school uniforms? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:47:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  school uniforms? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: school uniforms?  (Read 19714 times)
Jezziah

« on: May 25, 2004, 12:58:19 PM »

Uniforms are a good idea, although admittedly it would be better if they could be made a little more comfortable.  It reduces classroom distractions as you don't spend the whole time judging people on what they wear.  It saves time, you don't have to worry about what clothes to wear in the morning.  It reduces oppotunity for bullying, you can't be bullied about what you wear.  And it breaks down social boundries, the rich and the poor aren't seperated by how they look.
Jezziah

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 04:25:05 PM »

Uniforms are a good idea, although admittedly it would be better if they could be made a little more comfortable.  It reduces classroom distractions as you don't spend the whole time judging people on what they wear.

I spend the whole time at school judging the people on what they wear?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Then pick your clothes out the night before!  Grin

Which is why we should educate kids about morals in school... just in case they didn't pick something up at home Wink

School is a place for learning, not for looking better than your friends
Jezziah

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 05:12:21 AM »

Uniforms are a good idea, although admittedly it would be better if they could be made a little more comfortable.  It reduces classroom distractions as you don't spend the whole time judging people on what they wear.

I spend the whole time at school judging the people on what they wear?

Then pick your clothes out the night before!  Grin

Which is why we should educate kids about morals in school... just in case they didn't pick something up at home Wink

School is a place for learning, not for looking better than your friends

Which is why we should learn that you shouldn't judge people by their outward appearances.

Are you telling me that you've never judged someone by what they look like?  And are you telling me that people will always listen to what you teach them, that every kid does what their parents and teachers tell them?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies