2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: California
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:13:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: California
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 79
Author Topic: 2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: California  (Read 89082 times)
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: August 08, 2020, 08:29:13 PM »

I made three Emerald Coast maps. Which one do you like the best?

Left: CA-01, open
Center: CA-01, Doug LaMalfa
Right: CA-01, Mike Thompson

Don稚 really like any of them to be honest
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1176 on: August 08, 2020, 08:49:44 PM »

But you separate Del Norte from Humboldt just because they vote differently. They should always go together. My map on the right is pretty traditional.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1177 on: August 08, 2020, 09:06:03 PM »

But you separate Del Norte from Humboldt just because they vote differently. They should always go together. My map on the right is pretty traditional.
No I didn稚 go back and look at my most recent one I moved Del Norte back with Humboldt
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1178 on: August 08, 2020, 09:09:18 PM »

No I didn稚 go back and look at my most recent one I moved Del Norte back with Humboldt
Where did you put Inyo and Mono? They need to go together with either Victorville or Bakersfield.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1179 on: August 09, 2020, 02:12:13 AM »

Left or right. No reason to split Humboldt and Mendocino.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1180 on: August 09, 2020, 08:02:22 AM »

Left or right. No reason to split Humboldt and Mendocino.
Is the one on the left or right better? Left is more compact, but right is more traditional.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1181 on: August 10, 2020, 02:48:24 PM »

Where did you put Inyo and Mono? They need to go together with either Victorville or Bakersfield.
I put them with San Bernardino County like the current 8th is. Going back to the previous question it makes sense to do CA-2 with Del Norte, Mendocino, Humboldt and then part of Sonoma and Lake. Ideally with the current numbers you can make a district with all of Del Norte, Mendocino, Humboldt and Sonoma, but then you would need to have Marin county connect with Contra Costa and I don't really think those should go together. Really the 2nd district should not go that far inland in your case what you have labelled the 1st.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1182 on: August 10, 2020, 04:58:08 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2020, 08:08:14 PM by ERM64man »

This configuration is more traditional. I don't want to connect Marin and Contra Costa. Maybe CA-01 shouldn't go this far inland ideally, but Garamendi's district is the easiest to eliminate in NorCal. My CA-01 is very similar to many other Atlasian maps of that district. My CA-03 (CA-04 equivalent) fits very well with my CA-22 (CA-23 equivalent). Are compact double digit Clinton districts sufficient for the two Central Valley VRAs?

Central Valley Hispanic districts:
CA-18 (access), Clinton +8
CA-19 (VRA), Fresno: Clinton +13
CA-20 (VRA), Bakersfield: Clinton +13

MAPZZ
Rookie
« Reply #1183 on: August 11, 2020, 01:10:24 AM »

This configuration is more traditional. I don't want to connect Marin and Contra Costa. Maybe CA-01 shouldn't go this far inland ideally, but Garamendi's district is the easiest to eliminate in NorCal. My CA-01 is very similar to many other Atlasian maps of that district. My CA-03 (CA-04 equivalent) fits very well with my CA-22 (CA-23 equivalent). Are compact double digit Clinton districts sufficient for the two Central Valley VRAs?

Central Valley VRA districts:
CA-19, Fresno: Clinton +11
CA-20, Bakersfield: Clinton +13

Really like your take on NorCal so far. Marin + and the remainder of Sonoma county will be the perfect size for another district too.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1184 on: August 11, 2020, 09:44:49 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2020, 08:06:26 PM by ERM64man »

My Emerald Coast, eastern Sierra Nevada, and Jefferson districts, work with my Central Valley and Marin County. I got compact Latino Clinton +13 districts in Fresno and Bakersfield (CA-19 and CA-20) and a compact Clinton +8 Fresno Latino access district (CA-18). In San Diego, I did the VRA and Escondido, which are both compact. Any idea on who might take the open seat in CA-49?

Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1185 on: August 11, 2020, 10:18:16 PM »

CA-18 (access), Clinton +7

I took a closer look at my NorCal districts and came up with these two options.
Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 1 is a take on the old 52 district map and I think it goes together well and either way Glenn and Colusa should go with Tehama and Shasta.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1186 on: August 11, 2020, 10:32:30 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2020, 01:27:24 PM by ERM64man »

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 1 is a take on the old 52 district map and I think it goes together well and either way Glenn and Colusa should go with Tehama and Shasta.
How did you draw them? That looks interesting.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1187 on: August 12, 2020, 05:25:39 AM »

option 2 looks better to me. Bacon-stripping northern California like that is kind of unideal.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1188 on: August 12, 2020, 07:24:50 AM »

thoughts on this arrangement?
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1189 on: August 12, 2020, 08:17:52 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2020, 01:52:06 PM by ERM64man »

Mendocino needs to go with Humboldt. The Emerald Coast needs to be kept together.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1190 on: August 12, 2020, 02:51:35 PM »

option 2 looks better to me. Bacon-stripping northern California like that is kind of unideal.
It's not bacon stripping it's taking the Lake Tahoe Alpine area and extending it North on the other side of the mountains and it keeps all those counties whole.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1191 on: August 12, 2020, 02:59:52 PM »

CA-18 (access), Clinton +7

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 2 is pretty close to ideal IMO.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1192 on: August 12, 2020, 03:00:20 PM »

Option 1:

Option 2:

How did you draw them? That looks interesting.
The idea was to make a Lake Tahoe centered district with El Dorado, Placer and Nevada while making another that took in Shasta Trinity and Butte that surrounds the North I-5 corridor.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1193 on: August 12, 2020, 03:03:11 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2020, 03:09:52 PM by ERM64man »

It's not bacon stripping it's taking the Lake Tahoe Alpine area and extending it North on the other side of the mountains and it keeps all those counties whole.
The split of Amador is ugly. There shouldn't be a narrow connection from Amador to Sacramento. That is uncompact. My Huntington Beach and Orange County VRA are compact.

Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1194 on: August 12, 2020, 03:22:28 PM »

The split of Amador is ugly. There shouldn't be a narrow connection from Amador to Sacramento. That is uncompact. My Huntington Beach and Orange County VRA are compact.

Huntington Beach should be with Newport Beach
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1195 on: August 12, 2020, 03:31:02 PM »

Where do you put Garden Grove? You don't put it with Long Beach, do you? That would pack demographically different OC Democrats into an LA County district.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1196 on: August 12, 2020, 03:52:10 PM »

revised northern california
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1197 on: August 12, 2020, 03:54:02 PM »

The Emerald Coast should not be connected to Shasta, Butte or anything East of that. Also El Dorado should be with Placer.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1198 on: August 12, 2020, 03:57:02 PM »

Where do you put Garden Grove? You don't put it with Long Beach, do you? That would pack demographically different OC Democrats into an LA County district.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1199 on: August 12, 2020, 04:07:23 PM »

I put it with Cerritos and Buena Park
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies