More Bad News for the Republicans - New Gallup Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:26:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  More Bad News for the Republicans - New Gallup Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More Bad News for the Republicans - New Gallup Poll  (Read 1070 times)
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2006, 10:51:06 PM »

March 07, 2006

Democrats Stretch Lead in Vote for Congress
Fourteen-point Democratic lead is among the widest since 1994

http://poll.gallup.com/content/?ci=21793

GALLUP NEWS SERVICE

PRINCETON, NJ -- The latest CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll, conducted Feb. 28 to March 1, finds the Democrats holding a substantial lead over the Republicans as the party more registered voters currently support in this fall's elections for Congress. More than half of registered voters (53%) favor the Democratic candidate for the U.S. House in their district; only 39% favor the Republican.

Gallup's recent trends on this "generic ballot" question -- from October 2005 through early February 2006 -- found a smaller six- to seven-point lead for the Democrats. However, the current 14-point Democratic lead is similar to a 12-point Democratic lead recorded last August. It is also among the highest seen since the Republicans came into power more than a decade ago.

_____

The elections are still several months away, but this is a good indicator that people are getting fed up with the Republican culture of corruption.  Even the true conservatives are running for cover like rats leaving a sinking ship.

I'm more and more convinced that it will be Republicans, many of them of the true conservative and realist kind, who effectively will do in the Bush Administration.

I am reminded of the behavior of Richard Nixon in the 70's.  He realized that he was losing his middle-class, bourgeois base, and he knew when to call it quits on the Vietnam War and on his presidency after his crimes were exposed.

Unlike Nixon's crew, Bush's cabal seem willing to take the country down with them.  They are that desperate to hold onto power, deplete the treasury, pay off their corporate friends, carry out their ideological revolution - and keep themselves out of the federal slammer.

I am wondering if we shouldn't expect something very bad to happen to the US soon.  Forbodings of doom flash through my mind now.  It is a dangerous time.

fb

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies