school uniforms? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:44:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  school uniforms? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: school uniforms?  (Read 19733 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« on: May 23, 2004, 10:17:08 AM »

i decided it would be best to create a thread for school uniforms.

i favor uniforms.  they are a good idea.  it does put everyone on an equal playing field and creates an atmosphere more suitable for learning.  im also astounded by some of the clothes kids are wearing.

i can assure you kids that you wont be able to show up for work wearing the clothes you wear to school.  the vast majority of jobs have strict dress codes and/or uniforms, so why shouldnt schools?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 01:08:20 PM »

i can assure you kids that you wont be able to show up for work wearing the clothes you wear to school.

I've never had a job with a dress code, they were all "behind the scenes" deals. but even in jobs were you actually deal with customers, not all have dress codes. Just go into any record store or most video stores.

the real world isnt one big record or video shop.

being well dressed is a big part of professionalism.  would you hire a lawyer or go to a doctor that was dressed like a slob?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 02:24:04 PM »

so, rightwingnut, are you saying that firemen, police officers, car mechanics, are doing a job that a 'robot' can perform?

i wear a uniform to work. (and id put my individual thought skills up there with anyone.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies