Which of these reliably red deep south states has the most potential to become more competitive? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:07:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Which of these reliably red deep south states has the most potential to become more competitive? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these reliably red deep south states has the most potential to become more competitive?
South Carolina

Tennessee

Louisiana

Mississippi

Alabama

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Which of these reliably red deep south states has the most potential to become more competitive?  (Read 1539 times)
MARGINS6729
« on: April 24, 2020, 04:37:22 AM »

Everyone knows Georgia is the most competitive deep south state currently (I do not consider Florida to be a southern state politically) but out of these four states which do you think has the most potential to becoming more competitive for the Democrats both on the state level and on the presidential level? 
MARGINS6729
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 03:38:31 PM »

The fact that these states have such large amounts of black voters used to make me wonder why they aren't more competitive even with all of the voter suppression that happens in these states but I just realized that the Democrats just have zero support with white voters in them. Obviously there are whites that vote for DEMS in them but they just get crushed with them overall every single time.

I voted for SC too.
MARGINS6729
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 10:33:30 PM »

Don't you think that Knox County is a place where Democrats could grow in Tennessee though?
MARGINS6729
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 12:14:37 AM »

Do you think it will gain an electoral vote? Just curious.

Remember that people moving there from all over the country can also include conservative retirees from the midwest and northeast who are moving to Florida and to North Carolina and helping Republicans win races there. So they might just be helping the state get redder lol.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies