COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:55:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 201
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 266426 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: May 04, 2020, 01:28:26 PM »

Where do they come up with this nonsense? It's obviously not going to reach 3,000 a day.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1526 on: May 04, 2020, 01:56:12 PM »

Where do they come up with this nonsense? It's obviously not going to reach 3,000 a day.

That's not obvious to me at all. I would have thought it was unlikely, sure. But I have no idea.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1527 on: May 04, 2020, 02:00:21 PM »

That's not obvious to me at all. I would have thought it was unlikely, sure. But I have no idea.

The fact that the media even reported this is alarmist garbage, which is irresponsible, and is no help at all. I literally almost had another cardiac episode when I saw it.

They are literally trying to have an excuse to keep us locked down even longer.

I literally cannot take this.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1528 on: May 04, 2020, 02:03:26 PM »

I didn't see the media report it as alarmist garbage. I saw it reported with concern about the implications if it's right. Regardless, the media aren't the experts on this.

I feel you on how stressful this all is. But that has no bearing on whether or not the model is right.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1529 on: May 04, 2020, 02:06:34 PM »

The fact that the media even reported this is alarmist garbage, which is irresponsible, and is no help at all. I literally almost had another cardiac episode when I saw it.

Some advice for you and others having a hard time dealing with the stress of this situation: take a break from information sources for a while.  Avoid this thread, news sites, etc., for a few days, or at least for a few hours.  Nothing drastic is going to change in that time, and this is not the only thing going on in the world or in your life.  Try to focus on something else for a while, and you'll probably feel better.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1530 on: May 04, 2020, 02:09:23 PM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1531 on: May 04, 2020, 02:16:29 PM »

We easily can and possibly will hit 3k deaths per day over a three day average. Will you own up to being wrong yet again when/if we reach that grim milestone? Or will you just blame the media as usual?
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #1532 on: May 04, 2020, 02:24:18 PM »

gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #1533 on: May 04, 2020, 02:26:55 PM »

We easily can and possibly will hit 3k deaths per day over a three day average. Will you own up to being wrong yet again when/if we reach that grim milestone? Or will you just blame the media as usual?

do u admit to being an extremist who has called for people to lose their voting rights and to be refused medical treatment because of political differences
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1534 on: May 04, 2020, 02:27:30 PM »

Why is that hard to imagine? There were numerous upon numerous days where it was 2,000-2,500, and I think we had one day where it was 2,700 or 2,800 in the last 2 weeks
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1535 on: May 04, 2020, 02:33:31 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2020, 02:39:24 PM by Forumlurker »

do u admit to being an extremist who has called for people to lose their voting rights and to be refused medical treatment because of political differences
No.
I am not calling for all Republicans, for all Libertarians, for all Democrats to be punished. I have no problem with different beliefs. If you want to cry about lockdowns online, be my guest. That changes when you willingly break orders designed to protect the American people in a national crisis. Unlike the GOP, I actually am for law and order, something Blue Avatars have forgotten.

I am guilty of wanting to enforce basic viral-prevention orders. I honestly wouldn’t take away voting rights from repeat offenders, but I would absolutely deny them medical treatment, especially in the event of a shortage. I would also gladly record them and make sure it is on a criminal record.
 If that makes me an extremist, then so be it.

Besides, considering your emperor’s iconic chant four years ago was “Lock her up!” You really are in no position to even speak.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1536 on: May 04, 2020, 02:38:44 PM »

Why is that hard to imagine? There were numerous upon numerous days where it was 2,000-2,500, and I think we had one day where it was 2,700 or 2,800 in the last 2 weeks

Yesterday was 1,154. It was the fifth day in a row when it dropped.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1537 on: May 04, 2020, 02:40:45 PM »

I remember when disasters and tragedies brought us together.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1538 on: May 04, 2020, 02:42:13 PM »

Kinda doubt that as well. However, cases could spike up if the lockdown across the country gets lifted and the virus starts spreading with more pace again.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1539 on: May 04, 2020, 03:41:14 PM »

Yesterday was 1,154. It was the fifth day in a row when it dropped.

NJ’s data these last two days has been partial—like less than 100–because of a reporting issue. It’s the #1 state for deaths so expect a commensurate bump when they fix it.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1540 on: May 04, 2020, 03:56:43 PM »

Large metro Atlanta malls reopen, but shoppers are sparse

At Lenox, just a handful of cars sat in the parking decks and lots Monday afternoon. Few customers were inside and security guards were stationed at entrances to hand out gloves and masks. Phipps felt almost like a ghost town, with a few high-end retailers like Gucci and Tom Ford opening their doors but restricting the number of people that could go inside. At the Mall of Georgia, most of the shops that did choose to open were devoid of customers.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1541 on: May 04, 2020, 04:06:53 PM »

Regarding the leaked CDC model estimating 200K cases and 3K deaths per day:

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1542 on: May 04, 2020, 04:13:13 PM »

Large metro Atlanta malls reopen, but shoppers are sparse

At Lenox, just a handful of cars sat in the parking decks and lots Monday afternoon. Few customers were inside and security guards were stationed at entrances to hand out gloves and masks. Phipps felt almost like a ghost town, with a few high-end retailers like Gucci and Tom Ford opening their doors but restricting the number of people that could go inside. At the Mall of Georgia, most of the shops that did choose to open were devoid of customers.

This is what I'm expecting almost everywhere at first. Social distancing/capacity limits will take care of themselves for a bit.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1543 on: May 04, 2020, 04:14:43 PM »

In other words, the New York Times and CNBC almost gave me a heart attack over nothing. Nice.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1544 on: May 04, 2020, 04:18:54 PM »

In other words, the New York Times and CNBC almost gave me a heart attack over nothing. Nice.
Not trying to be rude or intrusive, but if you are really experiencing cardiac problems due to the news, maybe you should consider disconnecting a bit (if you can) for your own sake.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1545 on: May 04, 2020, 06:18:37 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1546 on: May 04, 2020, 06:28:36 PM »

I'm sure all the people who were triggered by her boots will be even more triggered by this.

Well good, lol
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1547 on: May 04, 2020, 06:31:15 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2020, 06:35:15 PM by Wolverine22 »

Man in my hometown assaults a Dollar Tree cashier by wiping his nose on her shirt saying “Here, I’ll use this as a mask” after she informs him that all customers must wear masks: https://www.mlive.com/coronavirus/2020/05/man-confronted-for-entering-dollar-tree-without-mask-wipes-nose-on-clerks-shirt.html
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1548 on: May 04, 2020, 06:46:14 PM »

Mike DeWine was doing so good, and then he says today that making people wear masks 'went too far'. Ridiculous and a total slap in the face to the other many states who are doing it.

Actually, I think DeWine made the right call here. Like I've said before, I supported the mask advisories which the CDC and Surgeon-General issued at the beginning of last month, as well as that issued here in Colorado. But mandating that individuals wear masks, with all of the legal penalties and the rest attached to it, does invite questions of constitutionality. This is to say nothing of the fact that such a mandate in my view would be a "one size fits all" kind of solution, given the varying conditions present among local jurisdictions, to say nothing of the health/mental state of varying individuals.

It's irresponsible. The CDC guidelines are to wear masks. It's not a lot to ask someone just to wear a mask in a restaurant or a store. Him saying that completely undermines the entire guidelines and everything that has come from health officials. I don't give a f**k whether he doesn't like the "government telling people what to do." This is a health crisis with thousands of people dying each day. People are just being selfish and ignorant - that's it. It's a ing mask.

So you want to make mask-wearing mandatory? That's your opinion, and your entitled to it. It amazes me how something as simple as mask-wearing has become such a cultural and political flashpoint during this time.

It should be mandatory. Republicans are the ones making it a political issue, since they are also driving the protests. Again, health officials say masks should be used. That should be the *end* of that.

So I take it that you support penalizing people if they do not wear masks? That's where my primary concern lies-imposing fines or other kinds of penalties for not donning them. But I digress. Like I've said before, I certainly think people should be wearing masks in public, but you're not going to convert everyone, and if you were to make it mandatory across the board, that would not take into consideration the differing conditions that may exist in differing jurisdictions. All that is besides the point.

I personally think it should be no mask no service.  Of course, it's the choice of individual retailers/facilities to do this.  I'm not interested in fines, though if individuals refuse to leave a no mask no service establishment, they will be cited for trespassing.

I would agree with this. Individual businesses should have the right to decide whether or not they will require customers to wear masks while on their premises, but government should not, at least to the extent of fining, jailing, or otherwise penalizing people for not wearing them.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1549 on: May 04, 2020, 07:08:26 PM »

I would agree with this. Individual businesses should have the right to decide whether or not they will require customers to wear masks while on their premises, but government should not, at least to the extent of fining, jailing, or otherwise penalizing people for not wearing them.

Does government have the right to tell you to cover your genitals in public, including in stores? It's for hygiene right? Because, so is this.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 201  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies