Rate Missouri
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:46:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rate Missouri
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Rate Missouri for Governor in 2020
Lean Parson
Likely Parson
Safe Parson
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Rate Missouri  (Read 2280 times)
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2020, 09:59:47 PM »
« edited: May 06, 2020, 10:08:17 PM by MarkD »

In terms of the poll in the OP, I vote Likely Parson. That is, I think Parson likely will win the GOP primary by a margin narrower than Galloway will win the Democratic primary. State Rep. Jim Neely and Saundra McDowell will probably take so many votes away from Parson in the primary that he will likely be under 75%, while Galloway will sweep her primary with a win greater than 75%. Then for the general election, I predict that Parson will likely win by a margin similar to Eric Greitens four years ago -- less than 6% margin.

Is there any reason to limit the discussion in this thread to just the gubernatorial race? I don't think so.

In the Lt. Gov's race, appointed incumbent Mike Kehoe will certainly win a full term, outperforming Parson by several points. The Dems who are running are nobodies. I recognize one of the names as a guy who has run for an office before, somewhere, but lost. I don't recognize the other name at all.

In the Secretary of State's race, incumbent Jay Ashcroft will very clearly win re-election by a landslide. The Dem who is running is another nobody.

In the Attorney General's race, two more nobodies are running for the Democratic nomination, and both very likely to lose by landslides in the general, so appointed incumbent Eric Schmitt will also outperform Parson. Schmitt won the Treasurer's race four years ago by a landslide, against a pretty credible opponent, so he will likely win another landslide.

I think the only race that will be potentially as close as the gubernatorial race will be for Treasurer. The appointed incumbent, Scott Fitzpatrick, a former state rep from SW Missouri, is untested as a statewide candidate, and has never run against a Democrat before. His Democrat opponent this year is former state rep Vicki Englund, a more formidable candidate for a statewide race than the Dems running for Lt. Gov., SoS, and AG. So the Treasurer's race I rate as just lean Republican.

In the state Senate, there are four interesting and potentially close races among the seventeen seats that are up for grabs. I foresee the Democrats gaining one more seat, maintaining their holds on districts 1 and 17 (the only seats they currently hold but could potentially lose), and picking up district 19 thanks to Judy Baker likely winning narrowly against incumbent Caleb Rowden. There is also going to be a closer race than usual in district 15, with incumbent Andrew Koenig facing a strong challenge from Deb Lavender. Districts 1, 15, 17, and 19 are definitely the ones to watch this November.

And in the state House, I can predict Democrats winning two or three more seats too, most likely in St. Louis suburbs. Potentially winnable seats for the Democrats include districts 65, 94, 106, and maybe one of the seats in Jefferson County.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2020, 02:35:37 PM »

Even if Biden gets within single digits, Galloway wouldn’t have had a chance this year. Safe R
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2020, 03:22:54 PM »

This is a perfect example of why we need more latinos in our country. More latinos means Democrats will be more competitive.

Latinos! Let them in!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2020, 03:36:06 PM »

Only Solid believes Galloway will win and Sununu will lose in NH.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2020, 12:16:25 PM »

Anyway, the committee was formed in preparation for 2024, not an indie run.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2020, 04:12:02 PM »

Safe R
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2020, 10:18:44 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2020, 10:22:10 PM by EastOfEden »

Anyway, the committee was formed in preparation for 2024, not an indie run.

lol. I can promise you that nothing will come of it. MO no longer wants anything to do with him.

Parson even commissioned a poll of himself vs. Greitens, just in case - he won easily.

Galloway can run against Blunt in 2022

If Kander couldn't beat him, no one can.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2020, 10:58:48 PM »

Titanium R
Pages: 1 [2]