about how ballot-scanning works, so this could be completely wrong, but is it possible that the system was accidentally programmed with the wrong ballot order in some precincts? Ohio rotates candidates from precinct to precinct, so if the system had the wrong ballot order in some places, you'd expect the loser candidates to have random "wins" where they lucked out and were given the Biden slot in that precinct.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 08:29:07 AM »

I don't know anything about how ballot-scanning works, so this could be completely wrong, but is it possible that the system was accidentally programmed with the wrong ballot order in some precincts? Ohio rotates candidates from precinct to precinct, so if the system had the wrong ballot order in some places, you'd expect the loser candidates to have random "wins" where they lucked out and were given the Biden slot in that precinct.

Good info.  That seems like a highly likely theory. 
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 07:20:57 PM »

DINGO JOE:

I suspect both hacking and ETs do not explain these results.

Perhaps, the most logical evidence is the most obvious (Without going into extensive precinct level analysis of Huron County, Ohio.

In OH anybody can vote for any candidate regardless of partisan affiliation in the Primaries...

Willard #3: It's an overwhelmingly Republican Precinct (At least '16 GE PRES):

Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,James Jerome Bell,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Michael Bickelmeyer,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Darrell L. Castle,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,D,Hillary Clinton,203
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,I,Richard Duncan,12
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Cherunda Fox,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Ben Hartnell,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Tom Hoefling,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Bruce E. Jaynes,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,I,Gary Johnson,17
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Chris Keniston,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Barry Kirschner,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Laurence Kotlikoff,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Joseph Maldonado,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Michael Andrew Maturen,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Evan McMullin,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Monica Moorehead,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Joe Schriner,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Mike Smith,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,G,Jill Stein,2
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Josiah R. Stroh,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,,Douglas W. Thomson,0
Huron,WILLARD 3,ABE,President,,R,Donald J. Trump,419

Now, I don't have the Ridgefield Township results immediately available at my fingertips, but would not be surprised if it is a similar bag....

If you haven't checked out results from the Columbia County, OR DEM PRIM, it is not surprising to see Tulsi, Write-Ins, etc.... performing well....

Suspect it's a similar scene in Huron County, OH.

That being said, since you did "name check" me.... pull up a chair, crack a beer, roll of "legal J", sip some sugary iced tea (or sugar water of your choice), and let me tell y'all a story about Ohio, since after all I did used to live there some 20-25 Years back.     Wink

Did the road trip from SW / Central OH to the far NE Corner of the State up towards Kent State.

This was after I was out of College, but still bummin' around in the Midwest.

They had a booth at Kent State, where they would sell their small trinkets and wares....

A few booths down was a booth for the Ohio National Guard, in a Campus where some 25 Years back they had murdered Four Anti-War protesters in 1970 after the illegal escalation of the War in Vietnam that expanded to Cambodia and Laos, (Which Anti-War activists were already aware was taking place)....

Many folks I got to know in OH that were locals around that time, would tell the stories of tear gas canisters getting shot into College Precincts, heavily Black neighborhoods, within Ohio at that time, frequently at random.... at a time where under Richard Nixon, Fascism looked like it might real within the United States of America....

A few Years back in a County Library somewhere in Oregon, I saw this book, which would somewhat as close to a definitive history of that moment as anything else out there....

Personally, not a huge fan of Amazon and the lack of Unions in the Warehouse sector, but still a good read, so if that's where you gotta go to read it, so be it....

https://www.amazon.com/Kent-State-Dissent-Sixties-Politics/dp/1625341113

NOW: IMMEDIATE REQUEST FOR EXCEL CHARTS & SCREENGRABS, regarding this election "election hacking/ET Moments"!

Must have spent a Month trawling around looking at OH precinct results after the '04 PRES Election, with this "Crazy DEM Roomate" who was claiming results were somehow hacked from voting machines, where some Republican Senator from Nebraska owned some shares...

Needless to say, never found any evidence of hacking regardless of some conspiracy theories on the Internet floating around back in the dayz... Wink

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 08:44:41 PM »

Almost definitely this and / or some form of it data entry are for the final results. I think we can conclusively adopt that hypothesis when we got to "Deval Patrick won a precinct".
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 05:00:19 PM »

Somebody figured it out and Huron has reissued their official numbers

https://www.huron.boe.ohio.gov/wp-content/uploads/Huron-County-Amended-Official-Results-Primary-March-17-2020-Precinct-by-Precinct-1.pdf

Biden wins every precinct and wins 72.5% county wide--basically like the surrounding counties. 

The link for the original "official results" still works, so you can compare the before and after.  Whatever the issue, it seems to have gone beyond some kind of ballot rotation issue as the number of votes by precinct fluctuated up and down appreciably.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies