2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Wisconsin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:48:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Wisconsin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Wisconsin  (Read 41091 times)
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.00, S: 6.00

« on: June 26, 2020, 03:48:04 AM »

6-2 map.
1. Trump+13
2.  Clinton+38
3.  Trump+13
4.  Clinton+52
5.  Trump+20
6.  Trump+15
7.  Trump+15
8.  Trump+17
Walker wins the 6 Trump districts too.  Vukmir wins 4. 
All Republican incumbents should be safe, and Rep Kind is not necessarily DOA, he overperforms by a lot, but a serious challenge in just a neutral year could be enough to defeat him.  After all, Walker won his district by 8 on this map.  Baldwin only won it by 5. 
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 05:50:59 PM »

How permissible, or for that matter doable, would it be to combine Dane and Waukesha counties , of course including Jefferson as well? Those Three Counties would surely be well over the population of a single District, but County splits are apparently permissible. Just thinking out loud.
lol no.

Yeah, something like this would be better:

I like it in theory, but those blue and yellow districts appear seriously underpopulated.

EDIT: one could perhaps balance out the blue District somewhat my taking in more of South Milwaukee as the orange District appears somewhat overpopulated, but it appears that the district would probably have to take in most if not all of Walworth County to even out.

Just ignore the SE districts, I mainly wanted to show what you could do with WI-02 and then in return WI-03.
Driftless should be compact
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 09:25:34 PM »

An incumbent protection map.  Steil gets a Trump+12 seat and I draw Kind the bluest seat I could realistically draw without cracking Dane County.  It is now only Trump+2 and votes Dem in all the other elections there is data for on DRA.  D+2 CPVI (2012/2016).  While trends will probably eventually flip this seat, at least it gives Dems a fighting chance.  A fair map would move WI-1 left and WI-3 right but to protect incumbents I did the opposite. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies