MI (Change Research) Biden +3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:23:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  MI (Change Research) Biden +3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI (Change Research) Biden +3  (Read 3412 times)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« on: May 26, 2020, 02:30:22 PM »

Change is trash, but this is quite interesting - Biden's margins grow a good amount when you add Klobuchar, or especially Harris into the mix as VP:

H2H:

Biden 49 - Trump 46

Biden/Whitmer 49 - Trump/Pence 47

Biden/Abrams 46 - Trump/Pence 48

Biden/Klobuchar 50 - Trump/Pence 45

Bden/Warren 47 - Trump/Pence 47

Biden/Harris 51 - Trump/Pence 43

Whitmer doing so poorly in her home state is surprising. It looks like she would not be a good VP pick. Harris doing so well is also surprising.

That said, I doubt the VP choice matters as much as this poll suggests it does.
No it's not Whitmer is not popular here.

She's popular according to these polls. https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/20/republican-men-views-coronavirus/5227671002/
That poll is not credible. No way in hell her disapproval is not higher than 40.Trust me I live here she is not popular. Everyone wants the gyms open. Also if you compare her #s to Cuomo, Dewine or almost any other governor they are lower. She will not be re-elected. 1 termer

"That poll is not credible. I'm against her, so there is no way in hell I am in the minority. Trust me..." JFC.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 02:51:51 PM »

Change is trash, but this is quite interesting - Biden's margins grow a good amount when you add Klobuchar, or especially Harris into the mix as VP:

H2H:

Biden 49 - Trump 46

Biden/Whitmer 49 - Trump/Pence 47

Biden/Abrams 46 - Trump/Pence 48

Biden/Klobuchar 50 - Trump/Pence 45

Bden/Warren 47 - Trump/Pence 47

Biden/Harris 51 - Trump/Pence 43

Whitmer doing so poorly in her home state is surprising. It looks like she would not be a good VP pick. Harris doing so well is also surprising.

That said, I doubt the VP choice matters as much as this poll suggests it does.
No it's not Whitmer is not popular here.

She's popular according to these polls. https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/20/republican-men-views-coronavirus/5227671002/
That poll is not credible. No way in hell her disapproval is not higher than 40.Trust me I live here she is not popular. Everyone wants the gyms open. Also if you compare her #s to Cuomo, Dewine or almost any other governor they are lower. She will not be re-elected. 1 termer
I think she & Governor Evers are the most likely Governors to lose in 2022 no matter if it's a Trump or Biden Midterm. Whitmer is a complete fluke just like Senator Heitkamp was in ND.

Do you have anything to base such a ridiculous claim on? How, in any way, does Whitmer compare to  Heitkamp? Were 2002 and 2006 also flukes? Just any election outcome you don't like?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 04:43:30 PM »

I have friends who are more independent that like Trump. It's not just hardcore Repubs that like him. He wouldn't be doing so well with WWC if it was just Republicans. Those same friends are also do not like Whitmer. I agree with 2016 her election was a fluke. MI is trending R.

It wouldn't just be Whitmer's election that's a fluke then, it'd be the entire 2018 election in Michigan.   MI Dems also won the popular votes for both State Senate and State House, along with all statewide elections.
2018 was a fluke.

What are you basing this on? Michigan has been Democratic for YEARS up until 2016.

If anything, 2016 was a fluke.

If you ignore Democrats winning the presidential race all but once since 1992, holding both Senate seats since 2000, winning three of the last five gubernatorial races, winning the House of Representatives popular vote 10 of the last 14 elections, winning the State Senate popular vote in 2 of the last 4 races, AND winning the State House popular vote in 6 of the last 7 elections, then OBVIOUSLY 2018 was a fluke.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies