By how much would Pete Buttigieg lead Trump right now ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:58:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  By how much would Pete Buttigieg lead Trump right now ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: By how much would Pete Buttigieg lead Trump right now ?  (Read 1280 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2020, 06:12:47 PM »

He would be tied or ahead by 2 pts on average.

Buttigieg has issues with Black/Hispanic/even Asian voters, sure they'll coalesce if he was the nominee but I wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of them might look to even the cheeto as an option if he was the nominee.

Also while I think the country is more accepting of homosexuality than it has ever been, there's always going to be some sectors of even Dem voters that aren't comfortable with a gay candidate even in 2020. This will probably be a lot of foreign-born voters, very religious Black/Hispanic voters, elderly voters. 
When?
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2020, 06:13:05 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2020, 06:18:59 PM by When? »

Agree with everyone else. Pete would be one of the weaker candidates, probably only stronger than Warren and maybe Bloomberg if we're only counting major candidates. (I don't really know how Bloomberg would have played in a GE since there's really no recent examples of parties nominating presidential candidates so out of line with the rest of the party.

“Out of line” perhaps because he has supported GOP candidates in the past, but his platform was solidly progressive and not “out of line” with the Democratic Party at all (like all of the other Democratic candidates who ran for president this year, he’d be the most left wing president in American history).
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2020, 06:38:15 PM »

He would be tied or ahead by 2 pts on average.

Agree.
More closer to a tied situation, than up 2.
Where is this "he would be leading by 15 points" even coming from. That is way out there in left-field.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2020, 07:20:14 PM »

Buttigieg has issues with Black/Hispanic/even Asian voters, sure they'll coalesce if he was the nominee but I wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of them might look to even the cheeto as an option if he was the nominee.

I doubt President KKK would appeal to nonwhite voters after all this mass catastrophe, but my bigger fear is that many of us would just stay home with a Buttigieg nomination.  Nonwhite turnout would be a big problem with Mayor Pete.  For instance, he could be winning black voters 90%-9%, but that means much less if only 55% turn out.  (As a point of reference, Obama had 65% black turnout in 2008 and 67% in 2012.  Hillary had 60% in 2016).
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2020, 08:18:01 PM »

Right Now 5/9/20???

*** Give me a Parallel Universe and expect me to extrapolate a loaded question as to "By how much would Pete Buttigieg lead Trump right now ?***

Trump would likely lead by 4-6% over Buttigieg.

Assuming that Pete were to somehow have become the DEM Candidate for PRES by this point, which again defies reality despite his early FAV results in IA & NH...

It would be difficult to see Mayor Pete consolidating the DEM Party behind him as effectively, but even assuming this would have occurred somewhat successfully, Pence would have been deployed to "curb stomp" Indiana and the Upper Midwest....

Trump has been attacking Biden for "hiding in his basement", imagine how this would work if a relatively unknown American Political figure, whose resume basically includes being a Mayor of a relatively small City, where even there he had some significant issues among the Citizens within the Community?

IDK the alt reality scenarios right now in the days of COVID-19, but despite Trump's bungled and inept response to the initial outbreak, still finding it difficult to imagine how Mayor Pete would be leading Trump at this point, and most likely tracking at minimum a few points behind.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies