Why current trends won’t last past 2028 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:06:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why current trends won’t last past 2028 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why current trends won’t last past 2028  (Read 2290 times)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 01, 2020, 03:53:34 PM »

So you made this thread simply for the purpose of saying “this is why the GOP will never allow Texas to become a swing state or blue state, tell me how I’m wrong”
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 07:58:33 PM »

Seems to me the obvious thing for the GOP to do is try and appeal more to black voters. If they got the numbers to 70-30 D or something, then they flip back Georgia and maybe Texas. Also, LOL at suggesting NY and IL could flip back before GA or TX. I mean, I'm bullish on trends and everything, but the numbers just aren't there. Clinton basically tied among whites in NY, IL, CT, and MN, so the GOP would have to win back whites and/or actually flip minorities, which just isn't happening.

The GOP actually could make inroads with all demographic groups if they moderated on healthcare, housing and infrastructure actually and if they did that they wouldn't need to use divisive cultural issues as much to get WWC to vote for them.

And the Democrats could similarly make inroads into Appalachia if they ditched their guns and environmental planks of the platform, but pretending like either of those things is ever going to happen is wishful thinking at best. So don't get your hops up on the GOP changing anything about their economic/healthcare agenda anytime soon when Trump of all people couldn't manage to do it despite campaigning explicitly on those things.

The Republican elite has no interest in any of those things ever happening, which is why it will never happen. Republicans won't go against their donors.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies