Bush comes up with five step plan to rebuild Iraq
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:32:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Bush comes up with five step plan to rebuild Iraq
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush comes up with five step plan to rebuild Iraq  (Read 1097 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2004, 10:27:55 AM »

I just heard this on the radio, so I don't have the details, but it appears that, at the urging of Bush, the National War College has finally developed a "five step" plan for rebuilding Iraq, turning over power and pulling at least most of our troops out of there.

I don't know the details, but I think that this will have a big possitive impact on Bush's poll numbers.  When is he set to make that speech?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 11:18:43 AM »

I just heard this on the radio, so I don't have the details, but it appears that, at the urging of Bush, the National War College has finally developed a "five step" plan for rebuilding Iraq, turning over power and pulling at least most of our troops out of there.

I don't know the details, but I think that this will have a big possitive impact on Bush's poll numbers.  When is he set to make that speech?

8 pm tonight at the Army War College in Carlisle, PA. Carried live by MSNBC, CNN and FNC that I know about.

Well, that makes sense then.  Thanks.
Mort from NewYawk
MortfromNewYawk

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 11:20:03 AM »

I'm hopeful that the Bush team is about demonstrate how American power is used for good in the world - not by holding and occupying, not by increasing troop strength, but by handing off to those citizens hungry enough for freedom that they will  partner with us in opposing fundamentalist terrorism with their own lives.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/international/AP-UN-Iraq.html?hp
NHPolitico

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 11:52:01 AM »

An exit strategy? It's about time.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 04:14:56 AM »

From what I cna gather, these are the steps Bush is taking.

Step 1: Find a country where the people will greet us with flowers.

Step 2: Invade their country, be greeted with flowers.

Step 3: Alienate all the people in said country by promising them democracy, then handing power to a State Department bureaucrat.

Step 4: Take the Ba'athist generals you just deposed and give them all the positions of authority while you ignore moderate clerics and persecute anti-Saddam exiles.

Step 5: Lose the election to Kerry.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies