NY-15 Democratic primary: Who wins?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:03:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-15 Democratic primary: Who wins?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Assemblyman Michael Blake (D-Bronx)

City Councilman Ruben Diaz Sr. (D-Bronx)

David Franks

Samelys Lopez

Ex-City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito (D-Bronx)

Chivona Newsome

Jonathan Ortiz

Julio Pabon

Tomas Ramos

City Councilman Ydanis Rodriguez (D-Manhattan)

City Councilman Ritchie Torres (D-Bronx)

Frangell Basora

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: NY-15 Democratic primary: Who wins?  (Read 1604 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2020, 11:20:48 PM »
« edited: April 27, 2020, 11:33:07 PM by bronz4141 »

Who wins the crowded Democratic House primary for NY-15, in the South Bronx, replacing retiring Rep. Jose Serrano?

I think Ruben Diaz Sr. comes out the winner. He will be the Lipniski of NYC, socially conservative city Democrat who represents the views of older Latinos and blacks. This is not NY-14, AOC's district.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections_in_New_York#District_15
Upstater
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -4.00

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 11:22:23 PM »

I doubt the New York Democratic Party would let Diaz Sr. win.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 11:32:40 PM »

I doubt the New York Democratic Party would let Diaz Sr. win.

Diaz Sr. is beloved in the Bronx.

It's either Diaz or Ydanis Rodriguez
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 12:48:23 AM »

Want: Ruben Diaz Sr.
Think: Ritchie Torres
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 01:27:22 AM »

Idk, but I sure know who I'm rooting for.

Diaz 2020!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 07:20:54 AM »

Anyone besides Diaz Sr. works for me, but IIRC Blake is considered the machine’s choice, so he probably wins.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 07:28:20 AM »

I get wanting someone conservative but it's great to see so many posters willing to sell out gay rights!
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 07:31:44 AM »

It would be a horrible indictment of the failures of the modern Democratic party if Diaz Sr wins. So he'll win in a landslide most likely.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 09:02:38 AM »

Could Torres or Blake win?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 11:24:06 AM »

I get wanting someone conservative but it's great to see so many posters willing to sell out gay rights!

?

It's not really selling out if you also believe that marriage is between a man and a woman.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2020, 11:25:54 AM »

?

It's not really selling out if you also believe that marriage is between a man and a woman.

Did I wake up in 2005?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2020, 11:30:34 AM »

?

Did I wake up in 2005?

37% of Americans still oppose gay marriage (63% say they support it, and considering that most of the no answers are probably just afraid to admit to a pollster the rest can just be sorted as oppose). Besides, both natural law and the Bible give a pretty clear stance on the topic. Being gay is natural, it is biological, and it is not a choice, but that doesn't mean one has to support same sex marriage.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2020, 11:38:55 AM »

?

Did I wake up in 2005?

37% of Americans still oppose gay marriage (63% say they support it, and considering that most of the no answers are probably just afraid to admit to a pollster the rest can just be sorted as oppose). Besides, both natural law and the Bible give a pretty clear stance on the topic. Being gay is natural, it is biological, and it is not a choice, but that doesn't mean one has to support same sex marriage.

No one said you had to support anything but it's a strange hill to die on and close to a dead issue. I would guess 80-85% of under 30s support it here. Numbers in Western Europe are already at that level among the gen pop, I don't see why we wouldn't follow them.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2020, 11:45:31 AM »

?

Did I wake up in 2005?

No one said you had to support anything but it's a strange hill to die on and close to a dead issue. I would guess 80-85% of under 30s support it here. Numbers in Western Europe are already at that level among the gen pop, I don't see why we wouldn't follow them.

If you're afraid to take a minority position that you believe to be right, then why be involved in politics in the first place?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2020, 11:48:44 AM »

?

Did I wake up in 2005?

If you're afraid to take a minority position that you believe to be right, then why be involved in politics in the first place?

Who said he couldn't be involved in politics?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2020, 12:02:10 PM »

?

Did I wake up in 2005?

Who said he couldn't be involved in politics?

I mean, no one, but I thought we were talking about the specific issue here and not whether or not he was allowed to run for office.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2020, 12:22:50 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2020, 12:32:00 PM by Justice Blair »

?

No, No, No, please don't do this- you're not allowled to compare personal opposition to same-sex marriage with visceral public homophobia, gay bashing and shameless political pandering that the likes of Diaz pratice.

It's shamelessly obvious what he is- He said that the New York City council was under the control of the gay community- and a personal favourite for a man of god he said that he wouldn't report someone for sexual harrasment because that's 'rating them' out- along with claiming stem cell research was like 'Hitler making soap out of Jews'.

My issue with him isn't just the rampant and shameless attacks but the fact that he's an idiot.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2020, 12:23:29 PM »

?

No, No, No No don't do this- you're not allowled to compare personal opposition to same-sex marriage with visceral public homophobia, gay bashing and shameless political pandering that the likes of Diaz pratice.

Like what?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2020, 12:30:59 PM »

The progs split the vote way too much. Diaz Sr. will be the next Congressman from the 15th.

The party will be much less kind to the Congress member who thinks LGBTs aren't people than they were to the ones who think Jews aren't people.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2020, 12:53:21 PM »

?

No, No, No No don't do this- you're not allowled to compare personal opposition to same-sex marriage with visceral public homophobia, gay bashing and shameless political pandering that the likes of Diaz pratice.

Like what?

So you’re just gonna ignore the rest of the post then?  Then again, there’s really no defense for the comments Blair listed, but you knew that already.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 12:59:42 PM »

While not a bulletproof measuring tool, fundraising can give us an indication.

Q1 Fundraising

Torres: $136,000
Blake: $97,000
Lopez: $44,000
Diaz Sr.:$26,000
Mark-Viverito: $19,000
Rodriguez: $19,000
Cintron: $0

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/4/20/1938838/-Daily-Kos-Elections-1Q-2020-House-fundraising-reports-roundup
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2020, 01:20:21 PM »

?

Like what?

So you’re just gonna ignore the rest of the post then?  Then again, there’s really no defense for the comments Blair listed, but you knew that already.

He added that after lol, give me a second. There's literally an edit mark.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2020, 01:22:00 PM »

?

Like what?

He added that after lol, give me a second. There's literally an edit mark.

Fair enough
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2020, 01:22:05 PM »

?

No, No, No, please don't do this- you're not allowled to compare personal opposition to same-sex marriage with visceral public homophobia, gay bashing and shameless political pandering that the likes of Diaz pratice.

It's shamelessly obvious what he is- He said that the New York City council was under the control of the gay community- and a personal favourite for a man of god he said that he wouldn't report someone for sexual harrasment because that's 'rating them' out- along with claiming stem cell research was like 'Hitler making soap out of Jews'.

My issue with him isn't just the rampant and shameless attacks but the fact that he's an idiot.

Thank you for the examples. Of course that's problematic, but I can't say that changes my view of the race. When it's a decision between someone who will support the right to life, Israel, and who doesn't blatantly wealth bait vs a bunch of communists, there's no real choice.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2020, 08:13:09 PM »

NY-15 is the poorest congressional district in America.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/congressmen-representing-the-richest-poorest-districts/ar-BBOWXrA

Anyway, just get ready for Diaz Sr. or Ydanis to be elected.

Torres and Blake will not win.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies