What will be Sabato's final Presidential and Senate forecasts on election day?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:32:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What will be Sabato's final Presidential and Senate forecasts on election day?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What will be Sabato's final Presidential and Senate forecasts on election day?  (Read 583 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2020, 08:56:10 PM »
« edited: May 03, 2020, 09:04:48 PM by ProgressiveModerate »

It seems like every time Sabato has updated ratings so far it's been in favor of Democrats in both the presidential and senate levels. Sabato is usually pretty accurate (Except for in 2016 which everyone got wrong) They got IN and MO right in 2018. 2014 and 2012 were both pretty accurate. What will be their final forecasts for the presidential and senate elections (they never use tossups on their final forecasts which I like). Typically Sabato seems to be the generic result if no suprises happen.
jake_arlington

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 10:14:07 PM »

It seems like every time Sabato has updated ratings so far it's been in favor of Democrats in both the presidential and senate levels. Sabato is usually pretty accurate (Except for in 2016 which everyone got wrong) They got IN and MO right in 2018. 2014 and 2012 were both pretty accurate. What will be their final forecasts for the presidential and senate elections (they never use tossups on their final forecasts which I like). Typically Sabato seems to be the generic result if no suprises happen.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 01:30:00 AM »

MI isnt going R with Whitmer and her high approvals
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 05:23:18 AM »
« Edited: May 04, 2020, 05:31:31 AM by Special K »

President

I think Sabato will be more cautious this year seeing how 2016 went, but ultimately his prediction will be a Biden win.

Senate

On the other hand, I see him making bold predictions with the senate, especially in Montana and Kansas and moving Alabama to a strong Republican shade of red.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 07:15:53 AM »

President

I think Sabato will be more cautious this year seeing how 2016 went, but ultimately his prediction will be a Biden win.

Senate

On the other hand, I see him making bold predictions with the senate, especially in Montana and Kansas and moving Alabama to a strong Republican shade of red.

I think the presidential map will look like that, maybe give or take NC, FL, and GA.

In the Senate, AL will be Likely R (since he almost never puts races with incumbents as Safe for the challenging party), NM will be Safe D, KS will be Lean R, and GA Special will be rated Leans Runoff like the 2018 governor's race was.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 07:52:22 AM »

The EC battleground map will be solidified, and Dems pickup AZ, CO, ME and NC and lose AL, Rs arent holding Dems down in PA/WI and MI for 2 straight elections.  We dont know the rest of the story

PA isnt R version of VA and will vote for Biden.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 07:54:34 AM »

President

Senate

I think the presidential map will look like that, maybe give or take NC, FL, and GA.

In the Senate, AL will be Likely R (since he almost never puts races with incumbents as Safe for the challenging party), NM will be Safe D, KS will be Lean R, and GA Special will be rated Leans Runoff like the 2018 governor's race was.
He (correctly) put PA-GOV 2014 as Safe D.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 07:55:46 AM »

Whatever it is, I imagine VA and NM will be something other than Safe D despite all evidence to the contrary.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 08:05:42 AM »

President

Senate

He (correctly) put PA-GOV 2014 as Safe D.

I think that he'll be cautious in the senate this time around, at least early on because last time the senate was up in a presidential year, Ds got wayy too far ahead of themselves early on. I think it'll take a lot to move CO to likely D, for example, because in 2016, at one point he had WI as likely D, and in the end, Feingold ended up loosing by a few points. He had IN as lean D at one point which was wayy too optimistic knowing IN state politics, and Bayh lost by like 10 points. PA was lean D for most of te cycle, and it ended up being a GOP hold. In the presidential forecasts, I think that they'll be much more careful this time and keep the ratings more or less as they are throughout the cycle and change them last minute if needed
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 09:03:21 AM »

The floodgates are open, since Trump is about to lose IA, a tsunami will begin, with 20% unemployment. Ernst isnt Grassley and she only won in 2014 off the back of Terry Branstad and Kim Reynolds.  Tough time running without them on the ticket and it's not a midterm
S019ian Liberal
Beacon

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 10:20:22 PM »

It's not solely a you thing, it's a "them" thing too!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies