Kentucky (PPP): McConnell +3 on Generic D (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:21:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  Kentucky (PPP): McConnell +3 on Generic D (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kentucky (PPP): McConnell +3 on Generic D  (Read 2153 times)
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« on: May 26, 2020, 10:13:16 PM »

You people are insane.  This pandemic has put the entire country on its knees and Republicans are going to get wiped out left and right.  The entire party has covered for and enabled Trump since day 1 and they're dug-in with him now, especially Mitch. 

Keep in mind the virus hasn't even peaked yet in places like KY, AL, and MS.  Everyone thinks this is the second wave that has hit Alabama & other rural places this past week, but it isn't.  This is still the first wave.  NYC is not the entire country.  The rural South is about to get completely wrecked by this thing, and everyone is opening up their states like a bunch of morons.  McConnell and all of them will be held to account in November.  This will be a toss-up plain and simple.
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 02:53:18 PM »

New Poll: Kentucky Senator by Public Policy Polling on 2020-05-15

Summary: D: 44%, R: 47%, U: 9%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 03:04:32 PM »

You people are insane.  This pandemic has put the entire country on its knees and Republicans are going to get wiped out left and right. The entire party has covered for and enabled Trump since day 1 and they're dug-in with him now, especially Mitch. 

Keep in mind the virus hasn't even peaked yet in places like KY, AL, and MS.  Everyone thinks this is the second wave that has hit Alabama & other rural places this past week, but it isn't.  This is still the first wave.  NYC is not the entire country.  The rural South is about to get completely wrecked by this thing, and everyone is opening up their states like a bunch of morons.  McConnell and all of them will be held to account in November.  This will be a toss-up plain and simple.

What evidence do you have for this? Trump's approval ratings have receded somewhat since the pandemic began, but they are still hovering in the lower to mid 40s, where they have been throughout most of his presidency. The Republican base is blaming Democrats and the mainstream media for what they perceive as an "overblown" crisis, and their staunch support for Trump has only been reinforced in the meantime. Moreover, current polls suggest that while Trump is trailing Biden, he is nowhere close to getting "blown out". Like I've said before, this country is too polarized for Trump to lose by a landslide margin.

I've also explained before that Beshear's victory last year in Kentucky doesn't tell us anything about this race, and McGrath is not the strongest candidate Democrats could have put up against McConnell. She'll be lucky to come within single digits, much less win. And if even "Generic Democrat" cannot beat McConnell, then nobody can. As of right now, this race is still Safe Republican.

Except actual data tells us that it's toss-up or lean-Republican at most.

As for the rest of your post, which is an opinion -- all I can do is remind you that unemployment is at Great Depression levels already, and the vast majority of the country hasn't been scratched by the coronavirus.  It's only just now starting to ramp up in rural areas.  In two weeks the numbers are going to explode and bring every state to its knees because of idiotic decision-making by leadership to open things back up.

As for what the Republican base believes? It's irrelevant.  The base has shrunk so much it's not representative of anything beyond former tea party fanatics and neonazis. Elections are almost always decided by the middle and that's still going to be the case in November when the country resembles West Africa circa late 2014.
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 04:05:52 PM »

lol the last person to win by double digits was Reagan in '84, so of course I'm not banking on Biden winning by 10%.  I think he could get 7-9% though.  As for the rest of the tl;dr, I'm not expecting a realignment election.  I think Biden is a sh** candidate and I'm personally going to be biting my lip when I vote for the freak.  But what it WILL be is a complete rejection of the Trump presidency, GOP leadership, and a show of desperation for a return of normalcy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies