HB 23-18: Atlas Fantasy Government Board Description Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:05:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 23-18: Atlas Fantasy Government Board Description Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 23-18: Atlas Fantasy Government Board Description Act (Passed)  (Read 1592 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: April 23, 2020, 09:37:37 PM »

This bill is a placeholder and just a first draft. I'd be happy to discuss what the language should be, if anyone has any alternate formulations.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 12:10:09 PM »

If sub-boards are created for each region, will the old 'regional governments' sub-board remain? Will any regional bills (say, those passed post-reset) be transferred from the old boards to the new one?

I assume we could keep and archive the old regional governments board. But that's ultimately a technical issue for Virginia.

I do not know what to think of this bill. It will certainly make things VERY painful next time we reorganize the regions. Or perhaps not, adding a region is less inconvenient than eliminating one under this regimen.
I'm loosely supportive as of right now.

We've been asked by Virginia to pass legislation about a board description and regional sub boards. Many regions have expressed interest in having their own sub boards. What to do is a matter of debate.

Like I said, this bill is a placeholder to start that discussion. I'm not wedded to any part of it.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 01:14:32 PM »

Should we vote on part 2? I if so, I or someone can propose an amendment that says we wish to keep the current regional board structure.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 04:50:12 PM »

However, regarding Section 2, I think it might be better if the regions individually passed resolutions expressing desire for the creation of regional boards (unless they have already; haven't been keeping up on regional legislation recently). The creation of regional boards doesn't affect the federal government so I'm not sure why we should be the ones suggesting that they be created.

We can't have regional boards for only one or two regions. That wouldn't make sense. If two opt in, the old board will essentially be the third region's board.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 01:59:39 PM »

Amendment is not friendly. I don't see any reason to make work for Virginia. As long as the board is archived somewhere, it should be fine as is.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 03:48:48 PM »

Nay on the amendment.

I'm worried about creating unnecessary work for the mods. As long as the board is archived, people should be able to find the old regional laws.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 09:28:07 PM »

That's not good. I'm going to have to amend the amendment, probably tomorrow. We can't dictate to the mods what to do, so we can't "shall" anything.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 06:23:33 PM »

Amendment:

Atlas Fantasy Government Board Description Act

As requested by Virginia, an Act to provide a description for the Atlas Fantasy Government board and creation of regional government sub boards.

Be it enacted by the Congress of the Republic of Atlasia assembled

A formal request shall be made to the moderators of the Atlas Forum that:

1. The description added to the Atlas Fantasy Government Board should state:
"Government of the Republic of Atlasia, including the Atlasian House, Senate, Presidency and Supreme Court".

2. Sub boards should be created for each of Atlasia's regions under the Atlas Fantasy Government board to facilitate the passage of legislation and other proceedings of regional governments. Descriptions may should be added to regional sub boards on the request of the corresponding regional government.

3. All threads started in the Regional Governments sub board on or since June 9, 2016 shall should be allocated to the correct regional sub board.

4. All threads started in the Regional Governments sub board before June 9, 2016 shall should be allocated to a sub board of the Atlasian Fantasy Government board named "Regional Governments Archive."

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 01:38:35 AM »

Can I modify your amendment slightly? This bill should also outline a description for the 'Regional Governments Archive' as well.

Atlas Fantasy Government Board Description Act

As requested by Virginia, an Act to provide a description for the Atlas Fantasy Government board and creation of regional government sub boards.

Be it enacted by the Congress of the Republic of Atlasia assembled

A formal request shall be made to the moderators of the Atlas Forum that:

1. The description added to the Atlas Fantasy Government Board should state:
"Government of the Republic of Atlasia, including the Atlasian House, Senate, Presidency and Supreme Court".

2. Sub boards should be created for each of Atlasia's regions under the Atlas Fantasy Government board to facilitate the passage of legislation and other proceedings of regional governments. Descriptions may should be added to regional sub boards on the request of the corresponding regional government.

3. All threads started in the Regional Governments sub board on or since June 9, 2016 shall should be allocated to the correct regional sub board.

4. All threads started in the Regional Governments sub board before June 9, 2016 shall should be allocated to a sub board of the Atlasian Fantasy Government board named "Regional Governments Archive."

5. The description for the Regional Governments Archive should state:
"Archive of materials created by regional governments prior to the enacting of the Fourth Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia on June 9, 2016."

Friendly.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 10:11:30 PM »

Any other comments or can we proceed to a vote?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 03:32:12 PM »

Seeing no further debate, I call for a vote on the bill.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2020, 09:45:53 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies