Rick Scott says unemployed people get too much money and won't look for work
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:23:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rick Scott says unemployed people get too much money and won't look for work
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rick Scott says unemployed people get too much money and won't look for work  (Read 1264 times)
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2020, 08:05:13 PM »

The rich get too much money! Scott is a monster that has no soul for his follow man/women.

I think it’s more to do with that there’s limited resources outside of Liberal Utopia, and entitlement programs are already running out of money, so perhaps instead of overpaying people that money could go to you know, fixing things.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2020, 08:49:50 PM »

The rich get too much money! Scott is a monster that has no soul for his follow man/women.

I think it’s more to do with that there’s limited resources outside of Liberal Utopia, and entitlement programs are already running out of money, so perhaps instead of overpaying people that money could go to you know, fixing things.

Should we start with your disability payments? Or is there some reason you consider yourself separate from the "overpaid"?
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2020, 09:29:54 PM »

Should we start with your disability payments? Or is there some reason you consider yourself separate from the "overpaid"?

By definition, they are being over paid. It’s not an argument, it’s a stated fact.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2020, 09:37:52 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2020, 09:46:29 PM by I trolled myself into becoming a liberal »

By definition, they are being over paid. It’s not an argument, it’s a stated fact.

By your definition, the disabled are always "overpaid".

Is having people earn more on unemployment than at their job ideal? No, but this only applies to a minority of people, the difference is not big, and it's only for a short period of time during unprecedented economic disruption.

The advantages of making the program easier to administer, as well as being able to get it through Congress and to the people faster, outweigh any potential negatives.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies