Bill De Blasio tweets subtle anti-semitic message
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:21:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bill De Blasio tweets subtle anti-semitic message
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Bill De Blasio tweets subtle anti-semitic message  (Read 5895 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2020, 01:20:34 PM »

It's nonsense, and Hogan knows it's nonsense.

There's just a certain segment of New Yorkers and NYC-adjacent who long for the days of Giuliani and Bloomberg, hate any progressive economic views, and won't be happy until the average rent is $5,000 and the only people that can live here are Connecticut millionaires' bratty kids. Or millionaires' kids from Russia/East Asia/Gulf States. Of course, Hogan lives in New Jersey, so he wouldn't know.

They're using this "scandal" as an excuse to attack De Blasio and by extension any other NYC politicos on the left .

Dispatch from the guy who paraded around here with a hate group as his user name for months.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2020, 03:50:00 PM »

"My message to [certain segments of] the Jewish community, and all communities, is this simple: the time for warnings has passed. I have instructed the NYPD to proceed immediately to summons or even arrest those who gather in large groups. This is about stopping this disease and saving lives. Period.

Would the above insertion of words make everyone happy?  When I looked at the hot spot map, as far as I could tell, each and every one of the hoods had a substantial percentage of orthodox Jews living in it. So it appears that the singling out is data based.

If there were hot spots in black neighborhoods would anyone think a mayor saying something like this about "certain segments in the black community" would be smart?
Singling out any group like that is, at best, counterproductive.  You can take the problem seriously without suggesting to people you have contempt for their culture.  Work with people within those communities who are receptive to acknowledging there is a problem, and try to accommodate their traditions in a way that reduces risk.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies