State legislative chambers that could flip (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:16:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  State legislative chambers that could flip (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State legislative chambers that could flip  (Read 1271 times)
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -5.57

« on: April 23, 2020, 12:33:50 AM »

PA State Senate is a STRETCH.  It would take a miracle for us to flip the Lancaster County seat we need to tie it up with Lt. Gov. Fetterman as the tiebreaker or Senator Yudichak(who recently switched Dem --> Independent) siding with the Democratic caucus.

PA House is more doable, but not all winnable seats have even been contested by Dems this cycle, so it will be a harder lift than it should have been if Dems want to flip the State House.
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 07:11:56 PM »

Yeah, I don't really know the details of each district, but I was surprised the PA House and Senate are both rated as Lean R.

With that said, if this is really a D+6-D+8 year (as some polls currently show), we could see a lot of surprises downballot.

It'll take more than a D+8 year to flip the PA Senate, of course not counting unknowable severely anomalous local hijinks.  The Lancaster County seat we have to flip is about an R+13 seat, and despite Governor Wolf pulling 47.5% in Lancaster County in 2018, and the blueing of the Philly burbs spreading slowly outward to the secondary collar counties, I imagine it's too early to start expecting Democrats to flip Lancaster County.

A D+6/+8 year could give Dems control of the PA House, though.
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 01:13:32 PM »

It'll take more than a D+8 year to flip the PA Senate, of course not counting unknowable severely anomalous local hijinks.  The Lancaster County seat we have to flip is about an R+13 seat, and despite Governor Wolf pulling 47.5% in Lancaster County in 2018, and the blueing of the Philly burbs spreading slowly outward to the secondary collar counties, I imagine it's too early to start expecting Democrats to flip Lancaster County.

A D+6/+8 year could give Dems control of the PA House, though.

Wouldn't be so sure about that, democrats have still a lot of House districts which are very Trumpist, they will be hard to defend and at least two of them are already pretty close to being lost (the one in Schuylkill and the one in Cambria).

I'm not so sure about that, hence why I wrote "could".    Tongue

We'll have to see about the Cambria seat, but the Schuylkill seat is pretty much gone, barring a miracle.  The Dem incumbent retired, and it's a solidly red seat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies