COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:34:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 266249 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: April 19, 2020, 07:48:28 PM »

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 09:25:22 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2020, 09:31:49 PM by Ghost of Ruin »

anyone else wanting to go out and join one of these protests against the quarantine? heard there was one in Nashville today, should have gone but I was tied up in Knox :<

obvious troll is trolling. reported.
He isn’t a troll, he just is greatly uninformed as to the severity of the crisis.

I mean, I'm greatly informed as to the severity that this crises poses to young people who are just starting out their careers. My wife and I are lucky that we are "essential employees" but I worry about all the other people our age just starting out and what this hysteria has done to the economy.

I'm honestly not worried about the elderly and immunocompromised. They can quarantine of their own accord, if they wish, but at least where I live, it seems like the older people are the least likely to do so, so I mean that's on them.

Like I said, if I die I die lol it's fine not like I care.

If you want to join in with the protesters, just make sure to work on your sign calligraphy first:

Also, you have to wonder at the "respect" these "patriots" show the Flag of the United States:

From 4 U.S. Code § 8. Respect for flag
(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 08:04:13 AM »

If you want to join in with the protesters, just make sure to work on your sign calligraphy first:

That G means something in the US?

I was being sarcastic. The signs are written in an identical style that differs noticeably from the block printing most people in the US when creating hand-made signs or posters. The women in the picture are attempting to convey the impression that they are part of an authentic, self-organized, "grass-roots" movement. That their signs were created by some third party and then given to them is one small indicator among several that these "protests" are being deliberately funded and organized, and do not accurately represent the sentiment of the public.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 09:17:20 PM »

Patrick went on: "There are more important things than living, and that's saving this country for my children and my grandchildren and saving this country for all of us.

"I don't want to die, nobody wants to die but man we have got to take some risk and get back in the game and get this country back up and running," he told the Tucker Carlson Tonight host.

These people are sociopaths.

I'm not giving them that easy of an out.

What they are is evil.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 10:29:33 PM »

This is the study that found no benefit in treatment but an increase in deaths among those given it.

They keep pushing this just because Trump said it. I thought of a possible treatment that turns out to actually help (blood plasma), but I'm not the President.

NIH Covid-19 treatment guidelines warn against drug combo pushed by Trump
The panel specifically recommends against using the combination of hydroxychloroquine plus the antibiotic azithromycin because of potential toxic side-effects, except as part of a clinical trial. It also recommends against a combination of the HIV drugs lopinavir and ritonavir and other HIV drugs that stop viruses from replicating.

He really is a snake-oil salesman.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 07:38:35 AM »

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 07:50:12 AM »

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 03:08:52 PM »

Latest studies show infection rates much higher, which means a much lower death rate.

I’ve been saying this from the very beginning. Biggest overreaction ever.

It seems weird to me that almost 50 thousand deaths in US so far are being written off as an overreaction.....

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 07:51:19 PM »

Did Trump just suggest injecting isopropanol into your veins?

What in the actual ****
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 11:22:49 PM »

Unfortunately, in this instance, Trump said something (as was correctly quoted by Arch) completely stupid, and none of the reporting of the actual real scientific results are being discussed.

This is the real Trump Derangement Syndrome, right here folks.

Seeing the defense of this here and other places online have been the best. Wonder how Fox will defend this.

I'm betting on a 50/50 split between, "Whathereallymeantwas" and "evul librul meedeeyah putting a negative spin on it".
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2020, 11:51:21 AM »

President Dunning-Kruger.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2020, 05:14:06 PM »

What the f**k does this mean? Can anyone decipher it for me, please?

He's telling us he's mentally ill and thoight that he was having a convo with somebody else instead of Birx, even though it was on camera and everybody can see that he's wrong and/or lying.

Why he's sharing this out loud, I don't know. File it under "Crazy Trump Tweets".

I posted a response to this in the Crazy Trump Tweets thread. While I remain skeptical of Mr. Trump's sanity, I don't think this should be just chalked up to "Yes, Mr. Trump is insane." It is also an attempt to drag people into arguing about who said what to whom, distracting them from the reality: Mr. Trump is in countless ways unfit for any public office, and should have been removed long since. And the people who willfully keep him there are themselves criminals and traitors.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 05:28:36 PM »

I decipher this as saying "don't take bleach":

The Cure?

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 08:54:52 PM »

I decipher this as meaning that he's gonna stop giving coronavirus press briefings from now on? Well, thank God if this is the case.

Somebody had to carefully explain to him that the more he gets in front of the camera and opens his mouth, the more his approval ratings and his polling numbers vs. Biden continue to dive.  This tweet is his typical piss-ant way of acquiescing to that advice, at long last.

We'll see how long he lasts watching Pence and Dr. Fauci getting all the attention for an hour every day.

Especially with reporting like this piece from NBC News,
After nearly 50 coronavirus press briefings in March and April, President Donald Trump’s aides and allies are increasingly worried that his lengthy appearances are backfiring politically and White House officials say they are evaluating whether to reduce his participation in news conferences in the weeks to come.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2020, 12:01:47 AM »

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2020, 10:26:43 AM »

Beware of subscriptions that are worse than the disease. If you extend the span of time for consideration long enough and just slavishly insist on lockdowns, you unleash a massive array of massively ugly consquences onto society, above and beyond what corona would be capable of.
The worst case scenario is not all efforts to contain corona spreading through the wider population failing. It is our economy collapsing under the weight of lockdowns, lockdowns being defied by the broader populace and thus being rendered ineffective, governments locking up people for not following its unpopular policies, society unraveling under the weight of humans being starved of face-to-face contact, and a whole host of negative consequences stemming from vain efforts on part of authorities to force mankind, an inherently social species, to talk to itself mainly by a set of screens and not normally for longer than it is willing to bear.
Corona stinks, but it isn't the end of world. The closest we can get to end of the world would be humanity sinking into collective insanity.

You missed the worst case for the 1%, that has them sweating bullets: a widespread successful response that involves drastic restructuring of our society and economy in a way that proves abusive and exploitative capitalism is worse than unnecessary.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2020, 10:44:36 AM »
« Edited: April 27, 2020, 10:53:48 AM by Ghost of Ruin »

Open admission that the entire White House response has been a farce catering to Mr. Trump's ego.

Death is too good for these people. Long jail terms in SuperMax for Mr. Trump, his advisers and cabinet members.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2020, 09:18:03 PM »

It's eerie how this map of coordinated state efforts could just as easily be a map of alliances during the breakup of the United States:

Simultaneously, we have this:
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2020, 02:39:33 PM »

On Pence's visit to the Mayo Clinic:

This is an exercise in demonstrating power.

Pence knows what he's doing is stupid. He knows he doesn't need to visit the clinic, and that he should absolutely be wearing a mask. He is abusing his power as (illegitimate) Vice-President, to force the Mayo Clinic into the same reality-rejecting realm that he, Mr. Trump, and their fellow cultists occupy.

There is no engaging with this. No room for negotiation or debate. No politics. The cult and its leaders and enablers will continually being aggressively stupid until they die. All that remains is how the human race ought to best deal with the challenge they pose to our survival and our values.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2020, 02:38:03 PM »

Because having this guy:

Pushing a corner-cutting vaccine effort couldn't possibly go wrong.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2020, 08:57:04 PM »

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2020, 11:45:16 PM »

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2020, 07:24:35 AM »
« Edited: May 01, 2020, 08:50:38 AM by texasgurl »

We are just opening up states with terrible planning based on arbitrary dates.

How is this going to turn out well?

COVID-19 deaths by race and ethnicity in the U.S.
The latest available COVID-19 mortality rate for Black Americans is 2.5 times higher than the rate for Latinos, 2.6 times higher than the rate for Asians, and 2.7 times higher than the rate for Whites.

Furthermore, in some places, the multiple between Black and White mortality rates greatly exceeds the 2.7 overall figure that we’ve constructed from all available data for the nation. In Kansas and Wisconsin, Black residents are 7 times more likely to die than White residents. In Washington D.C., the rate among Blacks is 6 times higher than Whites, while in Michigan and Missouri, it is 5 times greater.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2020, 02:01:08 PM »

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2020, 07:46:58 PM »

Bad idea.

I still don't understand the logic behind the Oxford 'vaccine'. In 6 weeks they know if it's effective? And they know it's safe by September?

Then why, pray tell, do we spend years on vaccines?

I'm still of the belief that we'll never get one.

Well what the Oxford vaccine they already were working on a MERS vaccine and we're doing pretty good with it so they just used the base and made it for covid-19 vaccines take a long time because usually they don't have the funding and they don't have enough people to trial test them on but during the pandemic when you have unlimited funding and volunteers you can rush it

I still won't be getting it injected until it's been trialled properly, which 5 months cannot do.

A perfectly reasonable position. But here in Ameristan, where anything that smacks of "math" or "reason" is taken as some sort of insult to the cultist zombies and their moronic orange leader, we're going to be injecting people en masse as soon as there's something to stick in their arms that will work as an excuse for Deplorable Dictator Don to try to salvage the oligarchy"open the economy". And if it doesn't work and kills a bunch of people? Hey, they've been telling us 'vaccines are bad' for years anyway, right?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies