school uniforms? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:00:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  school uniforms? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: school uniforms?  (Read 19736 times)
migrendel
Italy

« on: May 23, 2004, 02:33:28 PM »
« edited: May 23, 2004, 02:37:13 PM by migrendel »

Forcing people to dress alike so that they may be equal is Marxism at its worst. Even we radical leftists can accept that some people dress nicer than others, and forcing everyone to wear a drab, ugly garment isn't at the forefront of the class struggle.

I for one would take umbrage to wearing uniforms. My high school was a private one, and we had uniforms, but I didn't mind them because they seethed of sexual tension just below the surface. But when I see the compulsory drab raiment donned by some public school children because their classmates are clad in forma pauperis, I can see why they object. So ugly, so pointless.

And please, better red than dead. Spare us of your reviling of those among us who wish to dress nicely. We are not lesser people for exercising that prerogative. I have always dressed expensively, and well, and I shall never see any obligation to the appearances of others.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 10:00:27 PM »

I know. I read the ACLU report on the Boyd County incident.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies