CO election official felt pressured by state GOP chair into submitting incorrect election results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:19:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO election official felt pressured by state GOP chair into submitting incorrect election results
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO election official felt pressured by state GOP chair into submitting incorrect election results  (Read 386 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2020, 08:12:03 PM »
« edited: May 08, 2020, 08:15:39 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Colorado election official says he felt pressured by state GOP chair into submitting incorrect election results.

A dispute over a Colorado state Senate candidate's effort to get on a primary ballot has led a local election official to allege that US Rep. Ken Buck, who also chairs the state's Republican Party, was pressuring him to submit incorrect election results -- and says he has the audio to prove it.

Buck, however, has said he was merely asking the official to carry out the state Republican Party's position that technical issues at a March party assembly meeting had derailed a key vote, though a district court judge later said the candidate should not be on the ballot.

The argument is over who will represent the Republican Party in the race to fill a term-limited seat in Colorado's State Senate District 10. Two Republicans, state Rep. Larry Liston and Republican activist David Stiver, are vying for it. Each needed to receive 30% of the vote from Republicans within the district at an assembly meeting in late March in order to make the primary ballot.

Liston met the threshold, while Stiver didn't.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/05/08/politics/ken-buck-colorado-state-senate-election/index.html

(Mods. If this has been posted elsewhere, please feel free to merge or delete. Or if in the wrong place, to move it.)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 08:14:48 PM »

You need to read the full story.
It has quoted references to exactly what this GOP chairman was saying, and how he was pressuring this election official to basically commit fraud, and be damned with how the law works to put candidates on the ballot.

F***ing incredible.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 08:41:01 PM »

Sadly, the chair (Ken Buck) has no primary opponent and the seat is safe R.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 11:42:28 PM »

Correct me if Im wrong, but wasn't Ken Buck the GOP nominee for Senate or Governor at some point I wanna say he ran against Bennett in 2010. Anywho he is an awful person and hopefully loses a primary challenge at some point to a more (if there are any left) sane Republicans, because the entirety of the GOP isn't bad, but people like Ken Buck are apart of the growing consensus.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 11:46:57 PM »

Is anybody in Colorado at all shocked that Ken Buck is involved in election fraud?
I know I’m not.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 11:58:39 PM »

Correct me if Im wrong, but wasn't Ken Buck the GOP nominee for Senate or Governor at some point I wanna say he ran against Bennett in 2010. Anywho he is an awful person and hopefully loses a primary challenge at some point to a more (if there are any left) sane Republicans, because the entirety of the GOP isn't bad, but people like Ken Buck are apart of the growing consensus.

Yes Buck won a Senate primary as an insurgent GOP challenger to an establishment (Lt. Gov) Republican and then he fumbled away a very winnable race because, among other things, he said some sexist nonsense about his female primary opponent that was very easy to weaponize against him. Just one of many idiotic movement conservative candidates who cost Republicans some of the most winnable contested Senate seats of the decade.

I forget the specifics but there's some story about Schumer being upset at Bill Ritter (who tapped Bennet) for selecting a guarantee dead-ender candidate who could never win.

Anyway Buck is scum and is quick to allege vote fraud from his opponents. Nothing about this case is surprising.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies