Why current trends won’t last past 2028 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:01:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why current trends won’t last past 2028 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why current trends won’t last past 2028  (Read 2329 times)
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« on: May 02, 2020, 05:40:47 PM »

The GOP will have to retool and there are 3 things it must do in such a retool:

- Move left on Healthcare : They should embrace a compulsory private system except with strict price regulations on providers and pharmaceuticals. So basically more of a Bismarck style system just without a Public Option

- Move to the left on Climate Change : Again you don’t need to support carbon taxes for this but be in favor of green infrastructure

- Actually do something on Housing

The GOP needs to talk about college debt and college tuition reform.  I'm 26, and to me it's  disgusting about how the GOP totally dismisses how much worse things are today compared to the 80s or even the 90s and the concerns of younger people generally.

As far as healthcare (a subject I'm no means an expert in) I think a medicare expansion that working and lower-middle class people can buy into is the simplest option.  Obviously, the PPACA is a garbage law but it's never going to get repealed (also reason 3,728 why John McCain was trash)

The GOP of the future should have a moderate approach to climate change and increase income tax rates on people making more than 500K a year. Perhaps make dividend gains taxable if it's a wealthy person's only source of income or more than a certain percentage of your income.  After the election Steve Bannon actually wanted the top marginal rate increased to "somewhere in the 40s".

As far as the states go I don't see Delaware flipping at all and even Connecticut is overly optimistic, but I think the GOP have a great shot at flipping Vermont by 2028-32.

Basically, the GOP must hold on to TX and keep NC and FL as pure swing states.  That's far easier than trying to flip Illinois, Oregon or New Jersey.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies