qwerty
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:06:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  qwerty
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: qwerty  (Read 3298 times)
qwerty
Dick Nixon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2004, 12:47:02 AM »
« edited: December 16, 2010, 02:09:21 AM by qwerty »

qwerty
raggage

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 05:30:46 AM »

Can't speak for the rest of the guys in my department (LAPD) but I cannot stand Bush.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 12:38:37 PM »

Cops are tough to predict.  In Philly it seems pretty much lean Kerry, but some are strong Bush.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 04:41:53 PM »

Out of the entire police force nationally I think a huge majority will vote Bush.  But in certain very Democrat states the majority will be for Kerry.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 04:46:21 PM »

I guess in terms of laws of course cops will be for Bush, but in economic/ police budget allocation terms I can not see it.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 02:31:44 PM »

didnt i hear something about the boston police striking during the democratic convention?
pieman
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 09:13:18 PM »

Its about time to win NJ again!
Bush under performed in NJ in 2000. I think Bush will carry this state if he wins nationally by more than 7%
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 11:20:04 AM »

The Police Union Endorsed Kerry.

They endorsed Bush back in 2000 however.  
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 09:50:14 PM »

The union only has 12,000 members.  Its just a liberal splinter group.  The FOP has 310,000 members.

The police are overwhelming in support of Bush.  Remember Kerry opposes the death penalty.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 05:42:55 AM »

The union only has 12,000 members.  Its just a liberal splinter group.  The FOP has 310,000 members.

The police are overwhelming in support of Bush.  Remember Kerry opposes the death penalty.

I doubt that they are a “liberal Splinter Group” as they endorsed Bush back in 2000!

I seem to remember that it was the main Union…Here’s the link to the story…

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4952688/

…sure doesn’t sound like a “fringe Liberal group to me”… how the hell do you get a Liberal Cop anyway Cheesy … but endorsing Clinton twice then Bush in 2000 would suggest to me that their a pretty mainstream moderate group imho…    
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 09:34:20 AM »

I doubt that they are a “liberal Splinter Group” as they endorsed Bush back in 2000!

…sure doesn’t sound like a “fringe Liberal group to me”… how the hell do you get a Liberal Cop anyway Cheesy … but endorsing Clinton twice then Bush in 2000 would suggest to me that their a pretty mainstream moderate group imho…    

Oh, but they are.

They only endorsed Bush in 2000 so that they could say they had endorsed at least one Republican.

Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 10:57:09 AM »

Oh, but they are.

They only endorsed Bush in 2000 so that they could say they had endorsed at least one Republican.

I somehow doubt that a liberal organisation would ever endorse a republican just to gain credibility... it would just run totally counter to their interests and beliefs…and just plain wouldn’t make sense Huh … trust me I think that you must be mistaken…    
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 11:17:25 AM »

In terms of crime, cops are very Republican.  On the other hand in terms of budget appropriations and now overtime pay, that may change.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 11:19:57 AM »

A lot of times it depends on the city.  As I recall, in the Houston Mayor's race, cops were for the Democrat and firefighters backed the Republican.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2004, 12:24:06 PM »

Oh, but they are.

I somehow doubt that a liberal organisation would ever endorse a republican just to gain credibility... it would just run totally counter to their interests and beliefs…and just plain wouldn’t make sense Huh … trust me I think that you must be mistaken…    

You may have your 'doubts,' but if you look at their record, its true.

This organization is a small group of malcontents.  Their record (look at their history) and their numbers tell the story.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 05:56:38 PM »

A lot of times it depends on the city.  As I recall, in the Houston Mayor's race, cops were for the Democrat and firefighters backed the Republican.

I think more than anything it’s the candidate really… as with your average voter it’s a personal choice, but police (and public service persons more generally) are socially moderate to conservative and economically more populist… it’s a big generalisation and varies a lot but its generally true… it’s the same with most “swing voters” (about 2/3rds could be called populists of some shade and 1/3rd Libertarians of one shade or another)… frankly I’m surprised at a Police Union endorsement of Kerry, He strikes me as too Liberal (but there ya go;) )… but your right it varies a lot, the Union didn’t give much of a reason, then again the article on MSNBC was pretty short…        
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies