Biden's acceptance speech at the DNC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:39:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden's acceptance speech at the DNC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden's acceptance speech at the DNC  (Read 825 times)
buritobr
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 25, 2020, 12:33:11 PM »

I am trying to guess what Joe Biden will speak at the DNC.

Probably he will say that America is a wonderful country but it is in the wrong track in the last 4 years, and that's why it is necessary another leadership to put America in the right track. He will mention the previous democratic presidents (FDR, Truman, JFK, LBJ, Carter, Clinton, Obama) in order to say how good they were. He will also say that some republican presidents were good presidents, in order to make contrast to Trump.
Then, he will say that the Covid19 is the biggest challenge to the US and to the world since the WW2, and that's why a strong leadership will be needed. He will also speak about other challenges, like the rise of China and the Industry 4.0. He will say that strong investment in education is needed to prepare the young generation to the challenge of the Industry 4.0.
Then, he will say that America has a system of free enterprise which brings prosperity and the world admires it, but it is necessary to help the disadvantaged children so that they don't get behind.
In the end, he will say the ethnic and religious diversity were parts of the history of America, that America had always been open to immigrants, and that's why Trump's wall is anti-american.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 12:59:19 PM »

I agree on the general premise not really the order, I think the call to action and invoking of the Presidents will be at the end
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 01:08:46 PM »

It doesn't really matter. There will be no in-person DNC so the speech will basically be a fart in the wind. Biden should count himself very lucky that the election is set to take up considerably less airtime than it has in recent cycles. It will be a referendum on Trump with little focus on Biden himself.
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 03:07:26 PM »

Well, let's see this evening
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 06:18:37 PM »

All Biden has to do is not make any notable mistakes. Trump has sort of helped lower the bar for him in some ways. More backfiring dumbassery from him and his campaign, I guess.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 06:28:29 PM »

I want to see the passion from Joe's opening ad in 2019. If he captures the rhetoric he managed to convey through the ad, hammering in that he decided to run because Trump is tearing the country apart and has failed on every single crisis, he'll make an excellent impression. I'm sure he has a good speech prepared.
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 03:46:39 PM »

Well, it was different. And much better than the prediction!
Good that he didn't accept me as the ghostwriter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmN90VuLH6Y
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 03:55:45 PM »

The only thing I dont like about Biden, is if he becomes Prez, he hides alot and it took him over a month to recover from the Reade story. He wasnt a visible Veep as well, and this will enter the minds of swing voters come election time as well as not getting their stimulus checks,  a 7 or 6 pt lead can easily be erased like Hillary on election day
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies