S.20.2-4: Leinad Did Dumb Things Act (Vetoed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:35:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.20.2-4: Leinad Did Dumb Things Act (Vetoed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: S.20.2-4: Leinad Did Dumb Things Act (Vetoed)  (Read 1650 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2020, 11:03:13 PM »
« edited: May 22, 2020, 11:59:41 AM by Fire and Fury »

A bill!

Section 1: Title
The Title of this bill will be known as the Leinad Did Dumb Things Act.

Section 2: Provisions
1: Executive Order 2 from the Leinad Administration is hereby reversed and will have no effect in the Southern Region.
2: Executive Order 4 from the Leinad Administration is hereby reversed and will have no effect in the Southern Region.
3: Executive Order 5 from the Leinad Administration is hereby reversed and will have no effect in the Southern Region.
4: Executive Order 6 from the Leinad Administration is hereby reversed and will have no effect in the Southern Region.
5: Executive Order 7 from the Leinad Administration is hereby reversed and will have no effect in the Southern Region.
6: Executive Order 8 from the Leinad Administration is hereby reversed and will have no effect in the Southern Region.

Section 3: Implementation
This bill will take effect immediately when signed into law.

Sponsor: YoungTexan

Debate to last 48 hours
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 11:23:26 PM »

before any debate starts here are Leinad's executive orders so everyone knows what this bill is about
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 12:24:00 AM »

Time for some useless holidays and far-left-leftist virtue signalling:

Quote from: EO.02
The first Friday after the fourth Thursday in November shall be known as "Capitalism Awareness Day." On that day the Southern Region will consider the damages caused by the illness that is capitalism, and everyone throughout the region is unofficially encouraged by the Leinad administration to ignore what their boss says. Being fired for offenses on this day will be officially greatly frowned upon, so will not giving employees raises.
Quote from: EO.04
The second Monday in October shall be known as "Indigenous People's Day." If we already did this, well, it will be celebrated double this time. That'll teach, uh, dead Europeans!
Quote from: EO.05
August 13th shall be known as "dfwlibertylover Day," to honor the former Governor of the Southern Region.
Quote from: EO.06
Statues of Confederate leaders in the Southern Region shall be decorated to look like popular 2000s rappers from the state the statue is in.
Quote from: EO.07
July 5th shall be known as "Freedom & Equality Day," to honor the fact that Ronald Reagan is dead.
Quote from: EO.08
The third Wednesday of every month shall be known as "Edgy Communism Wednesday." On that day the capital building of the Southern Region shall fly a hammer & sickle flag, and restaurant servers are encouraged to say "may I suggest trying: The Rich?" when taking an order.
Quote from: EO.09
December 13th shall be known as "Victims of Police Violence Awareness Day." On that day we will encourage police officers to serve and protect their community, and make sure those that don't are getting punished for their crimes. A law enforcement system is only as good as it is respected, and it will not be respected if it is abusive!

Could've done better with these, could've done better as Governor. Oh well. Time to go to bed. Love and peace, everyone!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 12:35:45 PM »

I support the repeal of some of these orders as they are capricious uses of executive power.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 02:31:47 PM »

I support the repeal of some of these orders as they are capricious uses of executive power.

Seconded.

Also, I ask the governor, do you stand by all of these executive orders? If there are some you don't agree with, I ask that you rescind them so the debate on Leinad's executive orders can be focused on the controversial orders only.
Jay 🏳️‍⚧️
trippytropicana
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 08:07:55 PM »

Thirded.

Many of these orders are outright outlandish and are grossly overstepping the bounds of executive power. Some are downright impractical and unfeasible to accomplish such as E.O. 6.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 09:49:32 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2020, 09:54:53 PM by MB »

I’m ok with repealing 6, 7, and 8. I’ll veto if 4 or 5 are repealed.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 10:05:07 PM »

I’m ok with repealing 6, 7, and 8. I’ll veto if 4 or 5 are repealed.

Fair enough.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 11:38:54 PM »

Repealing Order 4 is a bad idea, there's nothing wrong with celebrating indigenous peoples' day.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 11:49:32 PM »

Proposing an amendment to strike EO 4 and 5 from the bill. Any objections shall be made in the next 24 hours.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2020, 11:56:43 PM »

I'd also recommend striking six from the bill or amending six to remove Confederate statues and/or place names
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 01:06:18 AM »

I'd also recommend striking six from the bill or amending six to remove Confederate statues and/or place names

S019, how about you stay away and stay in Lincoln where you are actually an elected offical. The South doesn't need your carpetbagging. We do thing differently over here.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2020, 10:06:30 AM »

To clarify six should be amended in a way in which all Confederate statues and flags are taken down, and Confederate place names are renamed.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2020, 10:19:09 AM »

To clarify six should be amended in a way in which all Confederate statues and flags are taken down, and Confederate place names are renamed.

Mr. Lincoln Speaker, I appreciate your input but please leave official business to the Chamber. Thank you
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2020, 02:21:45 PM »

go away
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 03:15:12 PM »

go away

It's quite ironic that you say this, given that you always comment on out-of-region bills. In any case, no one can seriously argue that Confederate symbolism is good.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2020, 04:49:37 PM »

go away

It's quite ironic that you say this, given that you always comment on out-of-region bills. In any case, no one can seriously argue that Confederate symbolism is good.

The South is allowed to celebrate their culture. Get over it.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2020, 01:59:59 AM »

NEWS UPDATE / REGIONAL

Controversy in the South
Chamber of Delegates debates past Executive Orders,
Continued backlash from local and state officers,
Debate causes another public row over the Confederacy

NASHVILLE, Tennessee - One of the most interesting debates within the Southern Chamber of Delegates in the past few days has taken place on account of Speaker Young Texan's Leinad Did Dumb Things Act , a bill calling for the formal repeal of former Governor Leinad's arguably eccentric Executive Orders issued on January of this year. Two of the EO's issued at the end of his tenure are both not included in the bill and have been acclaimed by activist groups - if resented by a number of online protesters - on account of new holiday "Black Friday" and the weekly "Trans Pride Tuesday"; and though EO 04 and 05 have not proved particularly controversial or resented by local government, there's been substantial back backlash and criticism - against a supportive minority in different degrees - in different parts of the state.

Whilst the Reagan Foundation has already strongly protested an Executive Order celebrating the death of Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan; business owners have lined up to demand the repeal of executive orders encouraging disobeying work instructions in a given day in November (Capitalism Awareness Day) as well as the monthly flying of a hammer & sickle flag in the Nashville capital building, an instruction many are lobbying the Governor and the Chamber to end. Most controversial, however, have been two executive orders which, on one hand, appear to mock police officers - many of which have vented their frustrations on social media, complaining they feel underappreciated -, and which mandate the redecorating of Confederate statues across the region, leading many local authorities to outright ignore the order or, in cases in which its implementation has been tried, leading to protests and isolated instances of violence.

It is, oddly enough, the latter which has grown into something of a national issue due to a highly antagonistic debate between Lincoln Speaker S019 and former President Fhtagn over issues of regional culture and the legacy of the Confederacy, prompting a Lincoln-based Honoring Civil War Heroes Act , sparking new debate amongst historians and public figures over the merit of Confederate symbolism, and keeping civil war reenactors and armchair historians thoroughly entertained during the quarantine. Still, in a sign of public frustration and while interviewed for their respective local media, many have expressed their dissent over this latest legislative priority, wondering whether a debate over the Civil War really takes precedence in the middle of an increasingly deadly pandemic.

Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2020, 04:04:06 AM »

NEWS UPDATE / REGIONAL

Controversy in the South
Chamber of Delegates debates past Executive Orders,
Debate causes another public row over the Confederacy

...the monthly flying of a hammer & sickle flag in the Nashville capital building

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2020, 08:48:34 AM »

Give me Edgy Communism Wednesday or give me death.
Jay 🏳️‍⚧️
trippytropicana
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2020, 08:35:17 PM »

What about Edge Communism Every Day
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2020, 10:18:23 PM »

What about Edge Communism Every Day
Ideal, but that'd get repealed immediately. Make ECW every Wednesday instead of just the third of each month.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2020, 09:20:51 AM »

Time for some useless holidays and far-left-leftist virtue signalling:

Quote from: EO.02
The first Friday after the fourth Thursday in November shall be known as "Capitalism Awareness Day." On that day the Southern Region will consider the damages caused by the illness that is capitalism, and everyone throughout the region is unofficially encouraged by the Leinad administration to ignore what their boss says. Being fired for offenses on this day will be officially greatly frowned upon, so will not giving employees raises.
Quote from: EO.04
The second Monday in October shall be known as "Indigenous People's Day." If we already did this, well, it will be celebrated double this time. That'll teach, uh, dead Europeans!
Quote from: EO.05
August 13th shall be known as "dfwlibertylover Day," to honor the former Governor of the Southern Region.
Quote from: EO.06
Statues of Confederate leaders in the Southern Region shall be decorated to look like popular 2000s rappers from the state the statue is in.
Quote from: EO.07
July 5th shall be known as "Freedom & Equality Day," to honor the fact that Ronald Reagan is dead.
Quote from: EO.08
The third Wednesday of every month shall be known as "Edgy Communism Wednesday." On that day the capital building of the Southern Region shall fly a hammer & sickle flag, and restaurant servers are encouraged to say "may I suggest trying: The Rich?" when taking an order.
Quote from: EO.09
December 13th shall be known as "Victims of Police Violence Awareness Day." On that day we will encourage police officers to serve and protect their community, and make sure those that don't are getting punished for their crimes. A law enforcement system is only as good as it is respected, and it will not be respected if it is abusive!

Could've done better with these, could've done better as Governor. Oh well. Time to go to bed. Love and peace, everyone!

Amended to strike EO 4 and 5. Any objections must be made within 24 hours.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2020, 11:47:26 PM »

I'd highly recommend striking 6, Confederate status do not deserve to be respected, defacing them is a good thing
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2020, 01:10:25 AM »

I'd highly recommend striking 6, Confederate status do not deserve to be respected, defacing them is a good thing

GO AWAY!

STAY IN LINCOLN WHERE YOUR JOB IS!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies