Keys to the White House Spin Off Game for which election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:37:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Keys to the White House Spin Off Game for which election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which would you like to see for a Spin-off?
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Keys to the White House Spin Off Game for which election?  (Read 845 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2020, 07:00:17 PM »

So, Recently, JacksonHitchock's Keys to the White House Game has shown to be somewhat popular among a lot of players here and I've also taken in some interest for it. As a community driven poll so everyone knows, which of these elections would you like to see as a start for another series like Keys to the White House?

1) 1912 Election : The Election where we first saw Presidential Primaries happen, even if they didn't give an eventual Nominee and it was still decided at the conventions for the next 60 years, was also the election before the 17th Amendment was ratified, allowing the direct elections of Senators. Whether or not Wilson, Taft, and T. Roosevelt runs is up to the person in charge of the game.

2) 1916 Election : United States on the verge of WW1 entrance, a time of interesting moments and was even more interesting with the progressive era soon petering out and bringing in the conservative decade of the 20s. Like I said, whether Hughes runs or not is up to Game Manager.

3) 1920 Election : First Election of the roaring twenties and a return to normalcy as a backlash against Wilson's ideas. up to the GM if the OTL Nominees run or not.

4) 1924 Election : Generally agreed to be one of the most boring cycles in the American Election due to the obvious outcome, it could still give some interesting results down ballot.

5) 1940 Election : America before joining WW2 and just starting to claw its way out of the Great Depression, leading to FDR eventually winning a third and later fourth term before dying in office. Would be up to the GM if FDR runs for Term 3 or not, but could yield interesting results.

What does the community think should be the election chosen for a KttWH spin off game?

Also, general note : I highly, highly recommend to the person who decides to start this spin off game or start a new political game to wait until A Nation At A Crossroads is either just about or completely finished, so the already limited community isn't stretched thin.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 07:53:13 PM »

My vote is on 1912, but i wouldn't be unhappy with any of these options. Expect for perhaps 1924.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 07:57:57 PM »

My vote is on 1912, but i wouldn't be unhappy with any of these options. Expect for perhaps 1924.

Due to how boring 1924 was politically speaking in general?
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 08:00:30 PM »

Due to how boring 1924 was politically speaking in general?

Yes i basically agree with what you wrote about it. The down ballot races could however be interesting in some cases, it is still my least preferred option however.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 05:20:06 PM »

1940 please
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 01:34:21 PM »

It looks like 1912 has barely won the poll so for future reference, this seems to be the election that players would like to see.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies