2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: California
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:30:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: California
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 79
Author Topic: 2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: California  (Read 92412 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: August 08, 2020, 03:33:02 PM »

Final 6 are chosen.

Huge win for the good guys!
Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.
ok so you admit yoou don't even want Cali to have nonpartisan maps
I don't want any state to have non-partisan maps. I think Republicans need eradicated. That has nothing to do with the maps I've drawn, however. My map will probably be more favorable to the GOP than the final map for CA.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1151 on: August 08, 2020, 03:39:28 PM »

Will CA-25 be less Republican on the 2022 map?
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1152 on: August 08, 2020, 03:41:34 PM »

Assuming a Santa Clarita based district, Doubtful, not that it really matters. The D trend is too strong.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1153 on: August 08, 2020, 03:43:28 PM »

Assuming a Santa Clarita based district, Doubtful, not that it really matters. The D trend is too strong.
What might the Santa Clarita district be like, similar to the current one?
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1154 on: August 08, 2020, 03:47:04 PM »

Either similar to the current one or more heavily Ventura based. Could even dip into the SFV.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1155 on: August 08, 2020, 03:52:10 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2020, 03:57:24 PM by ERM64man »

Either similar to the current one or more heavily Ventura based. Could even dip into the SFV.
Did you also say there's a good chance Garden Grove and Cypress will be paired with Huntington Beach in CA-47 similar to this? My CA-44 is the equivalent of CA-47.

SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1156 on: August 08, 2020, 04:00:24 PM »

Did you also say there's a good chance Garden Grove and Cypress will be paired with Huntington Beach in CA-47 similar to this? My CA-44 is the equivalent of CA-47.

I suspect Huntington will be paired with Costa Mesa.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1157 on: August 08, 2020, 04:13:46 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2020, 04:24:43 PM by lfromnj »

Final 6 are chosen.

Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.
I don't want any state to have non-partisan maps. I think Republicans need eradicated. That has nothing to do with the maps I've drawn, however. My map will probably be more favorable to the GOP than the final map for CA.
Pls tell me how the final map can be more unfavorable than your map?
I think u had 4 districts. Cant cut mccarthy or your calvert hunter double bunks. I guess you could cut ca 1 due to pop loss arguably but even then ca 4s is the fastest growing district and those 2 seats dont have any vra seat excuses.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.00, S: 6.00

« Reply #1158 on: August 08, 2020, 04:19:52 PM »

Final 6 are chosen.

Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.
end democracy?
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1159 on: August 08, 2020, 05:06:22 PM »

Final 6 are chosen.

Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.
I think u had 4 districts. Cant cut mccarthy or your calvert hunter double bunks. I guess you could cut ca 1 due to pop loss arguably but even then ca 4s is the fastest growing district and those 2 seats dont have any vra seat excuses.
My map has a decent number of swing seats. A good gerrymander will be 47-5 or 48-4, and solidly so.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1160 on: August 08, 2020, 05:11:46 PM »

Final 6 are chosen.

Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.
My map has a decent number of swing seats. A good gerrymander will be 47-5 or 48-4, and solidly so.
even the 538 dem gerrymander has 6 gop seats.  Also, answer my question.  You said the GOP must be eradicated.  Do you want to end democracy?  Yes or no
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1161 on: August 08, 2020, 05:14:28 PM »

Final 6 are chosen.

Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.
even the 538 dem gerrymander has 6 gop seats.  Also, answer my question.  You said the GOP must be eradicated.  Do you want to end democracy?  Yes or no
No.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1162 on: August 08, 2020, 05:16:42 PM »

Final 6 are chosen.

Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.

Well some of them are in orange county which has to have a few swing seats. Outside of that you split Sacramento to cancel the Sacramento swingish seat. I think one of your CV districts is swingish but a gerrymander wouldn't be able to fix that as they would have to baconstrip from some other area. Show me which swing seats a D gerrymander would attempt to eliminate.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1163 on: August 08, 2020, 05:24:11 PM »

Final 6 are chosen.

Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.

Well some of them are in orange county which has to have a few swing seats. Outside of that you split Sacramento to cancel the Sacramento swingish seat. I think one of your CV districts is swingish but a gerrymander wouldn't be able to fix that as they would have to baconstrip from some other area. Show me which swing seats a D gerrymander would attempt to eliminate.

Orange County can easily be made entirely safe Dem.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1164 on: August 08, 2020, 05:24:59 PM »

Final 6 are chosen.

Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.

Would that be a fair map or not?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1165 on: August 08, 2020, 05:25:16 PM »

Final 6 are chosen.

Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.

Not after the Latino district is made, you can maybe put long beach with western Orange county beaches to take care of that but still got the SE beaches.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1166 on: August 08, 2020, 05:27:55 PM »

Final 6 are chosen.

Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.

Not after the Latino district is made, you can maybe put long beach with western Orange county beaches to take care of that but still got the SE beaches.
Those beaches can be paired with La Jolla to be safe D.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1167 on: August 08, 2020, 05:29:13 PM »

Final 6 are chosen.

Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.

Those beaches can be paired with La Jolla to be safe D.
Exactly. You can make California safe 48-3 pretty easily tbh.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1168 on: August 08, 2020, 05:31:08 PM »

Final 6 are chosen.

Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.

Exactly. You can make California 48-3 pretty easily tbh.
Dana Point-La Jolla is safe D. Where do you think Garden Grove and Cypress will go in 2022? You don't think it will be that crappy uncompact Long Beach district that dilutes the power of Long Beach Latinos and OC Democrats, do you?
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1169 on: August 08, 2020, 05:32:37 PM »

Final 6 are chosen.

Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.

Dana Point-La Jolla is safe D. Where do you think Garden Grove and Cypress will go in 2022? You don't think it will be that crappy uncompact Long Beach district that dilutes the power of Long Beach Latinos and OC Democrats, do you?

No, it'll go with either Norwalk or Fullerton.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1170 on: August 08, 2020, 05:37:53 PM »

Final 6 are chosen.

Woo are the "good guys"
Democrats, obviously.

No, it'll go with either Norwalk or Fullerton.
Garden Grove-Norwalk doesn't make sense. Garden Grove-Buena Park-Fullerton makes sense for Asian representation. Would Garden Grove-Huntington Beach make sense too? I did it for compactness and clean lines of the end cities, which are kept whole. Malibu-Palos Verdes on the current map doesn't make sense. Might Malibu go with Thousand Oaks?
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1171 on: August 08, 2020, 05:39:26 PM »

not possible to make OC all safe D.  You can make all Clinton seats, but a Romney seat could go red post Trump in a midterm, and Romney won OC.  Also, the Latino seat packs Dems.  Without a baconmander, there needs to be 2-3 red or competitive seats in OC.  The swing seats can lean D, but all safe is is out of the question
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1172 on: August 08, 2020, 05:42:54 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2020, 06:04:38 PM by ERM64man »

not possible to make OC all safe D.  You can make all Clinton seats, but a Romney seat could go red post Trump in a midterm, and Romney won OC.  Also, the Latino seat packs Dems.  Without a baconmander, there needs to be 2-3 red or competitive seats in OC.  The swing seats can lean D, but all safe is is out of the question
CA-39 (Hacienda Heights-Whittier-Norwalk-Fullerton). CA-45 (Irvine-Orange-Fullerton-whiter Santa Ana Neighborhoods) CA-47 (Long Beach-Buena Park), CA-48 (Costa Mesa-Garden Grove-Irvine-Huntington Beach). CA-46 (Santa Ana VRA). CA-49 (Dana Point-La Jolla).
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1173 on: August 08, 2020, 06:30:30 PM »

CA-39 (Hacienda Heights-Whittier-Norwalk-Fullerton). CA-45 (Irvine-Orange-Fullerton-whiter Santa Ana Neighborhoods) CA-47 (Long Beach-Buena Park), CA-48 (Costa Mesa-Garden Grove-Irvine-Huntington Beach). CA-46 (Santa Ana VRA). CA-49 (Dana Point-La Jolla).
Irvine to Whittier is a baconmander, and the Huntington one might not be safe
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1174 on: August 08, 2020, 06:41:55 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2020, 06:47:46 PM by ERM64man »

Irvine to Whittier is a baconmander, and the Huntington one might not be safe
I didn't say "Whittier", I said "whiter Santa Ana neighborhoods" (this means plurality-Hispanic, plurality-white, and majority-white precincts in Santa Ana; these are mostly near the Santa Ana-Orange boundaries). It's easy to gerrymander Orange County to make every district safe D without drawing bacon strips.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies