NJ-Monmouth: Biden +16
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:37:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NJ-Monmouth: Biden +16
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-Monmouth: Biden +16  (Read 1480 times)
Pollster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2020, 09:16:18 AM »

Biden 54
Trump 38
Undecided/Other 8

n=635 registered voters, MOE 3.9%

Link
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 09:25:59 AM »

Trump underperforming his approval rating (56/41). Anyway, I think Biden probably wins more by something like 57-40.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 11:31:41 AM »

There was a twitter thread of #NeverBiden leftists predicting Biden would lose in a massive landslide and they were adamant that Trump was going to win New Jersey Tears of joy Tears of joy Tears of joy
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 02:59:39 PM »

There was a twitter thread of #NeverBiden leftists predicting Biden would lose in a massive landslide and they were adamant that Trump was going to win New Jersey Tears of joy Tears of joy Tears of joy

To quote the great Cenk Uygur (Nov. 7, 2012): "[T]hey live in a different reality, and so when the real world collides with their made-up world, it leads to confusion."
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 06:13:12 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2020, 06:28:11 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

I think this will be Biden's bare minimum result here. I don't know if he can match or exceed Obama's 18 point margin from 2012, but that's a possibility too. Gloucester County is sure to flip back and I also think it might finally be possible for Morris County to flip. Salem is gone for Democrats though. Trump is despised here in northern New Jersey, but he is slightly more tolerated in some southern parts of the state.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 06:26:51 PM »

This should be a big enough margin to hold the seats we picked up in 2018 (minus Van Drew's of course).
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 06:28:47 PM »

This should be a big enough margin to hold the seats we picked up in 2018 (minus Van Drew's of course).

I'm not so sure about Kim's seat. But he definitely isn't out of it.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 08:40:35 PM »

why nj so inelastic
Hollywood
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 09:20:06 PM »

Corzine. 
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 07:43:37 AM »

Finally a poll of notorious swing state New Jersey.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 07:46:53 AM »

I mean NJ voted for Poppy Bush in 88. It's certainly winnable for Trump in 2020.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 07:50:47 AM »

I mean NJ voted for Poppy Bush in 88. It's certainly winnable for Trump in 2020.
No it isn't. No state that voted for Hillary Clinton by 13 points will be won by Trump in 2020, not even if Biden states on live television two days before the election that he is running for emperor of Rome and the year is 50 B.C.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 07:52:53 AM »

No it isn't. No state that voted for Hillary Clinton by 13 points will be won by Trump in 2020, not even if Biden states on live television two days before the election that he is running for emperor of Rome and the year is 50 B.C.
wow this is the (fourth) time this week a satire-laced post of mine was seen as completely serious.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2020, 07:56:01 AM »

wow this is the (fourth) time this week a satire-laced post of mine was seen as completely serious.
It's the internet. You can't assume that people are being satirical when they state something asinine, because very often they are not. Your post was dumb, but it's wasn't such a charicature that it was obviously satirical. I read much dumber stuff that is completely sincere on a daily basis.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2020, 07:59:10 AM »

It's the internet. You can't assume that people are being satirical when they state something asinine, because very often they are not. Your post was dumb, but it's wasn't such a charicature that it was obviously satirical. I read much dumber stuff that is completely sincere on a daily basis.
it depends from person to person; but I love satire and regard it as an excellent vehicle for mockery. If you see what looks like a very asinine post from me at least, just assume it is satirical, sardonic,  and sarcastic.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2020, 08:25:20 AM »

it depends from person to person; but I love satire and regard it as an excellent vehicle for mockery. If you see what looks like a very asinine post from me at least, just assume it is satirical, sardonic,  and sarcastic.
I will try to remember that. While I certainly recognize your username, I am generally terrible at remembering which atlas poster is who exactly and what they have written in the past.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies