Libertarian Presidential nomination (5/21-5/24) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:34:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Libertarian Presidential nomination (5/21-5/24) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Libertarian Presidential nomination (5/21-5/24)  (Read 5146 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: May 21, 2020, 09:21:24 PM »

Any bets as to who wins? My gut says Jim Gray.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 09:54:43 PM »

Hot take: Vermin Supreme would do the best in the general election.

With all the big names gone, it's now a cold take. Name ID + meme factor + crossover appeal is is the recipe for maximising Libertarian success this time.
You know who would be a great candidate? Take Justin Amash’s views and put them into Andrew Yangs body. Libertarian Andrew Yang would be a really funny.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 08:06:56 AM »

Slightly OT:

Does anybody have a clip or remember that Libertarian PRES Debate from ('12?) where one the candidates did this huge shtick about how somehow freedom is the "right to defend your marijuana plantations with machine guns"?

I might be slight misremembering the exact quote, but it was a noteworthy LBT debate.

It might have also been the same one, where the guy stripped down to his underwear onstage....

Anyways.... would love to see someone refresh my memory, since naturally LBT PRES debates are frequently extremely interesting, and again regret that I missed the 2020 Debate.    Sad

Not a Mockinjay here, but rather I appreciate 3rd Parties trying to keep the Major Parties honest, while simultaneously, not getting the proper coverage for the two major political parties....

You're thinking of 2016, where the guy stripped on stage. The quote was from Austin Petersen, something along the lines of, "I want to watch my gay neighbors defend their marijuana plants with machine guns".

And here's a link to the debate you missed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KC6sTITu6E
I watched the LNC stripper on live CSPAN. I was screaming and laughing  so loudly that my roommates came in to watch.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 06:53:22 PM »

Go Chafee!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 08:13:10 PM »

It’s amazing how the party is on track to nominate an academic who was on the ticket the year i was born after previously nominating Barr, Johnson, and Weld on their ticket.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 08:22:10 PM »

Imagine going from nominating two former Governors to this.

In all fairness, she's a college professor at one of the most prestigious universities in the South, and has been active in the party for decades.

It's just that she's only a national nobody.
Yeah, she's not a bad pick for the party but in a year like this, you need someone like an Amash. Jo would have been a great Libertarian in 2004 or 2008, but not necessarily the best choice for 2012/2016/2020.

She's fine though. I only saw like ten minutes of the debates total, but she stood out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies